Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/1/2007 8:57:08 PM   
boudi

Hello,

Another one question.

I'm playing a PBEM game, with advanced rules. Today, i opened my opponent's file, and i was surprised to see that i must playing my turn with standard rules, so right click with the mouse does'nt open the menu, and my supply was at level 25 everywhere in the map, whereas i had a lot of level 6 during the previous turn. I don't know why, but i think that is because i opened my opponent'file whereas my general setting TOAWIII was with standard rules (1st menu when i launch my game).

If so, i'm surpised that a PBEM file can be opened with differents rules that those from the beginning of the game. Does my opponent can playing his turns with standard rules, whereas me I played with advanced rules ?

Strange, no ?

Thanks by advance.
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/1/2007 11:20:56 PM   
ralphtrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: boudi

Hello,

Another one question.

I'm playing a PBEM game, with advanced rules. Today, i opened my opponent's file, and i was surprised to see that i must playing my turn with standard rules, so right click with the mouse does'nt open the menu, and my supply was at level 25 everywhere in the map, whereas i had a lot of level 6 during the previous turn. I don't know why, but i think that is because i opened my opponent'file whereas my general setting TOAWIII was with standard rules (1st menu when i launch my game).

If so, i'm surpised that a PBEM file can be opened with differents rules that those from the beginning of the game. Does my opponent can playing his turns with standard rules, whereas me I played with advanced rules ?

Strange, no ?

Thanks by advance.

That shouldn't happen. Can you ask him if that happened to him too, and ask him to send you another copy in case the last one it got corrupted?

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/2/2007 1:01:02 AM   
boudi

Yes, i can do it. I'll ask him if he play with TOAWIII, or an older version from Talonsoft, like TOAW-COW.
If you want, i can put the file on a server for download, and give you my player password, if you want to see the problem.

(in reply to ralphtrick)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/2/2007 1:35:27 AM   
ralphtrick

quote:

Yes, i can do it. I'll ask him if he play with TOAWIII, or an older version from Talonsoft, like TOAW-COW.
If you want, i can put the file on a server for download, and give you my player password, if you want to see the problem.

Can you forward the .pbl file he sent you to ralphtrickey (at) hotmail (dot) com?

You might ask him to do a help about and see what version he's running, just to make sure.

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/3/2007 10:03:54 AM   
boudi

(in reply to ralphtrick)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/3/2007 5:10:21 PM   
ralphtrick

Thanks! I'd reccomend not doing that and playing with advanced rules.

I'll look into what's going on with that.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
---

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 6
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/3/2007 10:34:50 PM   
boudi

Thanks !

I'm going now to send my file at my opponent, played with advanced rules, and be sure that North Korea will be the winner !!!

And after, i'm going to read the 160 pages of the War Plan Orange manual, with my bad english, i need all the March month for understand...

(in reply to ralphtrick)
Post #: 7
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/12/2007 5:17:20 PM   
boudi

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

Some news ?

(in reply to ralphtrick)
Post #: 8
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/13/2007 8:14:47 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick

Some news ?

Unfortunately, the fix for this will need to wait for the next patch.

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 9
RE: PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. - 3/16/2007 12:46:25 PM   
boudi

Thank you very much.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> PBEM : playing with standard or advanced rules. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI