Printed Manual Upgrades Coming to Matrix Games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

David Heath

Printed Manual Upgrades Coming to Matrix Games

Post by David Heath »

Hi Everyone

So you purchased one of our older titles and now it has a printed manual and you want one. Well your chance is coming. This will be an option only available to a customer who have already purchased a game that now has a new full color printed manual available. Matrix will be setting up an upgrade page that a customer must enter his address, email, contact information and you must know your serial number. We must also enter what store you purchased the original game from (US, EU). Once that information is entered you will be displayed a discount code as well as having it emailed to you with a link to place a new order for a new box version of the game (Game On Demand). Each serial number will only be able to be entered once for this limited time offer.

ONE VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Our box games comes in a DVD box case with a full color insert, a full color manual and 1 or 2 CD with full color labels. These CD will NOT have your serial numbers printed on them. So you will need to write them on the CD or inside the game manual for safe keeping. PLEASE NOTE THIS CHANGE. Normally our box games have the serial numbers printed on the CD 1 but for these upgrades we can not do this. The cost will be $9.99 plus shipping and handling.

We should have this option available soon.

David

Plodder

RE: Printed Manual Upgrades Coming to Matrix Games

Post by Plodder »

Sounds great[:)] Do you have a list of the games that this would apply to?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
phredd1

Post by phredd1 »

That's good news, I look forward to those manuals. What about Campaign Series & Commander: War in Europe, will those have printed manuals?
CJMello63

Post by CJMello63 »

Good news. Print shop I went to wanted big bucks to print and bind the WiTP manual. Would be great to have this for older titles and for us that got the DL only for CS. Keep us updated when this starts and its much appreciated Dave.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: phredd1
That's good news, I look forward to those manuals. What about Campaign Series & Commander: War in Europe, will those have printed manuals?

All games released from Forge of Freedom on have printed manual from the start.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

Sounds great[:)] Do you have a list of the games that this would apply to?

We will announce this for every game that is upgradeable. Right now we are in the process to alter the existing PDF manuals so that they fit the specs for printing them. We have already adjusted a few and plan to adjust 2 per month until every old title is available with a printed manual.

Please keep in mind that every new released title from late Dec 2006 (it started with FOF) on already comes with a printed manual.
Apparently there are still people that do not know this.
phredd1

Post by phredd1 »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

ORIGINAL: phredd1

All games released from Forge of Freedom on have printed manual from the start.

Great news! I'm a fan of printed manuals with the games...thanks for bringing it back!!
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

ORIGINAL: CJMello63

Good news. Print shop I went to wanted big bucks to print and bind the WiTP manual. Would be great to have this for older titles and for us that got the DL only for CS. Keep us updated when this starts and its much appreciated Dave.
Have them print in black and white...much cheaper that way.[;)]
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

jbunnelle

Post by jbunnelle »

So how will we know when this option is enabled? Will there be a news posting? Should we just check back here for links?
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: jbunnelle

So how will we know when this option is enabled? Will there be a news posting? Should we just check back here for links?

Don't worry it will be a big announcement.
Raindog101

Post by Raindog101 »

I'd like to see the HttR Strategy guide in a hard copy.
pad152

Post by pad152 »

I've been waiting for this!

Thanks
Bigfish

Post by Bigfish »

Today physical shipments of four games is delivered to me. So i have a question about. Is it right that Flashpoint Germany comes without a printed manual?
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Bigfish

Today physical shipments of four games is delivered to me. So i have a question about. Is it right that Flashpoint Germany comes without a printed manual?

Probably. Matrix only started releasing the DVD box versions with printed manuals this year. They are doing the back-catalogue as well, but only some so far - presumably those that are still selling significant numbers of copies. I doubt that would include stuff like FPG or Tin Soldiers, which is a bit of a shame really as both are among my favourite Matrix releases. Fortunately FPG does have a very good tutorial manual which is only twenty pages or so, as well as the main one.
Bigfish

Post by Bigfish »

ok, thx
ibeam81

Post by ibeam81 »

Is there any update on when this option might be available? Christmas is coming. Thanks!
JGerhard

Post by JGerhard »

What are the chances we can purchase just a manual for the current games that are dowload only? I would think that you would have a pretty good market for this. Any thoughts about this?

Return to “General Discussion”