Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Container Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Container Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Container Problems - 3/19/2007 8:58:17 PM   
Greyhunterlp

I'm having some problems getting my armies sorted, mainly becuase i can't get half the bridgaes in it into corps. i can build the corps and move them into the army, and assign generals, but i can't move any Divisons into them. as you can guess this is buggering up my defensive plans. and i was wonderin if anyone else has had this problem.

EDIT - I think i should mention that i sent one of the corps to the west and i could fill it there, but nothing happening on the eastern front.

< Message edited by Grey Hunter -- 3/19/2007 8:59:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Container Problems - 3/19/2007 9:44:22 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

I'm having some problems getting my armies sorted, mainly becuase i can't get half the bridgaes in it into corps. i can build the corps and move them into the army, and assign generals, but i can't move any Divisons into them. as you can guess this is buggering up my defensive plans. and i was wonderin if anyone else has had this problem.

EDIT - I think i should mention that i sent one of the corps to the west and i could fill it there, but nothing happening on the eastern front.

Did you check to ensure that you are not exceeding the container limits?

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 2
RE: Container Problems - 3/19/2007 9:47:56 PM   
Greyhunterlp

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack
Did you check to ensure that you are not exceeding the container limits?

Unless the container limits are 0 then i'm not. nothing will go into the container at all

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 3
RE: Container Problems - 3/19/2007 11:23:02 PM   
Curious

I think that I've had the same kind of problem. I moved an empty corps into an army that already contained a corps which had divisions in it. I wasn't allowed to move any divisions from the "old" corps into the "new" corps. I had to move the empty corps to an adjacent area and take the divisions out of the original army/corps and move them into the adjacent area and put them in the empty corps and then move that corps back into the area with the army. Then I could put the corps that I had just filled in an adjacent area into the army. Not a very efficient way to reorganize an army.

And I'm not even messing with generals yet.

CB

< Message edited by Curious -- 3/19/2007 11:24:29 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 3:01:20 AM   
christof139

quote:

I think that I've had the same kind of problem. I moved an empty corps into an army that already contained a corps which had divisions in it. I wasn't allowed to move any divisions from the "old" corps into the "new" corps. I had to move the empty corps to an adjacent area and take the divisions out of the original army/corps and move them into the adjacent area and put them in the empty corps and then move that corps back into the area with the army. Then I could put the corps that I had just filled in an adjacent area into the army. Not a very efficient way to reorganize an army.

And I'm not even messing with generals yet.

CB

Hi, That is happening to me also. I can't even move Brigades around sometimes from one container to another container that does not have the maximum number of Brigades in it. Might be a glitch/bug, as this happens with Brigades just moving into the province and with Brigades that are already in the province and containers. Sometimes I leave the container screen, close it, and then reopen the container and then sometimes I can make the Brigade transfers.

Also, I get a little 'Info ...' type box attached to the pointer and I think the pointer changes to a pointing finger. I will have yo record this and post here about this.

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 5
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 4:26:25 AM   
Gil R.

Hmm. One of the changes we made late in beta involved a UI glitch that occurred when moving brigades into a province with a container and adding them to that container. Maybe fixing that created a new problem that went undetected. Eric will have to see if he can duplicate this.

I take it you guys are 100% certain that you're clicking the right way? (I have to ask.)

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 6
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 7:08:03 AM   
Curious

I highlight the division that I want to move and then move the cursor over the corps. If I can transfer the division to that corps the cursor turns into a downward pointing arrow -- if not the cursor doesn't change. If I get the downward pointing arrow then I hit the left mouse button and the division is transfered. That's what I've been doing. The cursor doesn't always change when it would seem that it should when the corps is not fully loaded (or completely empty).

CB

< Message edited by Curious -- 3/20/2007 7:32:47 AM >

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 8:03:14 AM   
FirstPappy

Along these same lines, I've noticed a few times that if I have 2 divisions in the same province and the first one is at max but the second one isn't, you can't drop a brigade into the stack from the map view. However, if you remove a brigade from the first division and place it in the second division, you can then put the brigade into the stack from the map view. I can't remember if the divisions were within a corps or not. After both divisions are full, I've had no problem rearranging them.

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 8
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 11:46:40 AM   
Arkady

Did you try click even if cursor doesn't change and you are sure that there is a room for unit?

Sometimes cursor doesn't change for me when assigning generals to containers but if I click on container's name he is transfered anyway...

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 9
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 12:03:39 PM   
BigJ62

It appears that the game is tracking the cursor for both the map and dialog simultaneously. Is there a way to exclude the map tracking function while the cursor is above the dialog?

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to Arkady)
Post #: 10
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 2:33:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just to be sure, can you post a screenshot for us of the entire container structure that you're unable to add into?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to BigJ62)
Post #: 11
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 7:59:07 PM   
Greyhunterlp

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8233/armybugyl1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

As you can see the corp outside of the army has troops in it, but i can't put any more into it inside the army.
(you can also see how badly i'm loosing, but that another matter) I also can't put the 1st corp into the army, but i have just been able to move the 3rd corp out, put units into it and then move it back into the army.

just weird. I'll keep a save for if you need it.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 12
RE: Container Problems - 3/20/2007 8:36:03 PM   
Gil R.

I'm away from home so I can't check specifics, but it looks to me like this is simply a matter of an army being able to hold that many divisions w/brigades plus a full corps. Somewhere in the manual it says what the limits are. It doesn't look like a bug, though I might be missing something.

Try taking one or two divisions out of the army -- the corps should go in nicely, and it might even accept more brigades.

Post #: 13
RE: Container Problems - 3/21/2007 7:06:31 AM   
christof139

quote:

I'm away from home so I can't check specifics, but it looks to me like this is simply a matter of an army being able to hold that many divisions w/brigades plus a full corps. Somewhere in the manual it says what the limits are. It doesn't look like a bug, though I might be missing something.

Try taking one or two divisions out of the army -- the corps should go in nicely, and it might even accept more brigades.

You may very well be right. Although I think I moved brigades attached directly to a Corps out of the Corps, and still couldn't max out a Division in that same Corps to 6 Bdes.

Have to try this tonight some more, and try and find the limit of Brigades within a Corps. I think it might be 12 or 18, but am not sure.

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Container Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI