From: Wolf 359
Couple of notes:
1. I can no longer change levels for viewing. The level change is not available (greyed out). I have to click on someone that is on a given level to change view levels. This makes selecting soldiers harder.
2. Right clicking no longer de-selects a soldier as easily as it used to.
3. Enemy AI, these aliens are now much harder. Especially the machines. They are slow and dumb, but they retreat now, which is a great tactic for them but OUCH. Oh, and they are in groups, like 5-6 at a time. That means 50-120 hits from the weapons you have when you first meet them. Grenades, some rockets, and an advanced early tech weapon work well, but the this early tech weapon is like range 4-5, so you have to get close with enough AP to use it. When the machines retreat, it is much harder. Dunno about this. (Later on, machines are less of a problem due to a certain tech 3 weapon. You do not need many of these weapons as they are only so-so against living targets and not as accurate, but still.) Since their detect range is longer, in an open field map it is way hard. Hopefully no one will get the map I just had ...
4. Now that grenades are used by aliens, I think their range is too long.
5. The game animations are choppier on some maps, like City. Dunno why. I use standard speed animations. Maybe that has something to do with it. (I disliked even level 2 animations as it was too fast and went back to x 1 faster, normal.)
6. The Day-Hour change to production time is kinda nice. However, it makes producing large quantities of items kinda not useful.
---Example: I order 4 suits of level 2 armor. A mission is coming up and I am close to producing a suit. With the change, I have to lower the number I am building to 1 just to see if it is nearly finished in time for the mission. Then I have to readd the other 3. Or, I can only build one at a time. (YUCK, since making laser ammo would be a MESS!). Since I am on HARD difficulty, money is very tight, and so I juggle my few workers around a lot. I can no longer do so since I have NO IDEA when the next item is going to be ready. I only know when the entire order is going to be ready.
---Basically, I liked the old production percentages better. However, I would approve the DAY-HOUR settings for Research.
I do not use most of the other settings, except kill totals (YAY!). They do, however, allow certain players to fine tune to their personnal desires and that is Very Good.
I am mostly concerned with 1 and 2 as they are interface oriented.
< Message edited by GalacticOrigins -- 5/24/2007 4:00:03 AM >