Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 3:26:45 AM   
Delta Bravo

Hi Folks,

A question from a newbee.

I cannot get my LA class submarine to launch a tomahawk missile (or any missile for that matter) against an enemy land-based installation. What am I doing wrong? I sent out an AWACS and have all of my comm. links on. I am "play-testing" in the scenario editor (ODB) with active radar on. The sub is on the surface at 0 knots. I keep getting a weapon not capable message when I try to manually attack.

I would like to be able to use my submarines to sneak up on surface structures (buildings, etc.). Does anyone have any advice on how one should execute such missions?

BTW: I love this game!

Thanks,
Delta Bravo

Post #: 1
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 12:50:59 PM   
Divefreak

Maybee the TLAMs have a min firing heigh. so you need to dive with you sub to shallow or persicop before firing the Tomahawks!

Edit:

It has a launch restriction but surface is ok but Herman worked it out on Gamesquad that all UGM-109 in the ODB have no propulsion engine, so they can´t be launched at all!

=> it is a DB Error!

Regards René

< Message edited by Divefreak -- 7/1/2007 3:05:27 PM >

(in reply to Delta Bravo)
Post #: 2
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 6:05:42 PM   
Delta Bravo

Ah Ha, thank you very much for the tip!

(in reply to Divefreak)
Post #: 3
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 7:06:22 PM   
Divefreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Delta Bravo

Ah Ha, thank you very much for the tip!

As a workaround until Dale ist back you can add the propuslion with the in agme db editor.

Regards René

(in reply to Delta Bravo)
Post #: 4
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 9:44:21 PM   
Delta Bravo

That's great!  I just got the link for the DB editor sent to me.  Thanks again, folks, big help.

(in reply to Divefreak)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI