From: Vermont, USA
Alright, I had a chat with DR today and I'm going to report the latest status along to you all. When we left for Christmas, everything seemed to be sorted out and copies should have shipped out within 3 business days at the latest. There was another logistical problem on DR's side though, related to one of their suppliers. This pushed things back again and with the long holiday weekend, the effect was further magnified.
Quite simply, if we had gone without the printed manuals, we would have been shipping physical copies two weeks ago, but this is part of the learning process for this new option. Because this is the very first actual product with a printed "on demand" manual, we're going through these teething issues, which should not affect any future products. Unfortunately, despite the extra (and believe me, there was a lot of extra) effort put into this before the holidays, we're still back-ordered until this logistical issue is resolved.
I should have a firm new estimate on ship date from DR today and I'll pass that along as soon as I have it.
With respect to the non-US stores, those were going to lag the US store by a few business days. Because of the problems in the US store, these are still waiting. I expect an updated estimate on that availability as soon as I know when the US copies will start shipping out.
Thanks for your patience everyone, this is not something we expect to have to go through again and we really thought everything was sorted out when the holiday weekend started.