For community members reporting public beta bugs, issues, and observations, here is a short copy of the standard rules for reporting them. If these are used as a guideline, it makes cleaning up bugs much easier for David and the Matrix Games team.
Erik Rutins posted:
1. Please post in the appropriate bug (or issue) reporting thread. Do not create a new thread for your bug report (if there is one already ongoing).
2. Subject should contain game version and a concise description of the bug (the build is important, as David may have to back track posts, and the latest build may have been several builds ago by the time David gets to the situation).
3. First line of report should note type of game (i.e. vs. Computer, vs. Human, etc.) and Options used.
4. Bug description should be as precise as possible and include all relevant details and should now how repeatable the bug is for you (i.e. happens once in a blue moon or repeatable on demand, etc.)
5. Bug analysis should tell us what you have tried to do to isolate the bug, such as making and running test games with one change in each test, trying differing options, checking different game types. If you need help in bug analysis, ask a moderator.
6. A repeatable save that generates the bug from an initially bug-free state, if possible.
7. A clear screenshot of the problem, if appropriate.
David, the Matrix Staff, and the beta team thank you all for taking the time to posts bugs, issues, and observations.
Community suport and input is really appreciated.
- Marauders (Beta Team Member)
< Message edited by Marauders -- 12/11/2006 11:30:37 PM >