Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

29 Schedules for PureSim Released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 29 Schedules for PureSim Released Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
29 Schedules for PureSim Released - 4/10/2007 6:12:17 AM   
CrashDavis

Following season schedules are available for PureSim:
1969-1972
1975-1976
1980-1982
1987-2003
2005-2006

(Of course, all other seasons can be had from RetroSheet website).

Used RetroSheet's "Game Logs" material/sources for creating above schedules.

Note: Importing one of these schedules is dependent upon your current association configuration. If you have a 30 team association, then you can't import a schedule based on a 28 team association, etc.

Now, finally, I get to go manage my 1982 Cardinals with the real '82 schedule.

These schedules (and some updated addins) can be found here: CrashDavis Website

< Message edited by CrashDavis -- 4/10/2007 6:14:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 29 Schedules for PureSim Released - 4/11/2007 3:04:49 AM   
dlh55

Thanks for all your hard work, this is greatly appreciated. I've been hoping for updates to the missing years in RetroSheet.

(in reply to CrashDavis)
Post #: 2
RE: 29 Schedules for PureSim Released - 4/11/2007 5:31:22 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Crash, do you know where someone can find pre-made schedules for associations with fewer than the full 30 teams? i.e. for an association with 28 teams? or 20? etc.

I noticed that on your site, you have 1 link for the schedules but I assume that it's for the appropriate number of MLB teams in that respective season. I'm currently playing a fictional association with 26 teams and I would love an MLB-ish schedule for that association. A schedule where there are interleague games and long road or home stretches, not just 3-games here, 3-games there, 3-games here again, etc.

Any ideas what I can do or where I can go?

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to dlh55)
Post #: 3
RE: 29 Schedules for PureSim Released - 4/11/2007 6:06:45 AM   
CrashDavis

quote:

...do you know where someone can find pre-made schedules for associations with fewer than the full 30 teams... where there are interleague games...

No, sorry. I looked all over trying to find some pre-made schedules before settling on doing the missing years myself.
Now, what you could do if so inclined, is to use one of the 28-team schedules and edit it manually to your specification (interleague play and whatever series length you're looking for). Thats the only alternative I'm aware of at the moment for fictional league schedules.

Note: there is a utility program called "schedule generator" that *might* be something you want to consider toying with. I believe it is meant to produce schedules compatible for OOTP, but with some manual editting could be made to work with PureSim. If I recall correctly, the utility allows you to set many options like Interleague play, etc. If you want more info on this I can send you a link to the program. I haven't actually used it, but I do have it somewhere on the hard drive archived.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 4
RE: 29 Schedules for PureSim Released - 4/11/2007 11:31:54 PM   
XCom

Here is the place to go, guys...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=63714

There are tons of pre-made schedules for all kinds of league setups. They are designed for use in OOTP 6.5 but are compatible with Puresim with just a little work.

Hopefully, you will find what you are looking for.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

Crash, do you know where someone can find pre-made schedules for associations with fewer than the full 30 teams? i.e. for an association with 28 teams? or 20? etc.

I noticed that on your site, you have 1 link for the schedules but I assume that it's for the appropriate number of MLB teams in that respective season. I'm currently playing a fictional association with 26 teams and I would love an MLB-ish schedule for that association. A schedule where there are interleague games and long road or home stretches, not just 3-games here, 3-games there, 3-games here again, etc.

Any ideas what I can do or where I can go?

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 29 Schedules for PureSim Released Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI