Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/2/2007 5:52:20 PM   
DarthPrincey

I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix?

I have not seen it listed on the Matrix UK site and heard that there is a different publisher for europe.

I really appricate the extra effort Matrix people have gone to with the extra game info on the forums, etc, and had planned to buy game from you guys.

DarthPrincey
Post #: 1
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/2/2007 6:09:17 PM   
Bromley

As far as I could see, it's not in the US store either yet (not even under coming soon).

(in reply to DarthPrincey)
Post #: 2
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/2/2007 6:26:08 PM   
Marc von Martial

Yes, once it is available for sale you can order and will have it shipped from the UK. Just go to our store ( http://www.matrixgames.com/store.asp ) and click the desired region from which to order, then take it from there.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to Bromley)
Post #: 3
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/2/2007 9:55:15 PM   
Erik Rutins

We don't do pre-orders, typically, so look for it to show up in the store on Thursday night around midnight (US Eastern time). Our store covers just about all worldwide currencies and payment methods though, so if you pick the sub-store for the region you are in it should have a lot of familiar payment options. I saw someone ask about PayPal earlier and we do support that as well. You can also pay via bank transfer (though there's a delay for that to confirm payment) and even phone in your order if you prefer not to order online.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 4
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 1:00:39 AM   
owl208

Erik,

Thanks so much to you and all the good people at Matrix. Your customer service is the best and I plan to buy the game Midnight Thursday night from you guys.

I imagine others will do the same-there's a lot of rabid hardcore XCOM fans out there. Is there a download cueing or something cause I got a feeling a lot of people will be looking to DD at that time. I'm mainly asking about what we can expect delay wise downloading outside the speed of our modems

Thanks,

owl208

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 2:35:37 AM   
Erik Rutins

Owl,

Thanks, I'm glad we've been able to help. Our servers have a tremendous amount of capacity and bandwidth. No release to date has come close to maxing out their capacity so I'm not too concerned that this one will. Some folks will always report slow downloads, but every such instance we've investigated to date has come down to an issue between them and our servers on the internet rather than originating at our site. If you have a good pipe through the internet to our location, you should be able to get top speed.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to owl208)
Post #: 6
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 4:14:10 PM   
DarthPrincey

Thanks for info, I will be purchasing from UK site as soon as I get up tomorrow morning.

If I have worked times out correctly realese will be 5am UK time.

DarthPrincey

Post #: 7
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 10:07:51 PM   
DarthPrincey

Hi, just seen the below comment on the developers forum.  Does this mean that you can no longer sell to UK customers?

If you are not selling on the UK site, can I still pruchase and download from the US site if I pay in $'s?

--------------------

Here is latest official word:

Hi Everyone

Here is the final release information on UFO: ET with some important changes. The game will only be available from Matrix Games / Tri Synergy in North America (United States, Canada, Mexico and any U.S. Territories (Puerto Rico, Guam etc.). We are sorry for this late change but we only just recently been made aware of this new restriction from the European publisher. We are sorry for any problems this might have caused our overseas customers.

Matrix will be releasing the game for digital download Friday May 4th at 00:01 A.M. or easier said one minute passed midnight tonight. The Matrix / Tri Synergy release will be using our own serial number system and NOT the Starforce system. Remember this is a large download (1.8 gigs) so anyone downloading it may want to use a download optimizer / download manager. Matrix recommends the free version of StarDownloader. If you are not sure what StarDownloader does it explains it very well on the main page of the web site.

Our Game On Demand version will also be available for at the same time as the digital download version is available. Our Game On Demand version is our boxed product that is shipped from our warehouse and come in a DVD Case with full color sleeve, three CD's with full color labels and a printed manual. The Game On Demand should start shipping around May 18th. Remember if you order a Game On Demand you can download our digital version immediately at the time of your order and start playing right away as your box version wings its way towards you.

Post #: 8
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 10:16:01 PM   
AJ Rimmer Bsc Ssc

like DarthPrincey said ?

Post #: 9
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 10:17:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

Unfortunately, no - the restriction in place will not allow anyone with a billing/shipping address (as I understand it) outside the allowed territories to purchase the game. So ordering through US store to have it shipped to the UK will not work. If you live outside the territories listed in the FAQ post, your best bet is to order it from Paradox.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to AJ Rimmer Bsc Ssc)
Post #: 10
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 11:44:07 PM   
Hertston

A better one would seem to be ordering a US box copy from NWS, which is what I will do. As Paradox seem to be responsible for this mess I'm buggered if I'm sending any money their way.

Post #: 11
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/3/2007 11:54:41 PM   
AJ Rimmer Bsc Ssc

oh well,i have done a long search on Gamersgate,and theres too many unhappy customers for me to go that way.
i guess i`m going to have to get a stateside friend to buy it and airmail it to me.

damn shame...i dont know the whys and why nots of matrix vs paradox,but its an annoyance.
looks like i wont be seeing it for a while yet.

since when did we europeans become the poor cousins who get the dry turkey at christmas

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 12
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/4/2007 12:00:28 AM   
DarthPrincey

I wish I knew someone with a Credit Card with a US billing address, I'd prob take the chance on Matrix not restricting downloads by IP addess.

DarthPrincey

Post #: 13
RE: I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? - 5/4/2007 12:14:38 AM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: AJ Rimmer Bsc Ssc

oh well,i have done a long search on Gamersgate,and theres too many unhappy customers for me to go that way.
i guess i`m going to have to get a stateside friend to buy it and airmail it to me.

damn shame...i dont know the whys and why nots of matrix vs paradox,but its an annoyance.
looks like i wont be seeing it for a while yet.

since when did we europeans become the poor cousins who get the dry turkey at christmas

Ask Paradox... They're Swedes...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> I live in the UK, can I buy game from Matrix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI