Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening - 2/9/2007 6:45:34 AM   
Greyshaft

When playing the Japanese in Campaign 1941 I want to play the non-historical opening in order to rearrange the attack on the East Indies. Unfortunately this seems to make the raid on Pearl Harbor impossible. The carriers in Japan don't have the range to reach Hawaii on turn 1.

Am I missing something?

/Greyshaft
Post #: 1
RE: Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening - 2/11/2007 4:25:41 AM   
zeke99

No, you simple can't make up the time to get into range of Hawaii.

The only way is by editor creating a TF and place it on coordinates close by.

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening - 2/11/2007 4:26:35 AM   
zeke99

and I badly need a spell check!

(in reply to zeke99)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening - 12/18/2011 2:20:49 AM   
MXB2001

Yes, you can do it. The trick I learned was to leave the Kaga & Akagi behind. (BB's too in matrix version) Min. speed of 34 kn required to reach PH from Tokyo in 1 turn.

My routine has been to make TF2 the Kaga/Akagi + the CVL's. TF1 is super fast carrier fleet. This way you also don't exceed 8 CV points.

Mind, if you wanna slug it out with 3 massive USN CV's in 1 TF you will need to recombine TF1 & 2. You need as much CAP as you can get. 1 SBD getting through will ruin your day in version 3.2. In the SSI version it is not neccesary, your Zeroes will be airtight even over just the Sho, Zui, Hir & Sor.

(in reply to zeke99)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening - 12/22/2011 6:54:39 PM   
MXB2001

There is another way I just thought of.

1) Change Comb. Fl. HQ (for 5 PP) to Marcus (where the fleet starts in version 1.1 IIRC) which makes the range 26. Reinforce HQ for 25 PP. I got all 6 CV's there. It is only 8 from Tokyo after all. It costs 30 PP to do it which is not bad. You even get troops headed there which you can use for a quick followup invasion! Very neat is that the Comb. Fl. Eng. end up in Marcus. It feels like it is the intended method.

A minus is that Marcus gives 16 less TF PP to fleets (9-1x2=16).

I don't use reinforce HQ mostly for fear of the cost and the loss of control. But actually it's pretty neat. Your ships get to move twice too... ;) A fair trade for 25 PP I'd say.

(in reply to MXB2001)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening - 12/23/2011 3:55:49 AM   
bradk

I believe SSI had the CVs in port at Marcus

(in reply to MXB2001)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Can't raid Pearl Harbor with non-historical opening Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI