Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mod wish lists

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Mods and Tweaks >> Mod wish lists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mod wish lists - 5/4/2007 8:57:41 PM   
evilferretvictim

I can't think of them all right now, too tired from playing :) I'm trying to limit the list to the *easier* mods for right now, without the need to add new textures in and such. Feel free to add on.

The ability to reserve APs for aimed/snap and burst shots~ Would be nice if you could reserve to kneel as well.

The ability to build anything in bases other than your main~

The ability to pick between movement and primary weapon with the click of the right mouse~ Also hotkeys to pick your soldiers via "1,2,3..ect".

Post #: 1
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/10/2007 10:01:14 PM   
DrAtomic

Pick up the Sage mod it has those (it's more a patch then a mod to be honest) or download your wishes from: http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1661 (AP reserve mod is in the works)

(in reply to evilferretvictim)
Post #: 2
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/10/2007 10:03:21 PM   
PhoenixD

Actually it doesn't have most of those. :P No reserve AP yet, no building in other weapons, just the keyboard hotkeys.

(in reply to DrAtomic)
Post #: 3
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/10/2007 10:09:35 PM   
DrAtomic

eerrrr oops i think i've played too much cause re-reading what he asked for is something totally different from what i had in mind and was replying to... I blame the hallucinoids... Anyways.... Esperanza calls!

(in reply to PhoenixD)
Post #: 4
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/10/2007 10:35:23 PM   
valiant

Also,   in the original,  when you do a snap shot and alien does not fall just click on him again to do another snap shot (or whatever shot your using). In this game you must scroll the screen around find you alien again AND click on your rifle again. Maybe somebody could work on that  

(in reply to DrAtomic)
Post #: 5
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/11/2007 4:27:54 AM   
slider15

It gives the ability to build any base structure in the other bases? If it does Sweet!

(in reply to DrAtomic)
Post #: 6
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/14/2007 5:48:59 PM   
dbt1949

This may see m like a silly request but..........I'm having a hard time telling the dates using the European dating method. Perhaps a small mod to change it to "American" or at least spell out the months.

Thanks!

Ye Olde Farte

(in reply to slider15)
Post #: 7
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/14/2007 6:02:49 PM   
Decepticons

I'd like to see a mod where shooting down an alien craft over land doesn't always create a crash site (ie alien craft is destroyed, as it is when you shoot it down over water).

One user had suggested a reward sytem for various things (shooting down craft, recovery missions, etc). I'd love to see that as well.

Two more (as I play on my laptop here at work, instead of working).

Front/Back/Side armor, especially for armored vehicles.

Better sight range for armored vehicles, especially later models. Look at that cute little radar on top of my cannon tank...shouldn't it allow for a better sight range?

< Message edited by Decepticons -- 5/14/2007 6:20:01 PM >

(in reply to dbt1949)
Post #: 8
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/15/2007 1:02:37 PM   
valiant

quote:

ORIGINAL: dbt1949

This may see m like a silly request but..........I'm having a hard time telling the dates using the European dating method. Perhaps a small mod to change it to "American" or at least spell out the months.

Thanks!

Not silly, gets me confused every time

(in reply to dbt1949)
Post #: 9
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/15/2007 6:52:43 PM   
JHAYES3489

Same here.... it's confusing. I just save before I retire for the night with a (Resume Here) by the Description. I like to save just after landing on a big crashed ship or base, that way I know that when I go back, I've got a job to do

(in reply to valiant)
Post #: 10
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/15/2007 10:35:15 PM   
Hard Sarge

Any way to get a time trigger for reseach ?

I am totally screwed with the capture a Vipon Commander, I just don't get any of them, and when I do, there is no Commander with them (I have seen one in the whole game and I didn't have a room built for him)

so I am pretty much in my 2nd year of the game and still can't find the first Commander

(now, the odds are I have gotten them, but in some of the battles, I got walls of flame and posion all around and they just march into it with out me knowing or seeing them)

(in reply to JHAYES3489)
Post #: 11
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/21/2007 1:26:28 PM   
DrAtomic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

Any way to get a time trigger for reseach ?

I am totally screwed with the capture a Vipon Commander, I just don't get any of them, and when I do, there is no Commander with them (I have seen one in the whole game and I didn't have a room built for him)

so I am pretty much in my 2nd year of the game and still can't find the first Commander

(now, the odds are I have gotten them, but in some of the battles, I got walls of flame and posion all around and they just march into it with out me knowing or seeing them)

Try Bman's mod, it has a golden border around the alien icon in the right hand of your screen, I was in the same situation as you (also due to being color deaf) and have no issues at all with it anymmore: http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1691

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 12
RE: Mod wish lists - 5/23/2007 1:04:15 AM   
jsallison

Ability to shoot over other troop's heads when they kneel by troops standing behind them.

Universal fuze that fits all grenades, goes off on contact (default) can be programmed for delay or proximity blast

Allow carry of grenade in one hand while holding two-handed weapon in other hand.  Reduce accuracy if firing two-handed weapon one-handed.

(in reply to DrAtomic)
Post #: 13
RE: Mod wish lists (STRIP ALL) - 5/23/2007 6:31:36 PM   
JHAYES3489

A BUTTON ON THE SOLDIER SCREEN TO "STRIP ALL" TO MAKE OUTFITTING A SOLDIER/RECRUIT LESS TIME CONSUMING AND MONOTONOUS.

WE'VE TALKED ABOUT IT IN THE TANK BANK THREAD AND IT SEEMS TO BE A WELL RECEIVED IDEA.

THANKS MODDERS

(in reply to jsallison)
Post #: 14
RE: Mod wish lists (STRIP ALL) - 5/23/2007 6:33:37 PM   
PDiFolco

Bah it looks very minor to me... PLUS YOU DON'T HAVE TO YELL AT US !

(in reply to JHAYES3489)
Post #: 15
RE: Mod wish lists - 6/8/2007 6:59:38 PM   
Traveler

Mods I'd like:  scanners, cheap survailence UAVs, more tactical maps

(in reply to evilferretvictim)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Mods and Tweaks >> Mod wish lists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI