Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sounds of retreat.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Sounds of retreat. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sounds of retreat. - 12/6/2006 6:21:26 PM   
Scouicscouic

I was playing a tactical battle.
After many hours the russian sounds the retreat. So i decided to quick resolve the battle.
At my surprise the frenchs sounds the retreat too. Finaly 50 000 russians deads 15000 frenchs deads and the game crash. yeah! Perhaps because the computer could'nt decide who was the winner.
Someone had always seen and army retreat after a major victory on the battlefield ?
GG for the team developement of crown of glory. This is not serious. Respect the customers who buy your products.
Do u remember the game of Wargamer 1813 ?
there is a malediction on the napoléonic gamer fan ?
Im very Angry.
And sorry for my poor english im not american.

Post #: 1
RE: Sounds of retreat. - 12/6/2006 8:40:18 PM   
jimwinsor

Oh wow, never saw this happen before...although I tend not to quick resolve battles, so that would explain why.

(in reply to Scouicscouic)
Post #: 2
RE: Sounds of retreat. - 12/6/2006 10:35:45 PM   
Russian Guard

Yes this can happen...when I have seen it happen, it was because both sides were close to breaking, and when I let the computer use my troops for pursuit (the opposing force had ordered a retreat), my troops made foolish mistakes (like attempting formation changes when not necessary, etc) and disordered or routed themselves, forcing MY force into retreat mode as well.

Thus, I never let the computer resolve my pursuits in detailed battles, unless it was a crushing victory and I am absolutely sure that my forces are nowhere near the break point.

Post #: 3
RE: Sounds of retreat. - 12/7/2006 3:23:12 PM   
Ironclad

Yes, I have encountered it too and its particularly frustrating after fighting a long, hard and successful battle to find the quick ending causing a matching retreat. I can't recall what the battle report shows when this happens?

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 4
RE: Sounds of retreat. - 12/7/2006 4:35:11 PM   
Scouicscouic

for me the battle report shows the casualty and the game crash. enjoy.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 5
RE: Sounds of retreat. - 12/7/2006 6:55:22 PM   
JReb

I have seen it too and usually follow Russian Gd's method. It would be nice to have a "Quick Resolve-pursue" and Quick Resolve-no pursuit" option!

Historically, many generals have declined to pursue a defeated army because of their own troop condition or lack of initiative. Maybe pursuit could be based on commander's rating and all unit's morale averaged.

MM3: CVN-70 USS Carl Vinson

Post #: 6
RE: Sounds of retreat. - 12/7/2006 7:05:17 PM   
Ironclad

Deleted

< Message edited by Ironclad -- 12/7/2006 7:18:13 PM >

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Sounds of retreat. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI