Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Are MWIF Chinese non divisional normal INF units Corps (XXX) or Army sized (XXXX)???
According to Schodts' WIFFE counter webside, they are Army sized. Besides there are corps sized CAV, MTN, MOT, Mech, Para.
According to the unit picture in post 42 of the MWIF thread (unit descriptions) they are Corps sized.
For doing unit write ups I should know this, for linking MWIF counters to unit histories.
What is displayed at http://users.ats.dk/jsp/wif.htm are scans of the real counters, so this is the truth.
So, the units in MWiF are wrong, and should be corrected if possible (I volunteer to do that if necessary). Some are Armies, and some are Corps.
Steve, is it possible to make non DIV MWiF units Army sized ? (with 4 "X").
Currently the designation of army versus corp for units is:
- all HQ are Army groups XXXXX
- all divisions are divisions XX (duh)
- corps XXX versus army XXXX is taken from the country data (SU, MI, MA). File structure shown below; not part of GA.
I believe all special unit infantry units (para, mountain, etc.) are corps, but I would have to look that up in the code. You could simply look at the review of units form to confirm that.
So presently, I think this is in the 'map' data, since it concerns countries. [Not my data format design.]
- ID, name, parent ID, starting controlling country ID, center hex (row, column), Europe, Africa, Asia, Pacific, America (all boolean), # of cities and ports, conqueror ID, current controlling county ID, whether it has hexes, last city/port captured ID.
- Same as governed areas, plus:
3 letter name abbreviation, Partisan controller ID, force pool ID, unit color, icon color, land NATO outline color, land NATO interior color, strength text color, unit size color, letter/division color, outline elite flag, infantry armies/not corps, armor armies/not corps, partisans, partisans chance, partisans active, convoy points, contested, garrison, partisans count
- Same as sub countries, plus:
Capital (Column, Row), Neutral this year
- Same as minor countries.
Perfection is an elusive goal.