Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

nevermind

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> nevermind Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
nevermind - 10/14/2006 10:10:38 PM   
Yohan

forgot I ever asked about Going Gold

< Message edited by Yohan -- 11/30/2006 11:13:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Going Gold - 10/14/2006 11:38:06 PM   
Ursa MAior

Same here.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Yohan)
Post #: 2
RE: Going Gold - 10/15/2006 4:50:05 AM   
Alan_Bernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yohan

Any idea on when you are going gold?

Need to put the wife on notice and kiss the children good bye.

The way things are going, and how it's been nearly two weeks since the "any day" now proclamation, I'd say your marriage is safe for the next decade or so. Start saving up for college for the kids.

Alanb

(in reply to Yohan)
Post #: 3
RE: Going Gold - 10/15/2006 10:28:56 AM   
Ursa MAior

IN the name of the believers thx for the optimisim.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Alan_Bernardo)
Post #: 4
RE: Going Gold - 10/15/2006 5:26:20 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

Patience! It's only been 3-4 years in the making LOL. I don't think I ever said "any day now" before so we have to be closer than ever! I'm even excited to be posting on the main forum now. You must know that something is coming soon...

Thank you

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 5
RE: Going Gold - 10/15/2006 5:43:28 PM   
Ursa MAior

Cant wait to see!

I am checking in in every 5 hours, in hopes of good news.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 6
RE: Going Gold - 10/15/2006 9:27:00 PM   
Alan_Bernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

Patience! It's only been 3-4 years in the making LOL. I don't think I ever said "any day now" before so we have to be closer than ever! I'm even excited to be posting on the main forum now. You must know that something is coming soon...

Thank you

It was this quote (not by you) that led me to believe that EiA was days away:

quote:

We're in the final stages of testing and have a few graphical touch-ups to do then we'll be ready. I'm telling you this because I feel that our release is very close! I cannot tell you in terms of days but our testing is actually ramping down a bit. We're finishing our PBEM testing as we speak.

But no matter. Take the time to get it right. I'll wait for as long as it takes, or until death do me part. :)

Alanb

Post #: 7
RE: Going Gold - 10/15/2006 10:49:26 PM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo
I'm telling you this because I feel that our release is very close! I cannot tell you in terms of days but our testing is actually ramping down a bit. We're finishing our PBEM testing as we speak.

Alan you seem to have a problem with the understanding of complex english texts.

< Message edited by Ursa MAior -- 10/15/2006 10:56:05 PM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 8
RE: Going Gold - 10/15/2006 10:53:10 PM   
Yohan

It would be great if it shows in the next month, hopefully before Christmas!!

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 9
RE: Going Gold - 10/16/2006 12:27:25 AM   
Yohan

quote:

Hey guys:

Thank you

Just happy you are back on the boards Marshall

Post #: 10
RE: Going Gold - 10/16/2006 2:43:46 AM   
Alan_Bernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

quote:

I'm telling you this because I feel that our release is very close! I cannot tell you in terms of days but our testing is actually ramping down a bit. We're finishing our PBEM testing as we speak.

Alan you seem to have a problem with the understanding of complex english texts.

No, I don't think so, smart man. In "terms of days" implies pretty soon, when compared to "in terms of weeks", wouldn't you think? And "very close", in America at least, means within a week at least. The phrases "in terms of days" (forget the "cannot" part, as it really doesn't enter into anyone's thinking) and "very close" does appear to mean within more time than two weeks.

But as I said before, I'm a patient person. I'll wait. Still, I had to respond to your post, since you had to be so nasty in your response. You can now return to writing your dissertation.

Alanb

< Message edited by Alan_Bernardo -- 10/16/2006 2:47:26 AM >

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 11
RE: Going Gold - 10/16/2006 5:34:48 AM   
Joisey

quote:

Hey guys:

Thank you

Ah, there's that word again...."soon" HaHa...LOL!

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Post #: 12
RE: Going Gold - 10/16/2006 7:06:53 AM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

No, I don't think so, smart man. In "terms of days" implies pretty soon, when compared to "in terms of weeks", wouldn't you think? And "very close", in America at least, means within a week at least. The phrases "in terms of days" (forget the "cannot" part, as it really doesn't enter into anyone's thinking) and "very close" does appear to mean within more time than two weeks.

But as I said before, I'm a patient person. I'll wait. Still, I had to respond to your post, since you had to be so nasty in your response. You can now return to writing your dissertation.

Alanb

Well even though I am not a native speaker there is a difference between any day and terms of days.

Anyway I did not mean to be picky on you, but I have had enough of people popping out of nothing and talking about delays, putting even more pressure on the dev team. IMO negative and unjustified critism can wreak havoc on one's motivation, and this is something we -the players to be waiting since years- dont need at all.

Art by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 13
RE: Going Gold - 11/5/2006 4:32:20 AM   
Murat

quote:

Well even though I am not a native speaker there is a difference between any day and terms of days.

Anyway I did not mean to be picky on you, but I have had enough of people popping out of nothing and talking about delays, putting even more pressure on the dev team. IMO negative and unjustified critism can wreak havoc on one's motivation, and this is something we -the players to be waiting since years- dont need at all.

I agree. But "terms of days" does mean within DAYS not weeks nor months nor years. And in this case the criticisms are not unjustified. This is the 4th Christmas in a row that we have had this line fed to us - it's just not flying any more.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 14
RE: Going Gold - 11/5/2006 8:17:08 AM   
ktotwf

Hey, theres no need for that kind of a response. Matrix Games doesn't owe you jack. When the game is ready, its ready, and you can plop down your 40 bucks.

Until then, be patient.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 15
RE: Going Gold - 11/5/2006 9:04:30 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

LOL this game has been in development for like BLOODY AEONS.

Personally I can remember at least 4-5 times I've seen "any days now guys!" posts on this board, nitpicking about terms aside. OK perhaps it was "any week now!" but considering some of those messages were posted like YEARS ago one is entitled to make jokes I for one laughed out loud at Alan's first remark "your marriage is safe for the next decade or so"

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 16
RE: Going Gold - 11/5/2006 8:44:04 PM   
Ursa MAior

With all respect do you want to wait another AEON fro this game to be ready just cuz some smart people laid unnecessary pressure on the publisher and/or the developer? I for my part definitely no.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 17
RE: Going Gold - 11/5/2006 9:24:46 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

With all respect do you want to wait another AEON fro this game to be ready just cuz some smart people laid unnecessary pressure on the publisher and/or the developer? I for my part definitely no.

Depends on your definition of "unnecessary pressure". I may not know many things about life, but, being a journalist/editor I know a thing or two about deadlines, as we journalists live and die by the deadline

Thus, my advice to the devs is:

a) Pay no attention to any outside pressure (customers, forums etc).

b) Do not give any false hopes and/or promises.

Having observed EiA board for years I must say we visitors were led to believe game is "just around the corner" far too many times through the years (YEARS I said). Again, I am experienced enough to know when to believe to such "announcements" but not all people are. I found Alan's comment to be truely funny.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 18
RE: Going Gold - 11/6/2006 12:45:53 AM   
scout1

Oleg,

I don;t care whether I agree with you or not, just keep posting as I REALLY like your avatar

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 19
RE: Going Gold - 11/6/2006 4:58:59 AM   
1LTRambo

Let's see, I've been gone for a while and thought this game might have been released by now.
Not to be overly negative, because I will get it as soon as it is released, but any day now can still be a very long time. After all, it has been 4 years.
So this is how I see it, "any week now" has translated into 208 weeks. Therefore, "any day now" will translate into 6 months (just in time for my birthday).

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 20
RE: Going Gold - 11/6/2006 5:00:19 AM   
1LTRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

Oleg,

I don;t care whether I agree with you or not, just keep posting as I REALLY like your avatar

Hey Oleg!
Who is that in your avatar anyways?

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 21
RE: Going Gold - 11/7/2006 12:16:03 AM   
Murat

quote:

ORIGINAL: ktotwf

Hey, theres no need for that kind of a response. Matrix Games doesn't owe you jack. When the game is ready, its ready, and you can plop down your 40 bucks.

Until then, be patient.

Really? Matrix Games doesn't owe me jack? Are you saying they should be able to blow off their customers and provide no support or accurate info? They should be allowed to lie about things like release dates to the extent that Game Stop will not even carry their games anymore (3 locations told me they could special order them but otherwise they were KMA about Matrix)? Wow, guess you must work for them. If you look at my other posts, I support Marshall for taking over and I feel bad that he has not had better luck in a CS role than he has but he is 1 person and wants to give us EIA and overstates the readiness at times. I do not have any warm fuzzies for Matrix though who has thoroughly botched the handling of this (and several other projects). Most of the devs here are doing good work and will get rewarded for their projects (Some rely on former glory and release crap like World at War). I have even suggested a funding option through investors in the projects. Matrix may not owe me jack, but I am not buying jack from them unless I am absolutely sure it is a good product (most likely just EIA and then never again).

< Message edited by Murat -- 11/7/2006 12:19:34 AM >

(in reply to ktotwf)
Post #: 22
RE: Going Gold - 11/7/2006 8:46:26 AM   
mpa541

Hey guys,

don't forget that the actual 1805-1815 period of the game is 10 years....the Dev team still has 4-5 years of time left!

(in reply to Yohan)
Post #: 23
RE: Going Gold - 11/7/2006 7:16:26 PM   
carnifex

quote:

Really? Matrix Games doesn't owe me jack?

The culture of entitlement brings forth another victim.   You know, you should get a grip and get some perspective.   You're complaing about a computer game for christsake.  You might as well be spewing invective that Crest promised you the New Minty Fresh flavor last Christmas and then reneged on it.  

(in reply to mpa541)
Post #: 24
RE: Going Gold - 11/7/2006 8:57:10 PM   
Vyshka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

quote:

ORIGINAL: ktotwf

Until then, be patient.

Really? Matrix Games doesn't owe me jack? Are you saying they should be able to blow off their customers and provide no support or accurate info? They should be allowed to lie about things like release dates to the extent that Game Stop will not even carry their games anymore (3 locations told me they could special order them but otherwise they were KMA about Matrix)? Wow, guess you must work for them. If you look at my other posts, I support Marshall for taking over and I feel bad that he has not had better luck in a CS role than he has but he is 1 person and wants to give us EIA and overstates the readiness at times. I do not have any warm fuzzies for Matrix though who has thoroughly botched the handling of this (and several other projects). Most of the devs here are doing good work and will get rewarded for their projects (Some rely on former glory and release crap like World at War). I have even suggested a funding option through investors in the projects. Matrix may not owe me jack, but I am not buying jack from them unless I am absolutely sure it is a good product (most likely just EIA and then never again).

To be fair Gamestop, and EB don't have most titles in the stores any more. They are focused on the console market and have been for a couple of years now. It has little to do with Matrix or other publishers and more to do with the fact that the shelf space gives them a better return when used for console as opposed to PC games. Best Buy has also begun to seriously cut down on their PC game section.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 25
RE: Going Gold - 11/7/2006 9:00:25 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

quote:

The culture of entitlement brings forth another victim. You know, you should get a grip and get some perspective. You're complaing about a computer game for christsake. You might as well be spewing invective that Crest promised you the New Minty Fresh flavor last Christmas and then reneged on it.

Crest does not announce the impendmg release of their product 2 1/2 years before actual release.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 26
RE: Going Gold - 11/7/2006 9:38:26 PM   
ktotwf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murat

No, they don't owe you anything. The fact that it has been so traumatizing waiting for a historical computer game leads me to suggest that you find a more rewarding lifestyle (get out and meet people maybe), instead of trying to start teenage girl-esque drama on a message board.

Instead of whining and pouting, take action. Don't buy EIA if you care that much about it. Teach Matrix a lesson. More importantly, spare us from your bitching.

< Message edited by ktotwf -- 11/7/2006 9:43:37 PM >

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 27
RE: Going Gold - 11/8/2006 4:08:12 AM   
denisonh

Like you have time between WitP and beta testing other games to actually PLAY this game when it is released
quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

quote:

quote:

The culture of entitlement brings forth another victim. You know, you should get a grip and get some perspective. You're complaing about a computer game for christsake. You might as well be spewing invective that Crest promised you the New Minty Fresh flavor last Christmas and then reneged on it.

Crest does not announce the impendmg release of their product 2 1/2 years before actual release.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 28
RE: Going Gold - 11/9/2006 12:58:00 AM   
coregames

quote:

Murat:

...I am not buying jack from them unless I am absolutely sure it is a good product (most likely just EIA and then never again).

I believe success for this product, once released, does not depend on whether or not you buy this or any other Matrix offering. It will sell to long-time fans of the game as well as to computer wargamers looking for an intense new challenge.

I am very patient in waiting for this, because I enjoy playing Empires in Arms over the board. Perhaps if you did that to tide you over, you wouldn't be so negative about this stuff.

< Message edited by coregames -- 11/9/2006 1:01:38 AM >

"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 29
RE: Going Gold - 11/9/2006 3:56:22 AM   
Joisey

quote:

ORIGINAL: denisonh

Like you have time between WitP and beta testing other games to actually PLAY this game when it is released
quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

quote:

quote:

When does War in the Pacific come out?

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

(in reply to denisonh)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> nevermind Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI