Forge Of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865" Manual Offer

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

David Heath

Forge Of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865" Manual Offer

Post by David Heath »

If you ordered a digital download version of Forge Of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 before December 20th, 2006, you are eligible to order a Game On Demand version with a printed manual for $9.99 USD plus shipping & handling. The Game On Demand version will contain the following:

- Full color printed DVD case
- Two full color printed CD's with your serial numbers printed on it
- Printed black and white manual

This offer expires January 31st, 2007

Please note: If you have NOT yet order any version Forge Of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 you do not need to use this option to receive Game On Demand version with a printed manual. Please order from our store and order as per normal. To go to our store please use the following URL: http://www.matrixgames.com/store.asp

If you had order a digital download before December 20th, 2006 and would like to order a Game On Demand with a printed manual please go to the URL below and fill out the form.

http://www.matrixgames.com/discount/forgeoffreedom.asp

Special Offer Promo Codes will only work currently in the U.S. store. We are looking into this and will post something here once we have more information. Please do not lose your Special Offer Promo Code. Your Order Number can only be used once. If you have any problems or questions please contact us at support@matrixgames.com

Adam Parker

RE: Forge Of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865" Manual Offer

Post by Adam Parker »

Hi David, I received my promo code, thanks. I can't see a game on demand option though at the store. It doesn't work with the physical box option either.
XLegion

Post by XLegion »

When I place the promo code in the field on the ordering page and I update it the price still remains at the full price. How do I get this to work?

G. Collins

Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

Same problem Dave. Got the code just fine..., but there doesn't seem to be any way of using it in the order field to bring up the "offer" you are making. Would you do a "step-by-step" for this? Right now it looks like we'll be charged $67.00 even with the "promo code".
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hi Guys

I am looking into this now....

David

Eric Estes

Post by Eric Estes »

It worked for me
Curious

Post by Curious »

Me too.  You have to actually go to the online store to place your order.  The screen that comes up when you click on "Click Here for a quick guide on using your Special Offer Promo Code" looks like you can use your promo code there, but you can't.  There's a link to the Matrix online store at the top of this screen.  Use that link and go to the actual online store and place your order using the promo code that you requested (and received).

CB
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: Curious

Me too.  You have to actually go to the online store to place your order.  The screen that comes up when you click on "Click Here for a quick guide on using your Special Offer Promo Code" looks like you can use your promo code there, but you can't.  There's a link to the Matrix online store at the top of this screen.  Use that link and go to the actual online store and place your order using the promo code that you requested (and received).

CB

OK. Went to the store and tried from there..., but after I enter the "promo code" I'm still seeing a price for the order of $66.79. What am I "not doing" or "screwing up"? Any help will be appreciated.
Eric Estes

Post by Eric Estes »

Mike-

Did you click the "apply" button?

ckk

Post by ckk »

Hooray!!!!![&o]
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

ORIGINAL: Denville Dog

Mike-

Did you click the "apply" button?

Yes..., I did.
XLegion

Post by XLegion »

I'm having the same problem. I did click "Apply" - the screen refreshes and then still shows the full price.

xlegion

animaluk

Post by animaluk »

What do we do if we have the uk downloaded version
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: animaluk

What do we do if we have the uk downloaded version

From Dave:
Special Offer Promo Codes will only work currently in the U.S. store. We are looking into this and will post something here once we have more information.

I guess this will be live tomorrow.
LMUBill

Post by LMUBill »

Entered my serial number and info and then got a "unable to load page" error message. Re-tried it again and now I get an "Invalid order number. Please try again." message.

Sent off an email to the support people but hope I don't get lost in the Christmas rush. [:(]
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

[font=arial]Hi Guys[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial]OK the Promo codes should be all fix and working.  The current Promo codes will only work in the us store.  If you want to use your promo code in another store DO NOT request a promo code for the US store because it will not work.  If you did already and have niot used it please email support@matrixgames.com   The Promo codes for the Euro store should be available next week.  We are sorry for this delay.  If you have any other problems please email support@matrixgames.com[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align] [/align][font=arial]Matrix Games Support[/font][/align][font=arial][/font] [/align][font=arial][/font] [/align]
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

worked at US store for me just now , good luck all..
"Tanks forward"
Tom_Doc_Holliday

Post by Tom_Doc_Holliday »

David,
Thanks for this offer.
One question: I ordered the digital download and the backup disk for $9.99
Do I now need to order the Game on Demand in order to get the printed manual?
I will pay the extra as I think it is worth it, but don't want to order 2 copies.
Thanks,
Doc
Mike Scholl

Post by Mike Scholl »

Finally worked for me too. Thanks Dave.
XLegion

Post by XLegion »

Dave: I think I got the promo to work but being in Canada the shipping charges are $17.95 via UPS which doesn't make any sense. You can send the manual through the regular mail for a fraction of that. This offer makes the shipping nearly twice the cost of the manual itself. Why doesn't Matrix use the US Mail?

Another reason Matrix should use US mail for international shipments is the exporbitent add on costs that UPS charges sometimes for foreign recipients. They add on a "brokerage fee" which is sometimes as high as $25 and there is nothing you can do about it. So in this case with the brokerage fee (if charged) getting the manual could cost $62 more than the original cost of the game!

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”