Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Control over bridges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battlefront >> Control over bridges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Control over bridges - 3/2/2007 2:27:40 PM   
rocketboy

I'm a bit confused when it comes to bridges, control over and combat across them. First of all, using F12 is supposed to show friendly contol in yellow and enemy control in red. At the end of the Market Garden scenario, I was in firm control over both Eindhoven and Nijmegen (no enemy units in sight) and just south of Arnhem bridge (trying to fight my way across, but getting the "no-go" icon). However, all those bridges came up red upon hitting F12. Why is this so? Is it because those are major bridges? So, what decides control over a bridge.? Is it the side that first holds either bridge-hex, is it the side with the highest attack strength or what is it? Is it also so, that trying to do combat across an enemy controlled bridge-hex (red) results in the no-go icon (like Arnhem bridge above), or is there some other reason for this?
Post #: 1
RE: Control over bridges - 3/5/2007 6:53:20 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: rocketboy

I'm a bit confused when it comes to bridges, control over and combat across them. First of all, using F12 is supposed to show friendly contol in yellow and enemy control in red. At the end of the Market Garden scenario, I was in firm control over both Eindhoven and Nijmegen (no enemy units in sight) and just south of Arnhem bridge (trying to fight my way across, but getting the "no-go" icon). However, all those bridges came up red upon hitting F12. Why is this so? Is it because those are major bridges? So, what decides control over a bridge.? Is it the side that first holds either bridge-hex, is it the side with the highest attack strength or what is it? Is it also so, that trying to do combat across an enemy controlled bridge-hex (red) results in the no-go icon (like Arnhem bridge above), or is there some other reason for this?

The f12 key is now showing the demolition status of the bridge. That is the chance that you can blow it up, Market Garden being the obvious example.

If the whole bridge is coloured red then it can’t be blown up by units like engineers.
If it can be blown on a 5+ then it has a red keyline
If it can be blown on a 4+ it has a yellow keyline
If it it can be blown on a 1 (autoblow), 2 or 3 it has a green keyline

Some units may have a bonus to their bridge blowing chances, but the f12 key just shows the standard chances.

Gregor

< Message edited by Gregor_SSG -- 3/5/2007 7:13:00 AM >

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to rocketboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Control over bridges - 3/5/2007 5:52:06 PM   
BlackSunshine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: rocketboy

The f12 key is now showing the demolition status of the bridge. That is the chance that you can blow it up, Market Garden being the obvious example.

If the whole bridge is coloured red then it can’t be blown up by units like engineers.
If it can be blown on a 5+ then it has a red keyline
If it can be blown on a 4+ it has a yellow keyline
If it it can be blown on a 1 (autoblow), 2 or 3 it has a green keyline

Some units may have a bonus to their bridge blowing chances, but the f12 key just shows the standard chances.

Gregor

Are any other hotkeys different than what the manual states?

(in reply to Gregor_SSG)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battlefront >> Control over bridges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI