From: Vermont, USA
Battlefront Now Available at Matrix Games!
Shine those boots and load up the BAR, Battlefront is now reporting for duty!
Staten Island, NY, February 7th, 2007 - Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Strategic Studies Group (www.ssg.com.au) are excited to announce the release of Battlefront. Battlefront is a turn-based World War II operational strategy game which features the power of battalion-level combat in some of this period's most bloody and intense conflicts.
Based on the design philosophy of SSG’s previous award winning release, the Decisive Battles series, Battlefront presents newcomers and Decisive Battles fans alike with an entirely new system specifically designed for battalion-level combat. Players will have the opportunity to take part in historic battles like Saipan, Market Garden, Novorossisk, and Gazala and relive tough real-world combat decisions involving command and control, sighting, and supply. The scale of Battlefront has been tweaked to perfection so that players will have realistic control over their forces while at the same time making a telling difference in the strategic picture.
For veteran players of the Decisive Battles series who already have a good idea as to what to expect, they will be pleased by the multiple new features for in depth combat and battle management. To that end, Battlefront has innovative provisions for direct and indirect fire, air strikes, and special, historically-accurate combat modes (such as Japanese Banzai attacks).
In addition, Battlefront gives the player a say in the arrival of off-map reinforcements as well as refitted unit. This new layer of “off-map” strategy adds tremendously to the strategy in each Battlefront campaign.
- Improved Strategic AI enables a more flexible response to fast changing battlefields
- Improved user interface simplifies unit information
- Command and control system that rewards correct employment of military assets
- Close combat routines have special attack modes such as Banzai, Surprise and Infiltration
- Indirect Fire from artillery and air assets can directly attack enemy units
- Direct fire from AFVs can attack enemy units at range
- Counter-battery fire can eliminate enemy artillery
- Eliminated units can be rebuilt as cadres and returned to battle
- Sighting, command, supply and danger zone rules encourage sensible use of artillery
- Complete Unit, Map and AI editor allows users to create scenarios from scratch
- Improved Play By Email security