[Deleted]

Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare is the result of decades of development and fan support, resulting in the most comprehensive, realistic, and accurate simulation of modern combined air and naval operations available to the gaming public. New features include, multiplayer support, third party databases, scenario editors, and OVER 300 pre-built scenarios!

Moderator: Harpoon 3

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Flankerk

RE: What Projection Do You Use in the Scenario Editor?

Post by Flankerk »

Primarily mercator here.

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.
FreekS

Post by FreekS »

I've used all of them. Used North Polar for my "Arctic" scen; as planes do not follow straight lines in it due to curvature of earth its actually quite nice. Only issue is that you HAVE to make sure that units cannot fly off the map and generate an error related to inability to get weather data.
FransKoenz

Post by FransKoenz »

ORIGINAL: FreekS

I've used all of them. Used North Polar for my "Arctic" scen; as planes do not follow straight lines in it due to curvature of earth its actually quite nice. Only issue is that you HAVE to make sure that units cannot fly off the map and generate an error related to inability to get weather data.

I have played Your "ARTIC" scenario for a while. Your choice to use this mode is understandable, but I was a bit confused, because I always use cilindral/mercator mode to be able to see where I am.

ARTIC is available on the PlayersDB Scenario-Depot:

ImageOrders for USA
ImageOrders for Canada
ImageOrders for Russia

[Click on the little flag to read orders, click on the Disc to download scenario......]

Have fun![;)]

FreekS

Post by FreekS »

Imagine the confusion I had on myself trying to progtram Time on Target for planes taking curved paths!!

Anyway that confusion was the strength of the projection for me; of course the Map came out with Canada 'sideways' which looks a bit weird.

Freek
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

I think I've used all of them.
PaulN

Post by PaulN »

Damned Editor. .. Once I got into it , I spent so much time researching, designing and creating ONE scenario , then play testing it , then trying to figure out would you guys all actually like my scenario or not , then making it harder because your all so darn proficient as Naval Commanders , then thinking up all the coolest names for my New Scenario .....I realised I had forgotton to actually play and enjoy my long awaited return to Harpoon.

It was such a learning curve for a beginner , I've had to stop for a break on some car racing & flight siming for a while.

.but my first scenario is almost ready for public testing and will be known as "Tindal Tigers" , after the Australian Hornet Squadron, the 2nd Operation Combat Unit (Tiger tail markings) , part of 78th Wing , based at Williamtown but appearing at Tindal Airforce Base at Kathrine , Northern Territory to play chess with some Su-30MKI Flankers from Indonesia. (and yes there are two Navies in the scenario as well ..... in fact the whole OOB ;))

Tiger attack helicopters are also included as part of an amphibious assult. Maybe this scenario will be too big ..... you've all got 1 or 2Gb RAM yes ? hmmm should it become 3-4 smaller scenarios ? How to model a campaign , and it goes on and on....Damned Editor.
danrhayes

Post by danrhayes »

ORIGINAL: PaulN

.but my first scenario is almost ready for public testing and will be known as "Tindal Tigers" , after the Australian Hornet Squadron, the 2nd Operation Combat Unit (Tiger tail markings) , part of 78th Wing , based at Williamtown but appearing at Tindal Airforce Base at Kathrine , Northern Territory to play chess with some Su-30MKI Flankers from Indonesia. (and yes there are two Navies in the scenario as well ..... in fact the whole OOB ;))

Actually Paul 2OCU is the Operational Conversion Unit. Responsible for taking the pilots from LIFT training in the Hawks with 76 Sqn and turning them into Hornet pilots.

Daniel
PaulN

Post by PaulN »

3 points to Dan.  Conversion, Combat , same thing , can use the Hawks in the scenario as well.  OCU , i thought "Combat" sounder better than conversion , but i dont run the show.  still Tindal Tigers has a ring to it eh
BurntFingers

Post by BurntFingers »

So far Mecator... when I design a scenario further North than 45 I'll use Cassini. [:)]
I don't work here. I just collect the glasses to get a beer quicker.

Return to “Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare”