Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Standardized Artwork Set

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Standardized Artwork Set Page: <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 12:33:38 AM   
Cathartes

small update: complete set of jptops available for CHS (should also work reasonable well for stock). In the plane downloads section.
Post #: 631
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 1:51:52 AM   
Gary Childress

Absolutely beautiful Cathartes! You are the king of aircraft art by far! I look forward to some Allied tops, as well as tops for AE! Keep up the great work!

Please donate to Doctors Without Borders http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

[Permission temporarily granted by Matrix and Slitherine to put this in my sig as of 9/23/2014 - expires 10/23/2014]

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 632
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 2:27:05 AM   
Big B

Cathartes is in a class by himself as far as I care.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Absolutely beautiful Cathartes! You are the king of aircraft art by far! I look forward to some Allied tops, as well as tops for AE! Keep up the great work!

(in reply to Gary Childress)
Post #: 633
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 5:01:12 AM   
TOMLABEL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big B

Cathartes is in a class by himself as far as I care.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!

Art by the ROUGE-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition - Ship Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Big B)
Post #: 634
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 5:08:49 PM   
undercovergeek

out of curiosity - if you scaled the planes so that a fighter was its true size next to a bomber would the image get sharper and possible to add more detail - or would the image be too small

(in reply to TOMLABEL)
Post #: 635
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 5:14:04 PM   
Gary Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

out of curiosity - if you scaled the planes so that a fighter was its true size next to a bomber would the image get sharper and possible to add more detail - or would the image be too small

If fighters were their true size next to a B-29 plane side obviously there will be a loss in detail. Bigger is always better when it comes to detail. Personally I don't think scaled plane art would be worth the trouble.

Please donate to Doctors Without Borders http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

[Permission temporarily granted by Matrix and Slitherine to put this in my sig as of 9/23/2014 - expires 10/23/2014]

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 636
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 6:29:58 PM   
Cathartes

I agree with Gary. These planes are already minuscule. Scaling them properly is maddening, and you would be looking at some fighters with a wingspan of 12 pixels or less--impossible to show reasonable detail.

All of it is a matter of taste and philosophy: I get that scale is more of a realism/immersion factor for some than the actual appearance of the art. If/when there's a WITP II that supports higher screen resolutions proper scale and more detailed art could be used for aircraft.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Gary Childress)
Post #: 637
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 3/25/2009 7:27:30 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cathartes

I agree with Gary. These planes are already minuscule. Scaling them properly is maddening, and you would be looking at some fighters with a wingspan of 12 pixels or less--impossible to show reasonable detail.

All of it is a matter of taste and philosophy: I get that scale is more of a realism/immersion factor for some than the actual appearance of the art. If/when there's a WITP II that supports higher screen resolutions proper scale and more detailed art could be used for aircraft.

I'd agree with that more or less. What I tend do do is have 4E planes use the entire 'box', 2E and single engine bombers take up less and fighters are smaller than those. I tend to apply that to both sides and any tops I've done. That way there's some indication of scale without any actual tiny aeroplanes

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 638
RE: Standardized Artwork Set - 4/26/2014 12:15:01 AM   
VI66

Anyone still here? If so I'm looking for the background art used for making the shipbacks and shils??? If anyone could send them to me I'd be entirely grateful

"Many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men." ~Patton

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 639
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Standardized Artwork Set Page: <<   < prev  18 19 20 21 [22]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI