Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command - 11/12/2006 2:54:44 AM   
augustus

For those of you who have played both games (Fleet Command with the Naval Warfare Project from NWS, which greatly enhances the game), which do you prefer and why? I mean, I would expect most people here to say they prefer Harpoon, but in what way do you consider it superior to fleet command? I ask because I've got money to spare and I'm trying to decide what game to get. FC comes in the "naval combat pack" released by Sonalysts for $20, Harpoon is more expensive.

Or would you guys recommend I wait for HC:Commander's Edition?
Post #: 1
RE: Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command - 11/12/2006 3:38:38 AM   
hermanhum

I can't offer any help between Fleet Command and either Harpoon3 or Harpoon Classic as I have never played Fleet Command.

However, if you are trying to decide between Harpoon3 and Harpoon Classic, this thread might be of interest:

Harpoon 3 Or Harpoon Classic

You can also look on the developer's AGSI site. Unfortunately, there are no longer any demos available for either version.

I own and enjoy both versions.

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 2
RE: Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command - 11/12/2006 5:39:26 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: augustus

For those of you who have played both games (Fleet Command with the Naval Warfare Project from NWS, which greatly enhances the game), which do you prefer and why? I mean, I would expect most people here to say they prefer Harpoon, but in what way do you consider it superior to fleet command? I ask because I've got money to spare and I'm trying to decide what game to get. FC comes in the "naval combat pack" released by Sonalysts for $20, Harpoon is more expensive.

Or would you guys recommend I wait for HC:Commander's Edition?

Harpoon 3 is a simulation/wargame, made as realistic as possible for the intended hardware and audience (a rather different one to FC). Fleet Command is an RTS game, albeit one rather more rooted in the real world than most. You'll soon learn what "clickfest" means when you start firing missiles, though. It's not so much a case of Harpoon being "superior" (although it is) as being a totally different type of product. Depends what you want; FC was fun for a while and it's a good bundle for $20 - although 688 is a little superfluous with Sub Command also included.

If you are midway between FC and Harpoon, I'd actually suggest you take a careful look at Dangerous Waters. I have a suspicion it might be just what you are looking for.

(in reply to augustus)
Post #: 3
RE: Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command - 11/13/2006 12:05:18 AM   
FreekS

Hi,

I've played Fleet Command and Hapoon3, and I was given Dangerous waters for X-mas

I'd advise you NOT to start with Harpoon3. It has ONE major flaw. Its addictive. Totally. Imagine a game with poor graphics, numerous (reportedly) bugs, and a very abrasive community (well, some of it). And addictive too. Its terrible. You'll be hooked.

I really wish I could break away from it all and play Dangerous Waters; not even had a chance to install it.

Freek

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 4
RE: Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command - 11/13/2006 5:12:53 AM   
brent_2

quote:

ORIGINAL: FreekS

I'd advise you NOT to start with Harpoon3. It has ONE major flaw. Its addictive. Totally. Imagine a game with poor graphics, numerous (reportedly) bugs, and a very abrasive community (well, some of it). And addictive too. Its terrible. You'll be hooked.

LOL - that's great!

I'm essentially graphically and history oriented, unfortunately to connect the two I have to do maths. I hate maths.
CSO_Brent

(in reply to FreekS)
Post #: 5
RE: Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command - 11/24/2006 1:23:53 AM   
KlubMarcus

The Fleet Command Demo won't install on my laptop with WinXP. So I really couldn't tell you. Anyone here got the Fleet Command Demo to install?

(in reply to brent_2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 vs. Fleet Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI