Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 3:26:45 AM   
Delta Bravo

Hi Folks,

A question from a newbee.

I cannot get my LA class submarine to launch a tomahawk missile (or any missile for that matter) against an enemy land-based installation. What am I doing wrong? I sent out an AWACS and have all of my comm. links on. I am "play-testing" in the scenario editor (ODB) with active radar on. The sub is on the surface at 0 knots. I keep getting a weapon not capable message when I try to manually attack.

I would like to be able to use my submarines to sneak up on surface structures (buildings, etc.). Does anyone have any advice on how one should execute such missions?

BTW: I love this game!

Thanks,
Delta Bravo

Post #: 1
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 12:50:59 PM   
Divefreak

Maybee the TLAMs have a min firing heigh. so you need to dive with you sub to shallow or persicop before firing the Tomahawks!

Edit:

It has a launch restriction but surface is ok but Herman worked it out on Gamesquad that all UGM-109 in the ODB have no propulsion engine, so they can´t be launched at all!

=> it is a DB Error!

Regards René

< Message edited by Divefreak -- 7/1/2007 3:05:27 PM >

(in reply to Delta Bravo)
Post #: 2
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 6:05:42 PM   
Delta Bravo

Ah Ha, thank you very much for the tip!

(in reply to Divefreak)
Post #: 3
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 7:06:22 PM   
Divefreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Delta Bravo

Ah Ha, thank you very much for the tip!

As a workaround until Dale ist back you can add the propuslion with the in agme db editor.

Regards René

(in reply to Delta Bravo)
Post #: 4
RE: Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations - 7/1/2007 9:44:21 PM   
Delta Bravo

That's great!  I just got the link for the DB editor sent to me.  Thanks again, folks, big help.

(in reply to Divefreak)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Submarine Operations Against Land-Based Installations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI