nevermind

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

YohanTM2

nevermind

Post by YohanTM2 »

forgot I ever asked about Going Gold
Ursa MAior

RE: Going Gold

Post by Ursa MAior »

Same here.
Art by the amazing Dixie
Alan_Bernardo

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

ORIGINAL: Yohan

Any idea on when you are going gold?

Need to put the wife on notice and kiss the children good bye.

The way things are going, and how it's been nearly two weeks since the "any day" now proclamation, I'd say your marriage is safe for the next decade or so. Start saving up for college for the kids.

Alanb
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

IN the name of the believers thx for the optimisim.
Art by the amazing Dixie
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Hey guys:

Patience! It's only been 3-4 years in the making LOL. I don't think I ever said "any day now" before so we have to be closer than ever! I'm even excited to be posting on the main forum now. You must know that something is coming soon...

Thank you
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

Cant wait to see! [:D]

I am checking in in every 5 hours, in hopes of good news.
Art by the amazing Dixie
Alan_Bernardo

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

Patience! It's only been 3-4 years in the making LOL. I don't think I ever said "any day now" before so we have to be closer than ever! I'm even excited to be posting on the main forum now. You must know that something is coming soon...

Thank you

It was this quote (not by you) that led me to believe that EiA was days away:

We're in the final stages of testing and have a few graphical touch-ups to do then we'll be ready. I'm telling you this because I feel that our release is very close! I cannot tell you in terms of days but our testing is actually ramping down a bit. We're finishing our PBEM testing as we speak.

But no matter. Take the time to get it right. I'll wait for as long as it takes, or until death do me part. :)

Alanb
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo
I'm telling you this because I feel that our release is very close! I cannot tell you in terms of days but our testing is actually ramping down a bit. We're finishing our PBEM testing as we speak.

Alan you seem to have a problem with the understanding of complex english texts.
Art by the amazing Dixie
YohanTM2

Post by YohanTM2 »

It would be great if it shows in the next month, hopefully before Christmas!!
YohanTM2

Post by YohanTM2 »

Hey guys:

Thank you

Just happy you are back on the boards Marshall
Alan_Bernardo

Post by Alan_Bernardo »

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior
I'm telling you this because I feel that our release is very close! I cannot tell you in terms of days but our testing is actually ramping down a bit. We're finishing our PBEM testing as we speak.

Alan you seem to have a problem with the understanding of complex english texts.

No, I don't think so, smart man. In "terms of days" implies pretty soon, when compared to "in terms of weeks", wouldn't you think? And "very close", in America at least, means within a week at least. The phrases "in terms of days" (forget the "cannot" part, as it really doesn't enter into anyone's thinking) and "very close" does appear to mean within more time than two weeks.

But as I said before, I'm a patient person. I'll wait. Still, I had to respond to your post, since you had to be so nasty in your response. You can now return to writing your dissertation.

Alanb
Joisey

Post by Joisey »

Hey guys:

Thank you

Ah, there's that word again...."soon" HaHa...LOL! [:D]
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

No, I don't think so, smart man. In "terms of days" implies pretty soon, when compared to "in terms of weeks", wouldn't you think? And "very close", in America at least, means within a week at least. The phrases "in terms of days" (forget the "cannot" part, as it really doesn't enter into anyone's thinking) and "very close" does appear to mean within more time than two weeks.

But as I said before, I'm a patient person. I'll wait. Still, I had to respond to your post, since you had to be so nasty in your response. You can now return to writing your dissertation.

Alanb

Well even though I am not a native speaker there is a difference between any day and terms of days.

Anyway I did not mean to be picky on you, but I have had enough of people popping out of nothing and talking about delays, putting even more pressure on the dev team. IMO negative and unjustified critism can wreak havoc on one's motivation, and this is something we -the players to be waiting since years- dont need at all.

Art by the amazing Dixie
Murat

Post by Murat »

Well even though I am not a native speaker there is a difference between any day and terms of days.

Anyway I did not mean to be picky on you, but I have had enough of people popping out of nothing and talking about delays, putting even more pressure on the dev team. IMO negative and unjustified critism can wreak havoc on one's motivation, and this is something we -the players to be waiting since years- dont need at all.

I agree. But "terms of days" does mean within DAYS not weeks nor months nor years. And in this case the criticisms are not unjustified. This is the 4th Christmas in a row that we have had this line fed to us - it's just not flying any more.
ktotwf

Post by ktotwf »

Hey, theres no need for that kind of a response. Matrix Games doesn't owe you jack. When the game is ready, its ready, and you can plop down your 40 bucks.

Until then, be patient.
"Just because you can argue better doesn't make you right."
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

LOL this game has been in development for like BLOODY AEONS.

Personally I can remember at least 4-5 times I've seen "any days now guys!" posts on this board, nitpicking about terms aside. OK perhaps it was "any week now!" but considering some of those messages were posted like YEARS ago one is entitled to make jokes [:D] I for one laughed out loud at Alan's first remark "your marriage is safe for the next decade or so" [:D][:D]
Ursa MAior

Post by Ursa MAior »

With all respect do you want to wait another AEON fro this game to be ready just cuz some smart people laid unnecessary pressure on the publisher and/or the developer? I for my part definitely no.
Art by the amazing Dixie
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

With all respect do you want to wait another AEON fro this game to be ready just cuz some smart people laid unnecessary pressure on the publisher and/or the developer? I for my part definitely no.

Depends on your definition of "unnecessary pressure". I may not know many things about life, but, being a journalist/editor I know a thing or two about deadlines, as we journalists live and die by the deadline

Thus, my advice to the devs is:

a) Pay no attention to any outside pressure (customers, forums etc).

b) Do not give any false hopes and/or promises.

Having observed EiA board for years I must say we visitors were led to believe game is "just around the corner" far too many times through the years (YEARS I said). Again, I am experienced enough to know when to believe to such "announcements" but not all people are. I found Alan's comment to be truely funny.
scout1

Post by scout1 »

Oleg,

I don;t care whether I agree with you or not, just keep posting as I REALLY like your avatar [:D]
1LTRambo

Post by 1LTRambo »

Let's see, I've been gone for a while and thought this game might have been released by now.
Not to be overly negative, because I will get it as soon as it is released, but any day now can still be a very long time. After all, it has been 4 years.
So this is how I see it, "any week now" has translated into 208 weeks. Therefore, "any day now" will translate into 6 months (just in time for my birthday).[:D]
Matthew T. Rambo

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”