Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is the enemy?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Where is the enemy? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is the enemy? - 12/11/2006 6:18:46 AM   
Ernwa

Just starting to play this game solo, I have a question about detailed combat.
After moving a force with say 3-5 units into an enemy province with a similar size force,
I am transported into the detailed combat screen. I see my units nicely grouped together, but I don't see the enemy. For these particular battles there are no objectives
shown on the map. So how are you supposed to find the enemy? I know the enemy is somewhere because I sometimes do the automove repeatedly and see the enemy flag
in the lower part of the screen as the cycling continues. Since the screen is a fictitious
battlefield how do you even know in what direction one should search for the enemy?
Anyone know what I am doing wroing?
Post #: 1
RE: Where is the enemy? - 12/11/2006 6:30:54 AM   
Hard Sarge

in HW, you will be on top of the map faceing south (down) the enemy will be at the bottom of the screen faceing north

in a meeting battle, he may be to the side at the bottom also, you need to go hunt him

bigger battles are easier to find the enemy, small numbers can be HARD to find, as you have to be in sighting range

(in reply to Ernwa)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Where is the enemy? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI