Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yes,you should buy Maximum Football

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Yes,you should buy Maximum Football Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/11/2007 9:37:18 AM   
garysorrell

Im always happy to see potential new MaxFB gamers lurking around, and in response to the "Why should I buy this", here are my reasons. And I will also respond to the most common complaints.

1.)You can play NFL, CFL, Arena, College rules football. And a number of variations combining them.
2.)You can play Owner, Coach, GM and/or grab a gamepad and control the action.
3.)Career Mode(minus financials and trades)
4.)Stats, and lots of them. MaxFB keeps stats, tracks stats, and stores them over the length of your league.
5.)HTML printouts of stats and rosters.
6.)Total control over teams, rosters, leagues, art, rules, etc.
7.)Very involved developer who actually cares about his creation and interacts(and listens) to his customers.
8.)Play design feature.
9.)Schedule editor
10.)Involved and creative user community (See these forums and www.fbmax.com)

Now, about some of the ususal complaints/criticisms:
"These graphics aint like Madden"
No, they arent. Well, I would say somewhere between Madden 01 and 02. There are plenty of screenshots around, and even some gameplay videos on youtube. If you want to know what the
graphics are like, find the screens and seek out the videos. Theres no excuse for anyone to
say the graphics arent what they expected. The graphics are what you see in the screens and
vids.

"There is no GM AI, trading and such"
Nope, not really. The AI basically manages the roster by keeping it full and filling depth
charts. But, if we ask David for these things enough, we might get them. He does listen.

"Wheres the 49ers"
MaxFB doesnt have a license for any of the pro leagues. Thats big money as far as i know
and David isnt EA. But, all the leagues can be made using the in game tools and external
graphical software. The stuff is already showing up on fbmax.

Well, there may be more im forgetting, but its 2:27am EST.

I would say that before anyone shells out hard earned money for something, they should research it, decide what they want from the game and see if what it offers is a match.
It is priced less than $50 US. I can spend more than that in one evening taking my family to pizza and a movie. So, MaxFB has already paid for itself, and now im playing for free :-)

I can remember, as far back as the late 1970s, wishing there was a way I could run a football league. When football games started showing up on the shelves, I bought every one for my Commodore 128 or my PC. And while some have come close, not until the release of MaxFB have I seen exactly what I was wanting in a football game.

(How bad was it? I used to track stats while playing Real Sports Football on my Atari 2600)
Post #: 1
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/11/2007 11:03:57 AM   
aysi

I need a demo to even think about buying this game,but nice plug anyway.

i wonder where the demo is?

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 2
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/11/2007 4:21:40 PM   
garysorrell

Yes, it was a nice plug. If I like a product enough, I will gladly pitch it to the masses.
I could name about 20+ other games people should buy also. Most with demos.

And on to the demo, hopefully David can make one available at some point. But, I dont want it to take him away from patching duties. We're close, so close.

(in reply to aysi)
Post #: 3
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/12/2007 6:05:22 PM   
Bobolini

Gary,

You said no other game matches this in terms of flexibility. Did you ever play the Front Page Sports series? Especially the older versions that didn't have the NFL license? Can you compare the pro's and con's between these two? I'm guessing you never played the FPS series because this game really sounds a lot like that.

Post #: 4
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/13/2007 1:56:03 AM   
garysorrell

I played FBpro 95 96 97 98 and 99.

I still have 98 on my PC.

Both play a good game of football. Max has far more rules variations, field sizes, etc. If you play the default rules for US, CFL, and Indoor...you will get games similar to the real stuff. But once you start experimenting with the rules variations, you will see different results and gameplay. Which is what you would expect.
The playbooks and profiles you use have an effect also.

There isnt a demo, so until there is one, its either dont buy or take our word for it.

Im not sure what people want. There are older football games, Madden, or MaxFB.

The one thing that Max doesnt have that FBPro does, is a team GM for CPU teams. Trading and such.
Max doesnt really. Human controlled can trade, thats it. Max basically manages rosters and fills depth charts.

I have a wife and 3 kids, so money is usually tight. But, considering Madden doesnt give me what I want, it was worth it to me to buy Max. It is what I always wanted FBpro to morph into.

Not sure if I was helpful or just rambled.

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 5
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/13/2007 5:10:58 PM   
Bobolini

No, you were just rambling . I appreciate your information. I am thinking of starting a high school league or college league. I like that flexibility. I have Madden 07 on the PC and it looks fantastic but it is so limited for flexibility. I'm not interested in replicating the NFL so I was thinking that this game might be for me. If I play a HS or College league then trading isn't an issue. Thanks for your input.

Post #: 6
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/14/2007 2:23:50 AM   
garysorrell

No problem, and I graduated from Rambling State University(audience moans)

If EA had just left in the league features from 02, I would still be buying Madden. But, as it is, 04 was my last.

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 7
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/14/2007 3:00:17 AM   
Marauders

quote:

If EA had just left in the league features from 02, I would still be buying Madden. But, as it is, 04 was my last.

Madden became a console game at that point.

It could have been so much more.

Post #: 8
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/14/2007 9:15:23 PM   
rroberson

Long time follower (and owner of the game)...with the latest patch...is it now playable? I hung in there as long as I could after release, but I finally gave in and put it on the back burner waiting for the update. Now that its here. How is it?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 9
RE: Yes,you should buy Maximum Football - 2/14/2007 10:42:17 PM   
nmleague

It has improved many ways since it was released last year.  Bugs have been squashed and there have been many improvements and added features.  The next patch 3.5 will add even more things, player positions will be seperated, not just OL or DL but C, G, T, DT and DE, ETC..   The defensive logic has been changed dramatically with customizable zones, a new FPS like man to man system was added.  The quick sim has been improved and the stats should be even better in the next patch.  Overall a vast improvement over the initiall release.  The schedule generator has been improved and a schedule editor included.  And David is supporting, fixing and improving game constantly, and will do so. 

The community has done tons of uniforms, stadiums and playbooks to enhance the game.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Yes,you should buy Maximum Football Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI