Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie question about game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Newbie question about game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie question about game - 5/22/2007 10:52:12 PM   
jonpfl

All,

I just picked up the game and was wondering if I should install a mod before I start playing? Is it worth it to try and play as-is or is the game much better if I start with some mods.

And, if so, which mods should I install?

Thx
jonpfl
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie question about game - 5/22/2007 11:09:51 PM   
PDiFolco

Personnally I've installed Bman's mod after just a couple hours play to get a feel for the game, as the game just adds without removing anything. Now you can directly go for FrankenMod which combine Bman and Moriarty, it adds still more !

(in reply to jonpfl)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie question about game - 5/23/2007 12:54:13 AM   
Temple

I've been using Bman, what's the other two?

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie question about game - 5/23/2007 1:50:10 AM   
dbt1949

I prefer to play the vanilla game the first time around. As I like this game pretty well I'll be playing it again and maybe I'll try out the mod then. Most who've tried out the mod have liked it.

Ye Olde Farte

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 4
RE: Newbie question about game - 5/23/2007 4:37:29 AM   
Wiz33

Just the improved interface is worth getting the mod even if you turn all the other features off but I think the right click open door mod and the save ammo remaining mos should be consider a must.

< Message edited by Wiz33 -- 5/23/2007 4:38:25 AM >

(in reply to dbt1949)
Post #: 5
RE: Newbie question about game - 5/23/2007 1:19:18 PM   
PDiFolco

UFO ET mods are rather special as they don't change much of the game mood/settings but rather add many features. They look more like patches than usual mods (and indeed they are mostly new/changed code !).
The most famous are BMan's and Moriarty, that are combined in FrankenMod (so this one is not really a mod itself !), then there is Sage's mod - that I did't try.

(in reply to Wiz33)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Newbie question about game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI