Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

3 Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> 3 Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3 Questions - 11/26/2006 8:10:44 PM   
BlackAlpha

Score: 0
I got 3 questions:

1. How do the counter measures work? They fly forward, away from the missle and the missles always hit me. Do I need to face the missle for the flares to work?

2. Why do I usually only have 1 wingman? We are supposed to patrol the sector with just 2 of us? I'm always getting up shot because once I survive the first fight, there are more enemies at the next waypoint.

3. When I'm flying trough the air at a planet, the only way I can turn is by banking the ship. Is that normal? If I use the rudder, I think it's a rudder, I just look in the direction I want to go but the ship is still flying in the old direction.

< Message edited by BlackAlpha -- 11/26/2006 8:19:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 3 Questions - 11/26/2006 11:48:59 PM   
Jepep Hepep

1. Don't use the augmenter when trying to spoof missiles.

2. If you feel outnumbered run away.

3. Yes, it's normal.

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 2
RE: 3 Questions - 11/26/2006 11:50:30 PM   
Dragonlead

Black Alpha,

1. How do the counter measures work? They fly forward, away from the missle and the missles always hit me. Do I need to face the missle for the flares to work?

Most missile shots in the game are face shots (the target shoots at you while you fly towards him.) The normal method of use works like this: pop flare, cut onto a new divergent angle, kill the augmentor (afterburner). If you don't kill the AB, the missile won't lose lock because your engine's signature won't get small enough for the flare to attract the missiles attention. No, you don't need to face the missile, just change direction, fast.

2. Why do I usually only have 1 wingman? We are supposed to patrol the sector with just 2 of us? I'm always getting up shot because once I survive the first fight, there are more enemies at the next waypoint.

This is a function of how these missions are scripted. Normal patrol missions are 2 fighters. The random part is how many baddies you will meet. 4-ship missions are normally reserved for anti-ship and ground strike. Once you become a carrier commander, you can change this, of course.

3. When I'm flying trough the air at a planet, the only way I can turn is by banking the ship. Is that normal? If I use the rudder, I think it's a rudder, I just look in the direction I want to go but the ship is still flying in the old direction.

Yes, this is normal. In the real world, hitting the rudder at high speeds tends to result in sometimes unrecoverable spins and many modern fighters have flight control software that locks out the rudder above certain speeds.

Hope this helps.

V/R

DRAGON LEAD
Afghanistan

(in reply to BlackAlpha)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> 3 Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI