Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF - 4/29/2007 11:29:11 PM   
darbymcd

I am playing as the Japanese for the first time. I can't seem to get those Thai airforce reinforcements. I can't build those planes, so I am guessing there are never enough to fill those slots. The groups are sitting on reforming or whatever. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks guys.
Post #: 1
RE: RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF - 4/30/2007 3:04:11 AM   
el cid again

What you can do is upgrade to Japanese aircraft. This has the merit of being historical.
I set things so that replacement aircraft were available (e.g. 9 B-10s) but they will not
ever "cross over" to an Axis unit.

(in reply to darbymcd)
Post #: 2
RE: RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF - 5/4/2007 12:34:31 AM   
darbymcd

I'm a bit confused.  When do I get those replacement planes?  I can't build any of them, and I don't see where I'm getting replacements for them, so the squadrons don't get filled and IIRC never come on board.  Therefore I can't upgrade.  Do I get a one off batch of planes on some date?   But I have to say EOS is the best WITP I have played for two players.  I think I couldn't go back now.

(in reply to darbymcd)
Post #: 3
RE: RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF - 5/4/2007 12:40:50 AM   
el cid again

The problem is structural: no matter that replacement aircraft are in the data files, you will NEVER see them and NEVER be able to use them in an Axis unit. It is hard code.

What you can do - and ALL you can do - is upgrade to a different aircraft - IF Axis it will then replace normally. If I had more plane slots I could make it work - but I don't - yet. We may get them bye and bye I hear.

(in reply to darbymcd)
Post #: 4
RE: RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF - 5/15/2007 9:56:30 AM   
darbymcd

I think I found the problem, the planes are in the allied replacement pool instead of the japanese.  So they never come on the board, and can't be upgraded.
fyi,  there are also several japanese air groups at allied bases at start, Midway and Hawaii which the computer has a bit of a hard time with.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 5
RE: RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF - 5/15/2007 10:10:32 AM   
el cid again

This is all correct and quite deliberate. We cannot unload planes from ships automatically - there is an error in code (lode value of a squadon = 0 so it never unloads - unless manually). I cannot get planes to appear forward any other way. This is only found in EOS - and it is a way to get forward air groups forward.

And yes - the Thai AC are allied - because of lack of slots - so are some others (Vichy). You can upgrade them to Japanese planes and then they will behave normally. Many of these units did end up flying Ki-27, Ki-43, Ki-21, etc. IRL.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 5/15/2007 10:12:46 AM >

(in reply to darbymcd)
Post #: 6
RE: RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF - 5/16/2007 9:07:22 AM   
darbymcd

Ok, thanks for the responses!

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RHS/EOS:help with Thai AF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI