Are you having Campaign Problems?

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Jason Petho

Are you having Campaign Problems?

Post by Jason Petho »

Did you try to start a new campaign but it isn't working, or the buttons appear to be moved from where they should be?

Quick Fix: Make sure the campaign file is being saved in the root folder of the game you're playing.

Did you try to start a new campaign in West Front but there appears to be no units?

Quick Fix: Open up a European Campaign, exit and try the original campaign again. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for this, but we're still trying to find a solution.

Jason Petho

Digger70

RE: Are you having Campaign Problems?

Post by Digger70 »

Jason,

When debugging the Night graphics stuff, I realised that the default terrain set has been replaced by the NWE terrain set in fact no matter how many times I edited the old terrain2d.bmp file I couldn't get the changes to trigger on a map.

Perhaps the Campaign Games used this same default for Units and wrote to a default file. Opening a Med or desert Campaign would therefore not trigger it wherese the NWE would

Just an idea

Avon123

Post by Avon123 »

Hi, Jason et al.

Thought I should flag that the fix on Vista is working 100% well. A lot of positive improvements in game play, such as the modification of the OOB's compared to EFII. One thing I thought you should know, post-patch, the same phantom AT guns problem is persisting: Winter 1941 DG German AT HQ and 4x with 3 Half Tracks each deployed without any guns, on separate occasions AT arriving as reinforcements have the 50mm-unit quantities set to 1. Otherwise pretty good so far.
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Avon123

Hi, Jason et al.

Thought I should flag that the fix on Vista is working 100% well. A lot of positive improvements in game play, such as the modification of the OOB's compared to EFII. One thing I thought you should know, post-patch, the same phantom AT guns problem is persisting: Winter 1941 DG German AT HQ and 4x with 3 Half Tracks each deployed without any guns, on separate occasions AT arriving as reinforcements have the 50mm-unit quantities set to 1. Otherwise pretty good so far.

Ugh. How annoying. I'll keep looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.

Jason Petho
nabuok

Post by nabuok »

Jason,

This also happens if you select a linked campaign, get to the "save as" option (default is root of c:\) but then CANCEL instead of saving. Any further attempts to load campaigns fail with an error "error loading file - xxxxx.OOB" (where xxxxx is the unit level). Exiting the game and then going back in again cures the problem.
british exil

Post by british exil »

How do I know if my campaign game is being saved in the root folder? I just click on ok when it offers me a folder where the game is to be saved.

I'm not experiencing any problems with Rising Sun or on The East Front. (only that my engineers are having a terrible time clearing the minefields. Losses and disruption(EF))

I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to computer problems, but I'm learning how to solve minor things.

So I'm happy for all the help I can get.

Cheers for now.
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: british exil

How do I know if my campaign game is being saved in the root folder? I just click on ok when it offers me a folder where the game is to be saved.

I'm not experiencing any problems with Rising Sun or on The East Front. (only that my engineers are having a terrible time clearing the minefields. Losses and disruption(EF))

I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to computer problems, but I'm learning how to solve minor things.

So I'm happy for all the help I can get.

Cheers for now.

It should give you a "Browse" feature to allow you to put the campaign where it should go.

An East Front campaign should go in your East Front folder, a West Front campaign should go in your West Front folder, etc.

The Engineer issue will be resolved in the coming patch.

Jason Petho
british exil

Post by british exil »

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll try that on Sunday afternoon, as I'm stuck here in middle of Germany with no CS.

See what I was doing wrong. Wanted to play the 101 campaign but choose the EF invasion of Poland one first, as I just had to play a campaign game.

Once again thanks for all the hard work you've putin to make lots of boys happy.

Cheers
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll try that on Sunday afternoon, as I'm stuck here in middle of Germany with no CS.

See what I was doing wrong. Wanted to play the 101 campaign but choose the EF invasion of Poland one first, as I just had to play a campaign game.

Once again thanks for all the hard work you've putin to make lots of boys happy.

Cheers

Actually, I would hold off on playing a campaign until 1.02 is released.. it will fix the East Front campaigns and give you some more toys to play with in your campaign games.

Hopefully it will be available by next week at the latest.

Jason Petho
Avon123

Post by Avon123 »

Has anyone experienced the following issue: Eastern Front Dynamic Campaign Army Group North

My Battalion level command (I Battalion of 31st Panzer) was reorganised and re-equiped en mass by CS, in late 1943, the FV2 and Pz IIIN were very welcolme... however, this is a completely new battalion not the one developed from the beginning of the game, more alarmingly the new order of battle shows my leader listed, but he no longer appears in the game. At the end of the very next engagement CS is unable to conclude and crashes, the character is un restorable. Dammn..........[:(]
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Avon123

Has anyone experienced the following issue: Eastern Front Dynamic Campaign Army Group North

My Battalion level command (I Battalion of 31st Panzer) was reorganised and re-equiped en mass by CS, in late 1943, the FV2 and Pz IIIN were very welcolme... however, this is a completely new battalion not the one developed from the beginning of the game, more alarmingly the new order of battle shows my leader listed, but he no longer appears in the game. At the end of the very next engagement CS is unable to conclude and crashes, the character is un restorable. Dammn..........[:(]

This is a ten year old glitch.. but I think I have fixed it and that fix will be available in the 1.02 patch coming out.

Due to the massive order of battle changes, all existing dynamic campaign games will NOT work with the fix, campaigns will have to start from scratch.

Jason Petho
Avon123

Post by Avon123 »

Thanks for prompt response Jason
british exil

Post by british exil »

Tried the solution you gave me when it came to playing a campaign in WF.
It worked- of course it would after the solution you gave me.
Thanks again.
No problem with having to restart the campaign after installing the new patch.
At the moment I'm learning by playing~~by making mistakes and not forgetting them.

Once again thanks for the valuable help you give us all.

Mathew

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

Once again thanks for the valuable help you give us all.

No problem, Mathew!

I am pleased to hear it has been sorted out.

Enjoy the gaming experience, and do try playing against a human opponent when you feel up to it!

Jason Petho
thrud

Post by thrud »

I was playing West Front just fine, I copied my campaign files to my desktop (as my battle was about to end and I wanted to be sure to get reenforcements....if I didn't, I would just copy the campaign files from the desktop to the West Front folder and try again).  When I went to start a new West Front campaign, I get the message that there was an error, the game must close, and do I want to notify Microsoft.....that error comes up right away.  I uninstalled Campaign series and reinstalled and applied the patch, but I am still getting the same error....both East Front and Rising Sun work fine.  My system is XP pro/SP2.   Any suggestions?
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: thrud

I was playing West Front just fine, I copied my campaign files to my desktop (as my battle was about to end and I wanted to be sure to get reenforcements....if I didn't, I would just copy the campaign files from the desktop to the West Front folder and try again).  When I went to start a new West Front campaign, I get the message that there was an error, the game must close, and do I want to notify Microsoft.....that error comes up right away.  I uninstalled Campaign series and reinstalled and applied the patch, but I am still getting the same error....both East Front and Rising Sun work fine.  My system is XP pro/SP2.   Any suggestions?

I think the biggest problem was saving to the desktop. The campaign files must be saved in the West Front folder if you are running a West Front campaign.

Jason Petho
1925frank

Post by 1925frank »

I'm having problem with reinforcements.  Please see the thread, "Reinforcement/Releases."  The limited feedback I've gotten is that the problem is unique to my computer, or I guess another way to interpret the response is that I'm not experiencing any problem at all.  I've identified the problem.  What I'm trying to verify is whether it's unique to my computer. 
sub jockey

Post by sub jockey »

[font="times new roman"]Jason, or who ever in tech-support;[&o][/font]
[font="times new roman"][/font] 
[font="times new roman"]1.) I'm playing East Front in JTCS. Here is the problem; On 12 different DCG games that I started in the career mode, In the OOB, I get the 280mm Rocket Artillery everytime in 1941! Can you look and see what the starting date is for this type of unit. In the old game, I'd get 105mm Towed Artillery with trucks.[&:][/font]
[font="times new roman"]2.) Same problem on the Medal awards screen that comes up, I still get -1, space, space, 9. This is on EF, & not so much on WF. I've downloaded the game 3 times, thinking it was a bad download, Its still there.[X(][/font]
[font="times new roman"]3.) No-troops coming up for the next mission is still a problem in WF. I find that if, I just left-click the mouse button, in the advertizment screen to go on to the next mission, this doesn't happen as much with no-troops. But if the ad goes on and plays, the problem starts more so than at any other time.[8|][/font]
[font="times new roman"]Thank you,[/font]
[font="times new roman"]Sub Jockey[8D][/font]
[font="times new roman"]P.S. Hope this info helps, and it doesn't slow down the patch coming out.[;)][/font]
leek

Post by leek »

I noticed that on many Campaign games there are only a few units to setup.

Sometimes I have partial units without the HQ which comes in later as a replacement
or sometimes I have a HQ without and units which come in later.

Is this part of the design or am I missing something?

Lee
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: leek

I noticed that on many Campaign games there are only a few units to setup.

Sometimes I have partial units without the HQ which comes in later as a replacement
or sometimes I have a HQ without and units which come in later.

Is this part of the design or am I missing something?

Lee

That is how Talonsoft decided to code it ... more random than anything based on "mission type". Not quite sure why.

If you played Linked Campaigns you shouldn't run into that issue, unless it was a situation that the LCG designer is creating.

Jason Petho

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”