WF BP 1

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

Atle

WF BP 1

Post by Atle »

I have just downloaded the new Matrix edition of the CS series, and discovered that scenarios from the WF BP 1 were missing. Will these be added in a patch later on?

I am really missing the very enjoyable scenarios from Norway 1940....
asiaticus

RE: WF BP 1

Post by asiaticus »

If you can list them here, I will see about finding them and putting them in.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

West Front Battle Pack 1 Scenarios

Shut Your Eyes and Go In!
Tigers!
The Greatest Raid - St. Nazaire
2nd New Zealand to the Rescue
4th Armoured To the Rescue
82nd Airborne at Nijmegen
A Brief Visit To Mortain
A Chance Encounter
A Cold Tunisian Dawn
A Familiar Enemy
A Fateful Encounter
A Hard Snow Falls
A Lousy Christmas
A Rat by the Tail
A Rude Surprise for Rommel
A Small Bridge
A Tall Assignment
Across the Meuse
Action Front
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Looking at West Front Gold, the only Norwegian 1940 scenario I see is "And We Shall Stand."  All three file names are under Brumunddal.
asiaticus

Post by asiaticus »

Well as I look at the WF Gold and Matrix version based on it, . Seven of the BP scenarios were omitted. Most of the missing can be downloaded at the Blitzkreig Club Scenario download site (see below).

Shut Your Eyes and Go In! - Rochefort.scn
Tigers! - Eilendorf.scn
The Greatest Raid - St. Nazaire - Nazaire.scn (missing)
2nd New Zealand to the Rescue - montecassino
4th Armoured To the Rescue - bulge2.scn (missing)
82nd Airborne at Nijmegen - Nijmegen.scn (missing) *
A Brief Visit To Mortain - 00morta01 (missing)
A Chance Encounter - Hersfeld.scn
A Cold Tunisian Dawn - Chott El Djerid.scn (missing) *
A Familiar Enemy - Gerbini.scn
A Fateful Encounter - Badhersfeld.scn (missing) *
A Hard Snow Falls - St Vith2.scn
A Lousy Christmas - Humain.scn
A New Threat - Elsdorf.scn
A Rat by the Tail - Corano.scn
A Rude Surprise for Rommel - Hagfet el Igela.scn
A Small Bridge - 2Bridge.scn (missing) *
A Tall Assignment - Melfa.scn
Across the Meuse - Dinant.scn
Action Front - Abiod.scn

* Can be downloaded at:
http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/show_ ... php?game=7

asiaticus

Post by asiaticus »

Just found my BP1 disc in a dusty corner, and all those (missing) scenarios listed above are NOT on the disc. Everything else seems to be.

The Greatest Raid - St. Nazaire - Nazaire.scn (missing)
4th Armoured To the Rescue - bulge2.scn (missing)

Can be downloaded from the Blitzkreig Club FTP site: ftp://ftp.theblitz.org/pub/

Cant find "A Brief Visit To Mortain " - 00morta01 (missing)
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

In addition to the seven noted above, I was missing "2nd New Zealand to the Rescue" and "A Hard Snow Falls."
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

asiaticus

Do I simply download the scenarionsdirectly into the EF, WF or RS folder or do I have to do something else?
Temple

Post by Temple »

OK, so now I'm confused. Apparently (and correct me if I'm wrong) but the BP#1 scenario were *not* on the West Front Gold disk and therefore not in JTCS? I can't find the ones mentioned above on my installation of WFG from the "World At War" compilation. As asked above, will they be officially added in a patch?

UPDATE: Nevermind the above, see my post below
Witti44

Post by Witti44 »

Hi,

is it possible to dl szenarios of the old CS und play it with the new matrix version? Or are´t they compatible?

Are only the WF BP 1 szenarios missing or other like the fall of the reich for EF too? So i must take it from my world at war CDs or must dl it ;)
Temple

Post by Temple »

OK, I also found my old BP disk.

Pondering how to compare the BP scenarios and see if they are on the JTCS installation, I finally just highlighted all the .scn files on the BP disk and dragged them into the JTCS WF installation. If it asked to replace an existing file I clicked "no". And guess what? All the BP scenarios are in the JTCS WF installation, there were no .scn files copied.

Here's the list of the .scn files on my BP disk:
Abbeville.scn                                                                            
Abiod.scn                                                                                
Agira.scn                                                                                
Agny.scn                                                                                 
Agram.scn                                                                                
Alfen.scn                                                                                
Arnaville.scn                                                                            
Arnhem.scn                                                                               
Arnhem2.scn                                                                              
Benouville.scn                                                                           
Bieville.scn                                                                             
Bleijenbeek.scn                                                                          
Bonninghardt.scn                                                                         
Bootcamp1.scn                                                                            
Bootcamp2.scn                                                                            
Bootcamp3.scn                                                                            
Brumunddal.scn                                                                           
Canisy.scn                                                                               
Capuzzo.scn                                                                              
Carentan.scn                                                                             
Carpiquet.scn                                                                            
Celles.scn                                                                               
Chabrehez.scn                                                                            
Chambois.scn                                                                             
Clervaux.scn                                                                             
Connage.scn                                                                              
Corano.scn                                                                               
Dieppe.scn                                                                               
Dinant.scn                                                                               
Eddekhilo.scn                                                                            
Eilendorf.scn                                                                            
Elsdorf.scn                                                                              
Emieville.scn                                                                            
er Regima.scn                                                                            
Flavion.scn                                                                              
Gabr es Siaghi.scn                                                                       
Gabr Saleh.scn                                                                           
Gehauat.scn                                                                              
Gerbini.scn                                                                              
Gubi.scn                                                                                 
Guebling.scn                                                                             
Guines.scn                                                                               
Hacheim.scn                                                                              
Hagfet el Igela.scn                                                                      
Haiad.scn                                                                                
Hanau.scn                                                                                
Hannut.scn                                                                               
Heraklion.scn                                                                            
Hill 112.scn                                                                             
Humain.scn                                                                               
Kasserine Pass.scn                                                                       
Kerling.scn                                                                              
Kidney Ridge.scn                                                                         
Kings Cross.scn                                                                          
La Fiere.scn                                                                             
La Villa.scn                                                                             
Langannerie.scn                                                                          
Leonforte.scn                                                                            
Losheim.scn                                                                              
Lucien.scn                                                                               
Mageret.scn                                                                              
Maknassy Pass.scn                                                                        
Maleme.scn                                                                               
Marnach.scn                                                                              
Mausbach.scn                                                                             
Melfa.scn                                                                                
Merdjayoun.scn                                                                           
Moncourt.scn                                                                             
Montcornet.scn                                                                           
Moringen.scn                                                                             
Mortain.scn                                                                              
Northeim Gap.scn                                                                         
Noville.scn                                                                              
Omaha East.scn                                                                           
Persano.scn                                                                              
Point 206.scn                                                                            
Ptolemais.scn                                                                            
Rauray.scn                                                                               
Rees.scn                                                                                 
Rezegh.scn                                                                               
Rezegh2.scn                                                                              
Rochefort.scn                                                                            
Rohrbach.scn                                                                             
Ruweisat.scn                                                                             
San Pietro.scn                                                                           
Schmidt.scn                                                                              
Scihan.scn                                                                               
Sibret.scn                                                                               
Sidi Omar.scn                                                                            
Sidra Ridge.scn                                                                          
St Charles.scn                                                                           
St Vith.scn                                                                              
St Vith2.scn                                                                             
Ste Come.scn                                                                             
Stonne.scn                                                                               
Teboulba.scn                                                                             
Tebourba.scn                                                                             
Trappes.scn                                                                              
Verrieres.scn                                                                            
Vevi.scn                                                                                 
VillersBocage.scn                                                                        
Wettlingen.scn                                                                           
Wolfskirchen.scn

Note that the original WF scenarios are there as well.

Here's an image from the original BP readme that has a list of scenarios that are new to the BP. Image
From the original BP readme:
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

Excellent.  I found "A Hard Snow Falls" by searching for the file name.  I still haven't found "2nd New Zealand to the Rescue," but it apparently never was part of any original package.
Gray_Lensman

Post by Gray_Lensman »

ORIGINAL: 1925frank

Excellent.  I found "A Hard Snow Falls" by searching for the file name.  I still haven't found "2nd New Zealand to the Rescue," but it apparently never was part of any original package.

For "2nd New Zealand to the Rescue, look for Montecassino in this link:

ftp://ftp.theblitz.org/pub/
You've GOT to hold them back!
Temple

Post by Temple »

Just played "Out of the Mist" from the BP. Very interesting situation for the Allies, and hard to win on the first try. 
Geomitrak

Post by Geomitrak »

ORIGINAL: big dawg

asiaticus

Do I simply download the scenarionsdirectly into the EF, WF or RS folder or do I have to do something else?

The zip file will have the files ***.scn ***.org and ***.map in it. Just extract these directly into the main Matrix Games/John Tiller's Campaign Series/West Front folder ( as its a West Front scenario...the East Front and Rising Sun scenarios go in their relevant folders. Some scenarios also come with a picture...that should go into the main West Front folder too. If in doubt, have a look; there are loads of .scn .org and .map files in there.

The scenario can then be selected in the usual way. [:)]
Atle

Post by Atle »

Thanks! Glad to hear that all the BP scenarios are on JTCS. Must have been blind while I looked for the scenarios [X(]
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

Thank you Geomitrak. Below is a copy of a post I left today regarding my attempting to transer some already converted EFII files to the Matrix folder. It did not work, but downloading them from the Blitz scenario depot to the Matrix did work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was pleasantly surprised when I downloaded a West Front & East Front II scenario directly from The Blitz scenario depot to the respective Matrix folders and the darn things actually worked!! I was even able to move the horses after the riders had dismounted.

I have always struggled converting ver 1.02 for play w/ ver 1.03 & wanted to see if the Matrix game would make matters easier.

I found a converted EFII scenario in my Talonsoft directory (Another Lost Victory), copied it & pasted it in the Matrix folder. I received the infamous error message when I tried to play it w/ Matrix.

I went to the Blitz scenario depot & downloaded it directly into the Matrix EF folder & it worked!!!!

Wooo Hooo!!!

Is it possible to play every scenario including those from PROJECT BLITZKREIG with Matrix?

Jack
Rik81

Post by Rik81 »

So back to the question: Is Matrix going to put out a patch with these missing scenarios or not?

I was a little confused about the post concerning someone using his old WF BP disk, I think I might have mine around here somewhere.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”