Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flash: War In The Pacific Updated!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 12:02:45 PM   
Alex Fiedler

New Version 1.804 Improves Gameplay!

Matrix Games together with 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) and Michel Wood are pleased to deliver a new update for the popular wargame War In The Pacific. This update is now available from the Matrix Games public FTP and the game updates section of the Matrix Games website.

The version 1.804 update fixes outstanding bug issues. The correction of the LCU leader handeling that was causing land experience to be increased to invalid levels as well as the crashes that were being caused by invalid pointer issues as well as fixing several other minor issues so that the players can concentrate on the game.

This new update is an incremental update with a comprehensive update to follow later.

War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945™” is a completely new strategy game, based on the award winning “Uncommon Valor” game engine. The scale is 60 miles per hex and losses are individual vehicles, aircraft, guns and squads. Since half the planet Earth is covered by the titanic Pacific struggle, the game is massive in scope, covering thousands of ships tens of thousands of aircraft. There are 15 campaigns included with the game, which can be played against the computer opponent, hot seat, by secure email. War in the Pacific now gives you the chance to fight the entire war your way on every level.

For more information on War in the Pacific visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com and pay special attention to our forums for the latest scoop on War In The Pacific.
Post #: 1
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 12:07:26 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alex Fiedler

New Version 1.804 Improves Gameplay!

Matrix Games together with 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) and Michel Wood are pleased to deliver a new update for the popular wargame War In The Pacific. This update is now available from the Matrix Games public FTP and the game updates section of the Matrix Games website.

The version 1.804 update fixes outstanding bug issues. The correction of the LCU leader handeling that was causing land experience to be increased to invalid levels as well as the crashes that were being caused by invalid pointer issues as well as fixing several other minor issues so that the players can concentrate on the game.

This new update is an incremental update with a comprehensive update to follow later.

War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945™” is a completely new strategy game, based on the award winning “Uncommon Valor” game engine. The scale is 60 miles per hex and losses are individual vehicles, aircraft, guns and squads. Since half the planet Earth is covered by the titanic Pacific struggle, the game is massive in scope, covering thousands of ships tens of thousands of aircraft. There are 15 campaigns included with the game, which can be played against the computer opponent, hot seat, by secure email. War in the Pacific now gives you the chance to fight the entire war your way on every level.

For more information on War in the Pacific visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com and pay special attention to our forums for the latest scoop on War In The Pacific.

Just came out of the bed, wonder if I´m still dreaming....

Is there a readme?

< Message edited by castor troy -- 10/24/2006 12:10:20 PM >

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 12:21:31 PM   
goodboyladdie

A list of changes would be quite helpful. Have you managed to fix the loading issue that snuck in with 1.802?

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 3
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 12:32:39 PM   
JeffK

I'm waiting for 1.805 to arrive which will fix the problems in 1.804 because theyn didnt seriously test it on the "Average Joe" level PC

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 4
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 12:37:42 PM   
mutterfudder

Beware the NWO!

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 5
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 1:11:26 PM   
ctangus

From the readme:

quote:

Note that v1.8.0.4 incremental production release includes the following changes:

Item 1 - Correct LCU leader handling upon LCU divide. Was causing land_experience to be increased to
invalid levels. Fixed.

Item 2 – Correct crash caused by invalid pointer upon player bringing up base display. Added pointer
validation check.

Item 3 – Correct crash caused by invalid pointer upon player mouse-ing over enemy port. Added pointer
validation check.

(in reply to mutterfudder)
Post #: 6
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 1:14:26 PM   
wild_Willie2

NIce jobs guy's.....

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to ctangus)
Post #: 7
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 2:01:52 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

So what was fixed in 1.803?

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 8
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 2:23:30 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos

So what was fixed in 1.803?

The coffee machine!

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 9
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 3:26:03 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

A list of changes would be quite helpful. Have you managed to fix the loading issue that snuck in with 1.802?

Apparently, that's not related to patch 1.802. Just stuck its head out now...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 10
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 3:47:39 PM   
Yakface

Many thanks for this quick update guys.  Much appreciated.

< Message edited by Yakface -- 10/24/2006 3:49:55 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 11
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 4:11:06 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ctangus

From the readme:

quote:

Note that v1.8.0.4 incremental production release includes the following changes:

Item 1 - Correct LCU leader handling upon LCU divide. Was causing land_experience to be increased to
invalid levels. Fixed.

Item 2 – Correct crash caused by invalid pointer upon player bringing up base display. Added pointer
validation check.

Item 3 – Correct crash caused by invalid pointer upon player mouse-ing over enemy port. Added pointer
validation check.

Some notes ...

Items 1 & 2 above were patch 1.8.0.3 and item 3 by itself was 1.8.0.4 .. but the 1.8.0.4 patch that is out there includes both, so you only need 1.8.0.4 (in essence 1.8.0.4 is comprehensive with respect to 1.8.0.2 if that makes any sense).

We wanted to get item 1 out quickly because this had a decidedly bad impact.

Also (not in the list) 1.8.0.2 release had "debug" data in the EXE .. this did not impact the logic of the code, but it was probably the cause of some of the slow down people were noticing, so you will see that the EXE file size goes back down to under 2MEGs this time as we have removed the debug data. And finally there were some missing items in the "fix" list that have been added.

AE Project Lead

(in reply to ctangus)
Post #: 12
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 4:11:48 PM   
Terminus

Very cool...

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 13
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 4:17:59 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

Why oh why the damn install utility asks for my serial number EACH AND EVERY TIME. This is like twelfth patch for WITP or something, what's the point? Anti piracy measures? Gimme a break!

I have WITP installed on 3 PCs, one of them laptop I use when travelling. Imagine joys of going thru hassle to get WLAN or the road, on some conference or some stupid hotel working, only to be able to return my PBEM turns, then realising I need a new patch, which is all fine, but MY SERIAL IS ON MY OTHER PC.

So I have the game, I have the patch, I have 6 turns waiting in my Inbox, but I can't play cause I have NO serial at hand? Ridicolous.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 14
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 4:20:40 PM   
wild_Willie2

I have my serial on my PC, on my external HD AND in mail mailbox...

This way I always have my serial

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 15
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 4:24:45 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

I have my serial on my PC, on my external HD AND in mail mailbox...

This way I always have my serial

Yea I could have learmed by now to tatoo all serials for all Matrix games I play on some private part of my body.

"What's that weird tatoo darling?"

"Oh that's number of people I killed while serving with 7th Mercenary Batallion, or number of women I slept with or something...."

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 16
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 4:46:28 PM   
Nikademus

Oleg's a cranky boy.....

Post #: 17
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 5:00:08 PM   
ckk

Very very good guys

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 18
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 6:34:02 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Nice. Thanks guys.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 19
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 6:39:53 PM   
Mike Solli

Thanks, guys.  Your hard work is much appreciated by all.

Now the next question:  What are you guys thinking about/working on now?  **Note that I did not ask when such work will be posted.  I'm just curious as to what you guys are thinking about (if anything).**

Thanks.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 20
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 6:43:12 PM   
Wolfpack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

Why oh why the damn install utility asks for my serial number EACH AND EVERY TIME. This is like twelfth patch for WITP or something, what's the point? Anti piracy measures? Gimme a break!

I have WITP installed on 3 PCs, one of them laptop I use when travelling. Imagine joys of going thru hassle to get WLAN or the road, on some conference or some stupid hotel working, only to be able to return my PBEM turns, then realising I need a new patch, which is all fine, but MY SERIAL IS ON MY OTHER PC.

So I have the game, I have the patch, I have 6 turns waiting in my Inbox, but I can't play cause I have NO serial at hand? Ridicolous.

Your serial number is available on every machine the game is installed on. I just can't tell you how to get it. I really don't want Matrix to be mad at me. You don't need the sn recovery tool matrix has available but that is the official way to recover it.

Post #: 21
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 6:46:15 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Oleg's a cranky boy.....

Who looks like a girl...

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 22
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 6:51:34 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Oleg's a cranky boy.....

Who looks like a girl...

and a pretty one at that.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 6:53:26 PM   
sprior

Thanks guys. Eniewetok was driving me to distraction...

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 24
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 7:00:14 PM   
mantill

quote:

I have WITP installed on 3 PCs, one of them laptop I use when travelling. Imagine joys of going thru hassle to get WLAN or the road, on some conference or some stupid hotel working, only to be able to return my PBEM turns, then realising I need a new patch, which is all fine, but MY SERIAL IS ON MY OTHER PC.

Oleg, your witp serial no. is stored in your registry, as is everybodys. Open Start then hit Run and type in regedit, hit return. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Matrix Games/War in the Pacific. You will find your serial number listed there.

As a warning to all, altering the wrong entries in your registry can kill your computer stone dead so don't mess around in there unless you know what you are doing.

Post #: 25
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 7:09:19 PM   
bradfordkay

I think that using the "type in serial number upon patching" is a reasonable system for copy protect. In my case, my laptop has had an optical drive failure, and so no game which requires the disk to be in the drive can be played (which is okay, because we all know that WITP is the most important game on our systems). I can continue to play WITP, because Matrix was nice enough to give us a system which does not require the disk to be in the drive. Thanks, Matrix, some of us really appreciate that effort.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to mantill)
Post #: 26
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/24/2006 7:51:14 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Thanks guys. Eniewetok was driving me to distraction...

And thanks to you for sending us the save that made it easy for us to nail !!!

AE Project Lead

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 27
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/25/2006 1:01:10 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I think that using the "type in serial number upon patching" is a reasonable system for copy protect. In my case, my laptop has had an optical drive failure, and so no game which requires the disk to be in the drive can be played (which is okay, because we all know that WITP is the most important game on our systems). I can continue to play WITP, because Matrix was nice enough to give us a system which does not require the disk to be in the drive. Thanks, Matrix, some of us really appreciate that effort.

I respectfully disagree. As noted, the serial number is in the registry, and there's a sticky thread where Matrix has provided a simple program to retrieve it. Instead of having me run the program, get the number, and transcribe it, why can't the installer look in the registry itself for a valid SN#? That would be no more or less secure.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 28
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/25/2006 1:05:35 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I respectfully disagree. As noted, the serial number is in the registry, and there's a sticky thread where Matrix has provided a simple program to retrieve it. Instead of having me run the program, get the number, and transcribe it, why can't the installer look in the registry itself for a valid SN#? That would be no more or less secure.

I second the post from erstad. nothing special about that.

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 29
RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! - 10/25/2006 1:16:27 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Oleg, I believe this is very very good meassure to kill every leaked serial number!

With games that have numerous patches (and improvements) - like WitP - the legitimacy is almost 100% safe with the method Matrix is using because every leaked serial number is simply blacklisted in installer and only people with legitimate serial numbers are allowed to install the latest patch(es).

IMHO this is best way to do protection and at the same time don't bother users to, for example, keep original game CD in CD/DVD drive all time...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.
I don't think that there are illegitimate WitP users ther at all!

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI