Disappointed

Close Combat - Cross of Iron is based on Atomic Games award Winning Close Combat Series. Close Combat is a real time game were you take command of German or Soviet squads on the Eastern Front during World War II. This version is being developed by CSO Simtek and will include many new features and improvements.
dhdbob

Disappointed

Post by dhdbob »

Big CC Fan here..I held out purchasing CC CoI because I really didn't want to pay $39.99 for a game that I already own. I was reading through the CC forums here and saw that there was a Vietnam mod..so I got excited and purchased the game. Here's where it all begins...

First off I loaded the game..no major problem. I went to click on the Mod Swap function and nothing, nada. So I had to search through the CSO forums to find a remedy. Found it..which basically sent me into my program files to load a .exe file that supposedly didn't load..not sure why..but I'm sure I'll get an answer.. honestly I really don't care because I fixed it. So I loaded the Vietnam Mod..it looked good, but there is was no campaign or anything, basically I had to set up the maps and my own campaign..so that was a turn off. So I say forget the vietnam mod..it was not what I expected. So I go to Mod Swap and uninstall the vietnam mod. Well..after doing so now my regular russian v. german game want even start up...so I have to reinstall the whole thing. A real pain in the butt..I thought this "upgrade" would make life a little easier..but basically I still have to do all of the work to load a mod.

I hope if and when there is a new installment of CC that CSO really does a bang up job. unfortunately I'm not impressed with the re-release.

can someone point me to the refunds department?

Bob

Comrade_Blabsky

Vietnam Campaign

Post by Comrade_Blabsky »

There is a campaign included with Vietnam mod, "Three Tours." There is a map pack that is needed to play the entire campaign, but the first operation uses a stock map.  There are no operations or battles included.
Nothing can defeat the will of the People.
Andrew Williams

RE: Vietnam Campaign

Post by Andrew Williams »

Loading and unloading a mod has never been simpler than under CoI and ModSwap.

Please read all screens that pop up while installing or uninstalling anything... that's what they are for.

From your brief description of your problem it looks like you had 2 instances of ModSwap open concurrently.

After installing a Mod please close ModSwap.

Below is a link that will , most likely, fix your problem.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1426003
ImageImage
Thrash

Post by Thrash »

[...] unfortunately I'm not impressed with the re-release. [...]

Bob

Me too.

Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

y..but I'm sure I'll get an answer..

Because you canceeled the installation before it completed...... easy error to make if you don't read the pop up screens.

Vietnam does have a campaign... have you found it yet?

again user error... please scroll down to the  "Three Tours"  campaign created especially for Vitnam V2.

Don't worry you'll get the hang of it.
ImageImage
Blublub

Post by Blublub »

Loading and unloading a mod has never been simpler than under CoI and ModSwap.

I had the same problem finding the campaign. There's a lot of bogus stuff to wade through after the mod is installed and it is easy to miss at the end of the list. Please, modders and map makers (and not just the 'nam guys) - include even a basic readme with this sort of info. I found it on one of the forums but after quite a bit of hunting.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

I have 3 close friends that are war gamers not one of us has been able start a MP game of cross of iron, but we all still play CC5 even with its problems[:@]played the computer twice...no wonder no one is playing the online battle sim. ME 2!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

Return to “Close Combat - Cross of Iron”