Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available!

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

Erik Rutins

Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that the new boxed copies for Forge of Freedom are now available in our online store. Before you rush off to order, please read the following carefully!

1. If you already own a digital download... Then wait! We're going to post details on how to "upgrade" your digital download to a boxed version tomorrow. If you purchase a boxed copy now, it will be a second full purchase for you which we won't be able to fix. Wait until tomorrow, and you'll get the upgrade to the boxed copy for $9.99.

2. If you have been waiting to order a boxed copy... Wait no longer! Go ahead and order now and enjoy!

What does the boxed version (or "physical") contain?

- Full color printed DVD case
- Full color printed CD with your serial number and order number printed on it
- Printed black and white Forge of Freedom manual

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
pomakli

RE: Forge of Freedom Boxed Copies Now Available!

Post by pomakli »

Hello Eric,

at first thanks for this wonderful new!

I tried the give an order; but there only the possibility to give an download order!

[&:]

I wish you Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Pomakli

[:)]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Pomakli,

It's showing up in the store for me, could you try clearing your browser's cache to see if that helps?

Added: And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

It appears there is a delay in getting this live on the non-US servers. I'm sure the option will show up there tomorrow, sorry for the additional wait!
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
pomakli

Post by pomakli »

Hi Eric,

thank you for the fastest e-mail answer in my life!

[;)]

It doesn't mather; I can wait till tomorrow.

I'll buy it; No way out!

[:)]

Pomakli
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

1. If you already own a digital download... Then wait! We're going to post details on how to "upgrade" your digital download to a boxed version tomorrow...

What does the boxed version (or "physical") contain?....
- Printed black and white Forge of Freedom manual

Erik, is the printed manual the same that came as a PDF with the download or has it been corrected for typos and errors reported since release?

Thanks,
Adam.
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hi Adam

The manual is been updated from the one that came with the first release of the game.
marecone

Post by marecone »

Great news. Thanks
"I have never, on the field of battle, sent you where I was unwilling to go myself; nor would I now advise you to a course which I felt myself unwilling to pursue."

Nathan Bedford Forrest
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

Thanks David, I'll send you my $9.99 USD as soon as you give the go ahead [;)]

Merry Christmas,
Adam.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Adam,
ORIGINAL: Adam Parker
Erik, is the printed manual the same that came as a PDF with the download or has it been corrected for typos and errors reported since release?

It has been corrected, however we also had to remove a few of the appendices (which are included in a separate PDF now) to allow it to fit the 200 page limit for the DVD case.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

any idea on the font, I bought something that literally had a 6 font, oh my, now that is hard on the eyes?
"Tanks forward"
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Type up some 8 point Tahoma text in Word and print it out - that's what the manual text will look like.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Or simply print out one page of the FOF PDF manual, make sure your printer driver / print application is keeping the document at 100%. That will give you an idea about the font size.
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

Excellent news, I will keep my order for a Boxed FOF with NWSONLINE...
a) For the cause (you guys[;)])
b) Because Chris is a nice guy!
I should have my manual by the end of next week i hope[&o]!
Memo: Shipping deptartment...get those copies to NWSONLINE ASAP[:D].
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

freeboy

Post by freeboy »

well, I might as well, as in there is about 30 inches of snow in my yard, Denver area resident and I do not think much will be happpening.. so here goes.. 8 p font tu
"Tanks forward"
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

8PT. is not bad, but it is at the bottom of my spectrum. I bought some cheapo "reading" glasses that are stronger than my prescription "PC" glasses and it's very legible. As long as it's not printed on a fortune cookie size piece of paper[8|][;)].
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It appears there is a delay in getting this live on the non-US servers. I'm sure the option will show up there tomorrow, sorry for the additional wait!

Still waiting.
bpilot

Post by bpilot »

I ordered a PHYSICAL SHIPMENT of Forge of Freedom on 21 Dec 06 with one day shipment.
When will the game be ready to ship?
I was told the game is on back order by the Digital River representative with no available status.
Bill
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Alright, I had a chat with DR today and I'm going to report the latest status along to you all. When we left for Christmas, everything seemed to be sorted out and copies should have shipped out within 3 business days at the latest. There was another logistical problem on DR's side though, related to one of their suppliers. This pushed things back again and with the long holiday weekend, the effect was further magnified.

Quite simply, if we had gone without the printed manuals, we would have been shipping physical copies two weeks ago, but this is part of the learning process for this new option. Because this is the very first actual product with a printed "on demand" manual, we're going through these teething issues, which should not affect any future products. Unfortunately, despite the extra (and believe me, there was a lot of extra) effort put into this before the holidays, we're still back-ordered until this logistical issue is resolved.

I should have a firm new estimate on ship date from DR today and I'll pass that along as soon as I have it.

With respect to the non-US stores, those were going to lag the US store by a few business days. Because of the problems in the US store, these are still waiting. I expect an updated estimate on that availability as soon as I know when the US copies will start shipping out.

Thanks for your patience everyone, this is not something we expect to have to go through again and we really thought everything was sorted out when the holiday weekend started.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
ckk

Post by ckk »

Erik

Thanks for keeping us up to date. it means you guys are working on it and it will get fixed, so be patient guys[:-]

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”