Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rules question: defensive supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Rules question: defensive supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rules question: defensive supply - 12/11/2006 4:41:17 AM   
aaminoff

I'm not sure whether to post this here or in the Support folder. Hopefully this is OK.

When playing with advanced supply, under what circumstances will a point of supply be spent from a region being attacked for defensive supply? I went back through my manual and could not even find the bare fact of defensive supply being specified - merely the advice to always keep a point in or near every region so that you have it if you get attacked.

In particular, does an air-only attack cause expenditure of defensive supply?

If a given region is attacked multiple times, does a total of 1 supply cover it all? (I would assume so given the advice to keep 1 supply around near each region).

It seems clear that a point does not get expended if a region is attacked that has no units at all in it. Does a point of supply get expended if none of the units in a region defend? (eg an air attack vs infrastructure in an area with only infantry...or maybe in such a case infantry do defend, I forget)

I wonder if Japan could run the Chinese completely out of supply by air-striking multiple different regions each turn. They only get about 15 supply every 3 turns, so if you can hit more than 5 target regions each turn...

Post #: 1
RE: Rules question: defensive supply - 12/11/2006 5:33:55 AM   
MrQuiet

First note that any unit which has tacticaly moved on your current turn will then be considered supplied until the start of your next turn. You can see this by the little supply barrels in the left corner of the unit pop-up and the green arrow indicateing tactical movement. So a stack that attacks this turn on the front will be considered supplied for defense on your opponents turn/s.

If any region is attacked by any unit (includeing air only) then that region will draw one supply from its reserve or a region adjacent to it, even if there are no units there. All of the units in that region are then considered supplied for additional attacks and will not draw any more supply.

Naval units (accept subs) that did not move on previous turn will draw one supply for defense from its zone or one adjacent if attacked but will not draw from an island in an adjacent zone. This also only uses 1 supply to cover all the units defense in that zone.

Also note that the Axis Player will need 1 additional supply to fight partisans in captured regions with population.

quote:

In particular, does an air-only attack cause expenditure of defensive supply?

YES

quote:

If a given region is attacked multiple times, does a total of 1 supply cover it all? (I would assume so given the advice to keep 1 supply around near each region).

YES

quote:

It seems clear that a point does not get expended if a region is attacked that has no units at all in it. Does a point of supply get expended if none of the units in a region defend? (eg an air attack vs infrastructure in an area with only infantry...or maybe in such a case infantry do defend, I forget)

It Still draws supply, although there seems to be no negetive effect of not having a supply there if only infantry are defending against infrastructure attack since the inf will not fire in that type of attack and the factory/res/rail sitll defend at 12 or 15 in winter.

quote:

I wonder if Japan could run the Chinese completely out of supply by air-striking multiple different regions each turn. They only get about 15 supply every 3 turns, so if you can hit more than 5 target regions each turn...

You can indeed try, but smart humans send lend lease supply to China, and the Chineese player will arrange his Flack/fighter to make that a risky adventure.

I have noticed that the free Chinesse militia created when they are attacked by land units do not need supply to fight. i.e. they never fight with supply penalties if supply is not available, but any other units there will have the penalty.

Good Questions
Enjoy
MrQuiet

(in reply to aaminoff)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Rules question: defensive supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI