Should be available soon. Please post any comments, difficulties, bugs on the new patch in this subforum.
The two important things to be aware of (reiterated here):
1) this patch is incompatible with old saves. If you wish to finish preexisting games, either wait before installing the patch, or first make a copy of your complete AWD directory (with a typical installation, this would be C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided). You can then run old games from this copied directory, and install the patch which will overwrite files in the original directory.
2) This is a public beta patch. The amount of testing it has received is less than ideal. It should work fine, but I expect prompt reporting of any new bugs should they appear.
Here's the text from the v1.011 readme. Not much new here, you should have seen most of it before.
1) Bug fix - overflow of lines in the Event Log caused random characters at the end of the line.
2) Bug fix - damaged “elite” units did not remain “vet” in the production queue.
3) Bug fix - factories in the production queue advanced even if no production was available.
4) Bug fix - the inability of Russian units to retreat into a frozen zone.
5) Bug fix - Russian units starting in a non-frozen zone were able to tactically move through frozen zones.
6) Bug fix - nonland units in Iraq when the coup occurred would not have been retreated.
7) Bug fix - a couple of load/save issues, with unknown symptoms (one was related to history, maybe it will fix history and replay related problems, but that is unknown).
8) Bug fix - a specific sequence of events could prevent the first Russian penalty from occurring.
9) Bug fix - the “Continue Game?” option did not work after an Axis AV.
10) GUI improvement - the Political Event screen is enhanced. Color coding of events is changed: RED can happen now (prerequisites are satisified), BLACK hasn't happened yet and can't happen right now (could happen later), GREY has already occurred and will not occur again. (Note black and grey are swapped from previously). There is now an explicit indication of the current probability of an event if it is dependent on region ownership (i.e. the Spanish coup).
11) GUI improvement - the Event Log size is increased from 250 lines to 400 lines.
12) Mod-ability improvement - There's a whole slew of new things that are possible in scenario design. The biggest is complete mod-ability of political events, which can actually provide a significant amount of control of the political situation (e.g. they support some basic surrender concepts, intended for [but not limited to] Russia, India and Australia). Effort was made to thoroughly comment the data files so that one can figure out how to use this.
14) Rule change (section 10.7) - the “Iraq Axis coup” event now yields a German militia rather than an Italian militia.
15) Rule clarification (section 10.7) - the “Iraq Axis coup” event yields 1 supply, not 5 supply as stated in the manual.