Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Desertion in the ranks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Desertion in the ranks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 1:19:38 AM   
MineSweeper

FLT Cambell jumped sides and became a Japanese TF Commander....
Even has 81 Ispiration level.......

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 1:28:09 AM   
jwilkerson

Could you check and see if he is also commanding the flagship "liverpool maru" ... I suspect yes ..

I've trapped the display of invalid leaders (two different problems) to make it harder to voluntarily get guys from the wrong side - but there is an "automated" problem still living in the code somewhere - it has happened to me to - but I still can't get far enough back in my saves to find the root cause.

Did anything unusual happen to Liverpool maru lately? Was it damaged by any enemy ordnance? Like was previous commader killed? That might have been the issue in my case - Mutsu struck 5 mines in Darwin ... and I never checked her - but after her repairs she was commanded by CPT Bennet, J. and I never changed her commander - so it was an "automated" change at some point.

Well if you think you have a save that will help let's chat.

Thx.

AE Project Lead

(in reply to MineSweeper)
Post #: 2
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 2:04:47 AM   
MineSweeper

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Could you check and see if he is also commanding the flagship "liverpool maru" ... I suspect yes ..

I've trapped the display of invalid leaders (two different problems) to make it harder to voluntarily get guys from the wrong side - but there is an "automated" problem still living in the code somewhere - it has happened to me to - but I still can't get far enough back in my saves to find the root cause.

Did anything unusual happen to Liverpool maru lately? Was it damaged by any enemy ordnance? Like was previous commader killed? That might have been the issue in my case - Mutsu struck 5 mines in Darwin ... and I never checked her - but after her repairs she was commanded by CPT Bennet, J. and I never changed her commander - so it was an "automated" change at some point.

Thx.

Yes, he is in command of the Liverpool Maru.....nothing unusual has happened to that TF or the Maru (has not been in any combat that I can remember)......the TF has just been moving suppiles around.....
I do not have any saves that could help out......

< Message edited by MineSweeper -- 6/30/2007 2:51:50 AM >

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 3:14:12 AM   
RUPD3658

I had a lot of Allied leaders show up in command of my Japanese barges.

I even had a few flight Lts and Wing Commanders running divisions in China. These spies were quickly dealt with....

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

Post #: 4
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 3:55:56 AM   
wdolson

I guess Flight lefttenant Campbell was from Liverpool and felt homesick.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 5
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 4:01:42 AM   
MineSweeper

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I guess Flight lefttenant Campbell was from Liverpool and felt homesick.

Bill

Or he escaped from the Singapore Slammer and disguised himself as a IJN trampship capn'.....

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 6
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 4:38:42 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MineSweeper

quote:

Thx.

Yes, he is in command of the Liverpool Maru.....nothing unusual has happened to that TF or the Maru (has not been in any combat that I can remember)......the TF has just been moving suppiles around.....

I just had an idea ... I disbanded Mutsu into Darwin the turn after she hit those mines (the turn I took Darwin) .. she wouldn't have been able to survive otherwise - I think she had 70 or so flotation - but I wonder if somehow being in a "formerly enemy" base - is what triggered the bad leader acquisition ...

Can you recall where the Liverpool was last disbanded?

AE Project Lead

Post #: 7
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 5:05:09 AM   
MineSweeper

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MineSweeper

quote:

Thx.

I just had an idea ... I disbanded Mutsu into Darwin the turn after she hit those mines (the turn I took Darwin) .. she wouldn't have been able to survive otherwise - I think she had 70 or so flotation - but I wonder if somehow being in a "formerly enemy" base - is what triggered the bad leader acquisition ...

Can you recall where the Liverpool was last disbanded?

Sure don't.......She could have been disbanded in Singapore - maybe
just to let you know - this is CHS Scenario 115

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 8
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 2:16:38 PM   
rockmedic109

The simple explaination is always the best.  The previous captain of Liverpool Maru put the keys to the ship up aas collateral in a poker game and discovered four dueces beats a full house.

Post #: 9
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 6/30/2007 3:59:09 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

The simple explaination is always the best.  The previous captain of Liverpool Maru put the keys to the ship up aas collateral in a poker game and discovered four dueces beats a full house.

This sounds like something from Mandrake's AAR!!!

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 10
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 7/1/2007 3:05:58 AM   
Local Yokel

In our CHS Scen. 157 PBEM, WitP Decoder is reporting leader errors for the following ships:

AD-3162
Akashi
Ch 31
Ch 32
Ch 7
Ch 9
Erimo
Gotake Maru
Iro
Jingei
Kashino
Kinesaki
Konan Maru
Manju Maru
Ryuyo Maru
Taigei
Yokohama Maru

It is noteworthy that a high proportion of these vessels are auxiliaries. In my experience pollution of the leader database by foreign leaders occurs first amongst such ships. I haven't looked at the database to see which slots the affected ships occupy, but I wonder whether a check on this might yield some clue as to why such pollution is occurring.

Post #: 11
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 7/1/2007 3:58:50 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

I even had a few flight Lts and Wing Commanders running divisions in China. These spies were quickly dealt with....

Yeah well. Tell your danged Japanese generals to stay off my PT boats or we will have problems.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 12
RE: Desertion in the ranks - 7/1/2007 5:16:56 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: RUPD3658

Yeah well. Tell your danged Japanese generals to stay off my PT boats or we will have problems.

Ad hominem! Non sequiteur! Persona non grata! Deus ex machina! .....and other latin phrases as well. Youre all obviously confused by the undocumented officer exchange program feature.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Desertion in the ranks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI