I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR)

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Gil R.

Greyhunterlp

I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR)

Post by Greyhunterlp »

LATE JULY 1861 (turn 1)
I walked out of the back room reajusting the false beard.
"are you ok mr lincon?" one of the aides asks, "its just we thought we heard a struggle"
"its okay" I reply, a wild animal had got in and the bloody thing wouldn't leave"
"Mr lincon?"
"I mean, A house with rodents in it cannot stand!" there that'll throw them off the sent. "now to the war."

This doesn;t look good, The time machine didn't send me back far enough, and the unions already avanced to fight the battle of manassis. I'd wanted to stop that, but theres nothing I can do about it now. for now I need to start winning this war. then I can prove to those forum goers that I'm the 1337 general I've been bragging I am. I can't wait to see thier faces when I show them how I won the ACW!

I give the aides my orders and walk back into the back room, over the unconsious body of the real abraham lincon. He'd put up a surprisingly good fight, for a politician.

The TAC computer shows me the situation, I only have a few generals at the moment, and my computer hasn't got enough about them to know how they'll fair. so i have to go on past experiances - this is leaveing me with a lot of questionmarks. dam cheap 22nd century equipment. all i know is that I'll have to get rid of McDowell. and it looks like McClellan is my best bet as of now.
I give the order to retreat from the battle, I know that the union army can't stand without generals to lead it, and I haven't got time to replace them. I'll give orders for as many units as possible to move towards the units in washington, and order the formation of two corps and a divison.
the west looks a lot nicer though, and I move units west of kentuky. they can engage the rebs there later in the year when I have them armed and lead. I notice that kentuky is still nutral - I must do something about that - the idea of organizing a war without any fried chicken is not a prospect I'm willing to face.

next I greese the wheels of international diplomacy. I spred the wealth evenly for now, I'll change that when I see which way the euros are leaning.

lastly theres the building, I order several horse farms, and start resarch institutions into weaponry and engineering. I also order a mint into prodcuton. you can never have to much money and I need to change the face on the coins to match mine a little better. I may need to do something about this beard, its really itchy.

with nothing left I can do. I set about hiding Lincons postrate body and imagining the glory this will gain me when I return to my time!.

Where I Go, Chaos Follows
Erik Rutins

RE: I'll show them. (A slighty unhinged AAR)

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter
with nothing left I can do. I set about hiding Lincons postrate body and imagining the glory this will gain me when I return to my time!.

Hehe, I think I'm going to enjoy this one...
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

EARLY AUGUST (turn 2)

I had just finished building the false wall on the cuboard where I'm storing President lincon when an aide rushed in with the first reports from the front.

DAMNATION! A surprise attack at mannasus prevents the withdrawal of the army, they have to fight their way out, taking losses I can scarcly afford.
Although the troops themselves fought well, its apparent that I'll need to replace the so called generals as soon as I can! Although at least the divisonal commanders are in place now, I just need to pick the best army commander, I'll send for him as soon as i'm done here. I've already bribed one of the governers by appointing his son to an amry position - with the officer corps as they stand, no one will notice another idicotic upper class moron hanging around. although i have ordered Grant and Sherman promoted to generals, so i may have some useful talent soon, if my time machine hasn't messed up local timespace to much.
the computer tells me what the battle already has, that McDowell is a poor commander. well duh, he can't even run away without getting 4000 men killed! I must keep an eye on fremont, he's managed to perform some training, men like that may be useful.

now, to call up my next army commander and invite him to the whitehouse to recieve his "commision" [:D]
General Quarters

Post by General Quarters »

Looks like you've got a pretty good McClellan there!
sirduke_slith

Post by sirduke_slith »

I wouldn't put to much faith in Fremont his ability to command is limited to say the least.  (my opinion only)
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

LATE AUGUST (turn 3)

Not much happing at the moment, both sides are trying to arm up I think. The british seem to be getting cozy with the rebs, so of course french support swings towards me. The main point of interest to me is the promotion of six new generals. as I'm now going to "promote" one of them to command the army. unfortunatly none of them are outstanding, so I call McClellan into my office.
I invite him into the back room, when he walks in I show him to the cubord, and past the false wall. his eyes nearly pop out of his head when he sees lincon caged, but before he can react I cosh him over the head. half an hour later "McClellan" walks out, I wander around washington for a bit giving orders, then nip back into the whitehouse through a window and change back to my lincon disguise. I order one of the new corps to washington and part fill it. I order another two divisions.

I then take a trip across to the east, after demoting fremont to corp commander to allow McClellans replacement, I send the second corp over there and place three divisons in it. then I spend money making sure every unit has at least muskets, buying heavily from the europeans - when the arsnals I ordered come on line i can sort that, but for now I want everyone equipped the best I can. I'm going to hit price as soon as the corps is formed up, maybe a victory will encorage people to like me more.

As for construction, I order a mine and some more horse farms, as their what are limiting my expansion so far. I also order a telegraph in washington, if i've going to be running up and down this country, then I'm going to need a good communcations grid to support me.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

EARLY SEPTEMBER (TURN 4)

more generals join the cause, and europe seems to be hedging its bets. the main worry is that the govener of Deleware seems a mite upset, I may have to replace him, but if it gets to the point that I have to replace ALL the governers, then I will have no time to fight the war! for now I'm going to have to try and appease him.

It seems he wants a War collage. Its just as well I see research as a way of winning the war, and I'm flush on money. He gets what he wants, I hope this doesn't bring all the others to my door, beggers caps in hand.

Apart form that, I try to set the 2nd corp up in the west, and ship most of the new generals out there. In the east i demote butler from his corps command and replace him with Haupt, who looks to be a great general.

I would replace McCellan, but I can't risk enough disgusie so soon, and I would be unable to relase him from the closet, so he would have to "resgin" so I'm stuck with him as Army commander for the time being.

More building of the infrastructure with a factory, a mint and a hosptial in Albany, to try and heal the wounded of the west. I'm going to need some replacement camps soon, but all my horses are going to army units to organise my forces. as soon as i have any spare I'll get onto that, I also need to think about artillary soon, or the Rebs may get an advantage that will cost me.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

LATE SEPTEMBER (TURN 5)

I've been here Ten weeks now, and people are finally starting to forget that my beard looks like its been stuck on, although some are commenting on the simularity between the president and the general in charge of the army. No matter though, That will soon be forgotten when I bring Victory!
[/img]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3893/reportt5fs4.jpg[/img]
Looks like Butler Didn't like being replaced, and has stormed off in a huff. shame to loose an acceptable general, but Haupt was the better man for the job. The first of my grand building project comes on line, meaning more horses and better communications around Washington. Europes still sending gifts to the rebs, so its time to up the diplomacy against them.

I haev money to burn at the moment, so I'm throwing it against them. If they keep sending technology south, It could be a problem.

In the East I order up a second corp, and attempt to muster three brigades. I'll try and recruit them later on, but for now I want to up the manpower a bit, the spys are telling em that the AnV numbers 63k, and my forces number 107 thousand. although at the moment I have no doubt that the south is better lead and has better moral, If they want to attack me, then fine, but i'm not pushing until I can get more rifles to replace the muskets I've been forced to issue.

The West however, is more promising.

Prices 15 thousand confederates will soon be facing up to at least 28 thousand boys in blue under the command of Freemont, and if they can get their act together, the 8k under Burnside should be able to join in, even with the souths advantages in men, 2-1 odds should allow me to at least chance a victory. but at this stage I need to test their mettal in an engagement. If they break easily then I can begin to cut up the east, if my men shatter then it may be time to invite Freemont to the whitehouse and then renforce the west.

Now the only thing to do is wait.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: savedbythrbell
I wouldn't put to much faith in Fremont his ability to command is limited to say the least.  (my opinion only)

With random/hidden stats though, he could be the next Grant!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

The 1st battle of Osage begins.

Another Disaster! Burnside advances before Freemont and is engaged! he calls for support, but can They get there before that heavily outnumbered glory seeker with the strange hairstyle gets all his ment butchered?

Luckly For me, The Rebels don't seem to realise this, and I'm able to move all my men to the fron in time for nightfall. the next morning they march forth to engage.

First contact shows us that this is the western army we're facing, although its a division in reality, it may still be enough for my force.

As the battle draws on, its clear that my moral is to low to do much to win, when I'm flanked the dreaded yellow and red squares cover my entire army for two turns, destroying there moral, although I am able to hold on and capture a supply train - then the confederate calvery captures mine!

the battle is soon over, with my forces put to rout. but its not as bad as it seems, with my forces causing slightly more casualties than the took, I plan to hit them again as soon as possible, this time with a few more weapon upgrades and before they can make good the losses. this may be Attrition, but it will work, as long as no sizable renforcements are shifted that way.

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

EARLY OCTOBER 1861 [Turn 6]

Okay. looks like my generals have been busy, lots of new abilities, and all my musters were successful - one of which raises me a Legendary unit, Berdans Sharpshooters. who I ship off to 2nd Corp in the West - They are a powerful unit at this stage of the war, so i want them where the action is.

A quick look at the East now gives me 110K men, but worryingly they only seem to be faceing off against 24,000 confederates. somewhere in the last two weeks, while my attention has been on the West, nearly 40,000 soldiers have vanished from the front lines! I'm told this result is poor, so it may be that their being well hidden, or they may be being shipped off to the west, to destroy Freemont and his forces, or it may be a trap, with the bulk of his forces hiding behind the lines as renforcements. I'll wait a while to see whats happenig here. I don't want to get my forces mashed up before the infrastructure is sorted.

In the west I send fremont in alone this time. I feel that his rushing to the front, and the state of his men was one of the reasons that they suffered last time. So this time Burnside can come arunning. on that point Burnsides divison receives a memmo that they are now called the "Fools Rush In" divison. or FRI (pronoced "fry") and a special flag, the dunces hat.

I order some more Mints built, and a traning ground in New york. and wander off to feed Lincon and McClellen. They have been using some very foul language recently, and I never knew that the Gettsyburg address started life as a way of cursing ones mother. he really put some work into that one in the next couple of years.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

LATE SEPTEMBER 1861 (Turn 7)

Looks like Freemont wasn't able to get moving to engage the rebs. My research buildings come online and low level disease strikes the troops defending washington. Diplomacy wise its been a good two weeks, with all of the major powers moving away from the Conferacy - they are realsing just what sort of powerhouse is in charge of the union now! - either that or its something to do with the vast amounts of money being sent their way. either way, the result is good. money the confederacy spends in a diplomatic war is money its not spending in the real one.

In the East I set up 3rd corp with Buell in command. I'll move them into the main army soon, but I want to wait for them to get set up first. and winter is almost upon us, a time to sit back and build rather than attack.

That said, its not winter yet. the 4th corp and the last of the formed divsions is moved, and Burnside is put into command, hes given the order to cut the rebs supply lines and chances of escape, while Freemont attempts to advance again.

I order a signal tower system built along the ptomic, and notice that the 40,000 confederates are back. so whatever dance they were doing has finshed. I order Rosencrance to continue to roam north vaginia capturing the undefended areas. maybe he'll bait the AoNV out of its hole.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

EARLY OCTOBER 1861 (TURN 8)

Winter is all but upon us, So little to report, Freemont is still sitting on his hands, So i invite him to the white house. on quick trip to the closet later and I have a new disguise. although the whole running back and forth between the sides will be troublesome, so I set up FREEBOT to stand in for me.

More infrastructure comes on line. and i decide to lower the supply for the army, sending them to winter quarters. apart from Freemont who I order to advance again, In have one more chance I think before i have to let them lie for the winter.

To placeate one of my governers, I give them what he wanta, a Training ground for Robinson in Kansas. I put a camp into New York and a Foundry into Harrisberg, hopefully I can begin to produce artillary over the winter, and replacements are worrying me, at just over 500 men a week, any major battle will take weeks to recover from.

I go to build a new cage for Freemont and listen to the reports coming in. I must do something about Lincons wife, shes very plain and I wonder how much trouble I will get in for bringing in some mistresses.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

2nd Battle of Osarge.

Looks like Freebot is more on his toes than the original ever was, and the 2nd Corp moves onto the attack.

Not a good start, but with 3-1 numbers I might still be able to pull this off. and as the aim was attrition, it should still work in my favour.

A nice close deployment allows me to advance in order, then redeploy a divsion to each flank with the 14th Div taking the centre. a garrison in the fortress rushes out to engage, only to fall under the guns of Berdon's Sharpshooters. THIS is the reason that they were sent west.

the Garrison promtly surrenders after only a single volley each from two brigades. My forces then advance until they make contact with the enemy. right between the 14th and the Illonois Volunteers.

The Rebs hit the Volunteers hard, breaking them up with gunfire and charges. The department of the west is once again mired in the red and yellow of being flanked, so I will need to move them rapidly. the 14th Div can swing from the north and hopefully hit the CSA hard.

The battle becomes a sprawling affair, with units breaking quickly but some being rallied. but the end is the same as the 1st battle, with my men breaking and fleeing. the lack of ammunition is the deciding factor, but once more, they loose slightly more men that I do, so the battle is a phirric victory for the union. although i doubt that I will be able to attempt again before spring.

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

LATE NOVEMBER 1861 (turn 9)

Ahh the smell of diplomatic victory, more loss of support for the Confedaracy. and a nice boost in knowlage about my generals.

When checking the fleets I discover two brigades on the ships! why had no-one told me about this?! they are quickly unloaded and moved to the army in washington. i then order up another fleet. the confedarcy has no navy, so I can spread my ships out in blockades and try and starve them out! if they waste money on ships, I can recombine the navy and smash them, the return to the blockade. I also Order the training of another brigade.

I Finish off the week with the report that we have trained our men for recon work. this should help with the battle.

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Early December (turn 10)

Again not much to report. the camp should help replace my losses a little quicker, the mints should allow more money to flow and the war college should get us on track with the who war thingy.

there was a bit of training, and a bad couple of weeks for european diplomacy. maybe calling the french "smelly" wasn't my best move, but it seems to have helped with the British!

I finally have the funds and Iron to order up an artillary formation. which should be coming online in early april. I order another training groudn in albany and continue to arm up the west with mini rifles. the difference between them and the springfeilds is not enough to warrent the extra cost of the springfeilds.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Late December 1861. (TURN 11)

Winter is in full grip, but I decide to change tactics in the West. this winter is giving the Western Army of the Confedarcy time to rebuild its numbers, so I'm going to try and cut them off from the rest of the confedaracy.

I do not expect this to work the first time I give the orders, but there is a chance those troops can get into place by summer. when I can assault the rebs and wear them down again.
I also Buy a second Artillary brigade attachment for the 32nd infantry turning them into another much needed artillary unit. I know I'll take a hit for this, but i'm hoping that i can get them back into shape fairly quickly.

a quick look at the eastern army shows that they are not looking to shabby now, and i can most liky try a few small level engagements there in the spring. I'll try and wait until the artillary is ready, and a few more brigades are attached. but I want to test the reported 80,000 confederates with my 110,000 Union in the area. although I'm hoping for a few more upgrades before then.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Early January 1862. (Turn 12)

Ahh, a new yeah, I opened the windows to the holding area so my guests could watch the fireworks, then had to shut them as lincon made a run for freedom. oh well, back to work I suppose.

The second foundry and other buildings are finished, but there are some "disease" losses in the 3rd Corp in cumberland. to much booze and loose women! something must be done about this. maybe a "drink a whore responisbly" campain, with buttons and a celebrity endorsement. Again there seems to have been a lot of training, so I can't complain to much, and the 2nd and 4th corps moved to the first stage of cutting off the army of the west. so a good two weeks all around.

I give the order for the 2nd corp to continue to cut the rebs off, and upgrade the new "Lincon Battery" to nepoleans. (Jefferson Davis has a battery named after him, so why Can't I?) I also order up another camp in New york.
Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

Late January(Turn 13)

Ahh improved springfeilds, only two weeks BEHIND THE CONFEDERACY. get me the heads of the research department! This will not stand! I must step up weapons research!

More training, more support from Europe, but no compleation of the encirclment. I resend the orders. A quick check of the AoNV brings shocking news

20,000 new soldiers? and the report is good, so I'm willing to belive it. I need to go on a recruting drive! the posters with "abe Lincon needs you" go up all over the country. but as i'm a realist i also order the training of two new brigades and call for a muster in all loyal states. at 80% chance in 5 provinces, I should get 3 brigades for 9,000 men, evening up the score a little, even if i do deploy some or all of those men to the west.

Greyhunterlp

Post by Greyhunterlp »

EARLY FEBUARY (turn 14)

Ahh, hasty entrenchments, otherwise known as sending the troops spades. but hey, its the thought that counts. The Naval boys figure out how to make repairs at sea, not much use without anyone to damage them, but things may change.

The muster gets the expected 3 brigades, one of them being a legandry unit. and another camp provides much needed replacements to the army. I order up another training ground, mint and factory. and equipt the new regiments with guns.

Return to “After Action Reports”