Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/14/2007 10:31:36 AM   
Alex Fiedler

Matrix Games hands off a new update for their football management sim. Rex Grossman patch not included.

Matrix Games and Wintervalley Software (www.wintervalley.com) are excited to announce that they have released a new update for their football management simulation, Maximum-Football. This hefty new update brings dozens of updates, changes, bug fixes, and improvements, including a variety of user-suggested features and changes. You call the plays; we’ll run ‘em!

Among the new features and additions to the latest version of Maximum-Football, are a trove of general overall improvements to defensive play, new depth chart system, and new on-field player substitution system. On the visual side of things, gamers will also be impressed by many new tweaks leading to improved ball physics and improved ball carrier open field running.

In Maximum-Football, players can experience the thrill of managing a team in any league from pee-wee to all-pro. Players can also design a custom league from scratch, picking the layout and size among other attributes. On the gridiron itself, players can get down and dirty with the editor and create new plays and playbooks, design custom own uniforms and helmets, and even select nicknames to appear on jerseys.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=301
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/14/2007 2:00:01 PM   
David Winter

Thanks Alex.

Just so everyone is aware, this update does not yet include Windows Vista support. That is on its way.

Also, the update process will continue as it has been doing so. I'll release public patches as often as I can even though an 'official gold' release has now been made available. This 'official' update was needed because we wanted to ensure that everyone was using the most recent build. 1.3.149 corrects a lot of bugs and has a considerable number of new features. We wanted to end the process of having to purchase a version of the game that is almost 1 year old and then go find a patch.

By making 149 the 'offical' release we can ensure everyone has a solid base to play from. I fully expect to be releasing another beta patch in the next week to 10 days that enables vista support as well as continues the bug killing process.

Thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 2/14/2007 2:45:25 PM >

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/14/2007 4:29:09 PM   
Deft

Can we get a list of udates between 1.3.149 and 1.3.139?

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/14/2007 7:56:27 PM   
Marauders

1.3.149 Build Notes.

- A fake PAT that results in a run or pass into the endzone, will now only result in a single point on US field sizes. Canadian and indoor field sizes still record this as a faked single PAT that results in two points.

- Fixed a follow on bug with league games incorrectly setting the world with 'indoor' weather.

- Fixed a follow on bug with the coin toss that could cause the mouse to 'double-click' on an option button skipping through the process.

- Added an option to the Quick Sim Weeks games to exclude human controlled teams. So any game that involves a human team will not be played out if Quick Simming a week. Quick simming the whole season will not give you the option to exclude human teams because all games in one week must be played before advancing to the next week.

- Fixed a follow on bug with the game log that would list a defender rather than a receiver if a pass was attempted. The statistics were correct, it was just the game log would show the incorrect player name.

1.3.144 Build Notes.

- Added a check to the [HANDOFF/PITCHTO] command to ensure that the target for the action is not across the LOS when the action executes. Under the right conditions, and with the right play timing, it was possible to pitch the ball forward across the LOS to a back.

- Play selection now properly aborts if the play clock expires. In build 1.3.139, if the play clock expired you would be able to finish the process of selecting a play, although you would not be able to execute the play due to the penalty. Now the play selection process aborts as soon as the play clock expires which was the design until 1.3.139

- Fixed a bug introduced in build 1.3.139 that caused the TwoPntPAT to repeat as a TD.

- Changed the Post TD procedure to have the players walk back to the huddle rather than just stand. This should resolve the problem of the ball carrier getting trapped in a group of standing players.

- Corrected a problem with the PDS that would corrupt a plays motion if you exited practice while the play was being designed behind centre field.

- Changed the Create Play function of the PDS. Now when you start the process of creating a play, the play creation will default to centre field.

1.3.140 Build Notes.

- Fixed an issue with the word wrapping code that would cause the game to hang when processing very long file paths and names.

- Stopped the GetTendency procedure from reporting 'No Current Record' to the game log. While it is in fact true that there may not be a record, it's not a bug that should be reported to the log.

- Fixed a bug with US rules quick sim games causing an error with rushing TD's.

- Fixed an issue with the PDS that would cause an error if attempting to practice an offensive play with no defensive play loaded.

- Fixed a bug that would prevent defenders from covering over or deep when in M2M coverage.

- Fixed an issue that would deselect the selected zone when clicking a menu button. This prevented you from deleting a single zone at a time.

- Fixed an issue that would see all the free agents deleted from the database after the end of a season. Free agents should only be deleted from the DB if they have never played a game and have been around for at least 3 seasons.

- Formation/Play names are no longer truncated on the play calling screen.

- Sudden Death OT games no longer process a PAT after the winning TD is scored.

- Training camp and roster cut downs process is now displayed as a dialog box rather than a stand along screen.

- Training camp does further checks prior to processing to ensure all teams going into training camp have valid team profiles.

- At the start of a new season, further checks are done to ensure teams are assigned a team profile (even if it's the default very vanilla profile)

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/14/2007 10:45:40 PM   
Deft

Thanks, aside from some irritating bugs, the quick sim and deep coverages seem to be the biggest upgrades.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/15/2007 1:38:42 AM   
garysorrell

Wow, nice suprise....David, is this a Valentines to us

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/15/2007 4:53:01 AM   
Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

- A fake PAT that results in a run or pass into the endzone, will now only result in a single point on US field sizes. Canadian and indoor field sizes still record this as a faked single PAT that results in two points.

I'm not sure I understand what this is saying. You line up for an extra point kick, but the holder picks up the ball instead and runs it into the end zone. That should be 2 points, should it not? Or is this one of those things which is different in college vs. pro rules? (US)

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/15/2007 8:09:33 PM   
dreamtheatervt

Breeze is right...it should be two points.

DTVT's Playbooks

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/15/2007 10:10:55 PM   
ArtD

David,

I have downloaded and installed the new 1.3.149 Patch. Two questions:

1. Does this patch stand alone? In other words, is it necessary to install previous patches?

2. Has the Manual been updated again as part of the 1.3.149 Patch, when compared to the 1.3.139 Beta Manual update?

Regards,

Art

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/15/2007 11:38:23 PM   
Marauders

quote:

quote:

I'm not sure I understand what this is saying. You line up for an extra point kick, but the holder picks up the ball instead and runs it into the end zone. That should be 2 points, should it not? Or is this one of those things which is different in college vs. pro rules? (US)

That is my fault guys.

I was testing some plays, and I was trying to play a rematch of Superbowl IX for fun (Steelers vs Vikings). I thought that two point conversions had been turned off for the game, and when I was testing a fake field goal play during an extra point, two points were scored. Under the old rules (pre 1996), that should have been only one point.

I made a comment about it in the private forum, but I wasn't clear about the situation.

David questioned this and had expressed that he thought the rule was the same under American rules as in the CFL. He has also asked for a clarification on the rule.

I have since tested this on an older build (1.3.140), and it was working correctly to begin with. I had jumped in and out of games and the PDS and games so many times that I was not keeping track of which rules I had set. Since I was using the Quick Game feature, the conversions had reset back to two points when I left the game and came back, because that was how the default league had been set up.

I posted the release notes above verbatim as they came listed with each release, and a change had been made at that time in response to my comment on the private forum; that is why it is shown as a change above. This has already been reset in the current beta build, and will be reset with the next public patch.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 2/24/2007 3:03:01 AM >

(in reply to Breeze)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/15/2007 11:53:03 PM   
David Winter

I have downloaded and installed the new 1.3.149 Patch. Two questions:

quote:

1. Does this patch stand alone? In other words, is it necessary to install previous patches?

This is a stand alone new version. You will not need any previous version installed to use this. This is a full replacement for 1.0.095 that was the previous 'gold release'

quote:

2. Has the Manual been updated again as part of the 1.3.149 Patch, when compared to the 1.3.139 Beta Manual update?

The manual itself has not changed, although there should be a manual errata file (word document format) that describes the new M2M and Zone systems in the PDS.

David

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/16/2007 6:11:59 PM   
ArtD

David,

Your quote:

The manual itself has not changed, although there should be a manual errata file (word document format) that describes the new M2M and Zone systems in the PDS

I do not see any such Word file in the game directory. I downloaded the 1.3.149 update from another site. Should I download and install again from the Matrix site?

Regards,

Art

Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/16/2007 9:19:37 PM   
David Winter

Hmm.. it should be there.. the file is called PDS2-Addendum.doc (although it's possible Matrix converted it to PDF format).

Let me double check to see if it's included.

Thanks

(in reply to ArtD)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! - 2/16/2007 9:43:36 PM   
hack153

thanks david and casts for keeping this game going and fixing the issues!  it's why i keep playing.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Matrix Games Updates Maximum-Football! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI