Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Force Pool Keeps changing? And Unit speed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Force Pool Keeps changing? And Unit speed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Force Pool Keeps changing? And Unit speed. - 3/8/2007 5:57:07 PM   
Axis123uk

Hi,

Probably a stupid question but i cant find an answer. I have COI and the Real Infantry Mod as i like using just Infantry. When i select a Historic Battle and look at say the Support in the Force pool sometimes i see the AT Guns then if i go back out sand go back in they are gone and same with all battles. Is the forces pool a random slection of what you can use?

Also adding to this In the Force Pool Information when you click on say Recon Scouts its says they are the most mobile but if you choose them and say light infantry and a sharp shooter line them all up and move fast to a specific destination they all get there the same time or Infantry quicker than Scouts? Therefore why would i choose the scouts at all?

Although it does say most mobile so is there a difference between speed and mobility?

Just wondered if anyone could answwer these as regarding the speed the AT guns move really slow so there is a diffenrece in speed of different troops yet not for all the infantry????

Thanks,

Andy

< Message edited by Axis123uk -- 3/8/2007 6:40:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Force Pool Keeps changing? And Unit speed. - 3/9/2007 12:20:51 AM   
Comrade_Blabsky

The historic battles are not changed for the Real Infantry mod use. You should design custom scenarios and campaigns for Real Infantry.

There is some random force availability. Each team is rated in the teams files for availability for different time periods; basically the higher the rating the more chance of random availability. This is also affected by rank and game difficulty settings.

Recon scouts are effective because the small number of soldiers in the team make cover and concealment easier, and usually the light weapons scouts carry make them the fastest units. Snipers are as fast, but they cannot capture VL's. A light infantry team may also be as fast, but race your scouts against an engineer squad armed with a flamethrower and you will see a difference with the heavy weapons crew.

As for the guns, some are completely immobile. Others can move, but gun movement is not easy.

And remember: no stupid questions, only stupid people who cut me off in traffic!

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 2
RE: Force Pool Keeps changing? And Unit speed. - 3/9/2007 1:58:14 PM   
Axis123uk

Absolutly brilliant reply!

Yeah thanks for the back up with the no stupid questions. Theres no begineers questions section to put all mine in.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

(in reply to Comrade_Blabsky)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Force Pool Keeps changing? And Unit speed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI