Matrix Games Forums

Distant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of Nations
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VISTA and Compatibility

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> VISTA and Compatibility Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VISTA and Compatibility - 3/21/2007 11:33:29 PM   
bpilot

How does Windows VISTA affect the use of Matrix games? Is there a list of games compatible or uncompatible? Are there any fixes or patches?
I am about to buy a new computer and am wondering if I should try to buy one with XP or go with VISTA.
Post #: 1
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 3/22/2007 1:28:59 AM   
RedDevil1

it would be great if any games listed for vista compatibility make it over to this forum where a dedicated listing of ALL vista ready games is being created slowly as we find them.

VISTA READY GAMES

Dell XPS410, Intel Core 2: 2.13Mhz, 4GB RAM, VISTA, Geforce7900GS 256MB, Ageia physX card, 250 GB HDD, 300GB HDD

(in reply to bpilot)
Post #: 2
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 3/22/2007 11:49:50 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: bpilot
How does Windows VISTA affect the use of Matrix games?

IIRC Erik Rutins has posted somewhere they're working on testing them all and providing a complete list.

FWIW : Conquest of the Aegean was fully tested on Vista and no problems were encountered.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to bpilot)
Post #: 3
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 3/23/2007 2:52:22 PM   
parusski

I have been using VISTA for 9 months and I am happy with it. So far I have no problem running the following games: Forge of Freedom, SPWAW, TOAWIII, Close Combat-Cross of Iron. As for other games I have not the the chance to test yet. Good luck.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 4
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 3/26/2007 8:57:08 PM   
SireChaos

Speaking of VISTA and games... if I buy vista, should I go with the Home Premium version or is Home Basic enough?

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 3/26/2007 11:19:30 PM   
Karegeannes

Hi all,
Any word on Kursun Pocket working on any Vista machine yet? I tried it on mine, and it's a "no-go" I miss playing!
Jason

Jason Karegeaanes

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 6
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 4/10/2007 7:46:06 PM   
tanksone

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

I have been using VISTA for 9 months and I am happy with it. So far I have no problem running the following games: Forge of Freedom, SPWAW, TOAWIII, Close Combat-Cross of Iron. As for other games I have not the the chance to test yet. Good luck.

Hi, add Witp to the list. I haven't had a problem with running Witp on Vista.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 7
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 4/11/2007 11:50:18 PM   
parusski

I need to update the games I have played with VISTA.
TOAW III
CC-COI
SPWAW
Forge of Freedom
WITP
Korsun Pocket
BIN
GGWAW

I have been using VISTA for 10 months and find it much more stable than XP. I give it a big thumbs up.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to bpilot)
Post #: 8
RE: VISTA and Compatibility - 5/9/2007 8:32:53 AM   
Badcat

If you're upgrading make sure you do it from windows xp. Vista doesn't do a clean install with the uprade as the XP upgrade was able too. Basic or premium, I think premium offers more features and has better protection. I'm kinda on the fence right now since it only took me two weeks to finally get it installed. Problem was the firmware with the CDROM player. If you do upgrade get a new cdrom for the installation will save you alot of agravation later.

Wayne

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> VISTA and Compatibility Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI