Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Transfers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Transfers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Transfers? - 12/23/2006 8:39:43 PM   
Stonerkrieg

Score: 0
At what point can you Transfer from fighters to Starships.I'm day 9 into the Highland Campaign at the rank of the captain but the transfer button is still greyed out no matter which unit I highlight.Ihave Starshatter TGS.
Post #: 1
RE: Transfers? - 12/24/2006 4:35:11 AM   
Dragonlead

By unit, do you mean individual ship? Normally, you have to select the specific ship and then the transfer button will work. It will still put you in command of the "unit" of 4 cap ships.

V/R

DRAGON LEAD
Afghanistan

(in reply to Stonerkrieg)
Post #: 2
RE: Transfers? - 12/30/2006 7:02:00 PM   
Moriartie

You need the rank of Lt. Commander (5000 pts) or higher to be able to transfer to a capital ship (either Frigate or Destroyer, not tried a Cruiser).
Note: Even if you don't have the rank, you should still be able to ask. I could. They'll just reject you.
As stated by dragonlead you need to choose a specific ship that you want to command.
Personally having just done a couple of capship missions, I'm pretty unimpressed - at least for the first campaign it seems a fighter is a better option (even though I prefer flying capships).

(in reply to Dragonlead)
Post #: 3
RE: Transfers? - 12/31/2006 8:16:11 AM   
Matti Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moriartie

Personally having just done a couple of capship missions, I'm pretty unimpressed - at least for the first campaign it seems a fighter is a better option

In later campaigns, starting from Operation Firestorm, cruiser battlegroups are way to go. They get more done in one mission than fighters in ten.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Moriartie)
Post #: 4
RE: Transfers? - 12/31/2006 10:10:42 AM   
Dragonlead

I have to concur with that assessment. SAGs rock, and stopping them with fighter strikes takes a long time, especially if they are bearing down on your carrier.

V/R

DRAGON LEAD
Afghanistan

(in reply to Matti Kuokkanen)
Post #: 5
RE: Transfers? - 12/31/2006 1:34:33 PM   
Moriartie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
In later campaigns, starting from Operation Firestorm, cruiser battlegroups are way to go. They get more done in one mission than fighters in ten.

Good to hear. I just had a "assault" mission for the destroyer squadron in Highland (when the seperatists and hegemony join up in jaleh) and nuked all manner of enemy campships. ;-)

Oh, and what is a SAG - there's no reference to them in the manual?

< Message edited by Moriartie -- 12/31/2006 1:45:59 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Transfers? - 1/1/2007 12:53:50 AM   
Dragonlead

Surface Action Group in Navy parlance. In this case, that would become Space Action Group. It is a way of denoting a fleet that has no carrier and is usually fairly small.

V/R

DRAGON LEAD
Afghanistan

(in reply to Moriartie)
Post #: 7
RE: Transfers? - 1/1/2007 7:46:21 AM   
Matti Kuokkanen

Do you mean those enemy fighters which don't show up on forces screen?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Dragonlead)
Post #: 8
RE: Transfers? - 1/1/2007 10:29:53 AM   
Dragonlead

Ummm...no.

I mean it would be exactly what you have in SS-TGS. 2 or 3 cruisers and 2-3 destroyers.

V/R

DRAGON LEAD
Afghanistan

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Transfers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI