Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/19/2006 4:03:26 AM   
Paul Vebber

Its been a long season and we are down to the Final pairings in each of the three Matrix Fantasy Baseball leagues!

In the Weekly league The Guzzinators were the class of the league ending the season 170-121-17, with Prostitude MCSH close behind at 166-118 - 24. THe rest of the field was at least 22 games behind. I was 4th at a misable 138-154-16 behind the USS America Orioles at 145-140-23, bt I managed a 10-3 drubbing of the the 121-181-26 77th Fighter Sentai in the first round and followed up with a startling 8-4 upset of the Guzzinators. USS America Orioles did in the 120-166-22 Tornados 9-5 and followed up with their own big upset of Prostidude MCSH 11-2.

So its my Red Sawks against the USS America Orioles for all the marbles!

The Matrix Basic Lead my Red Sawks have lead pretty much wire to wire with a 130-73-17 record. The other top 4 spots were very competitive with Tornadoes at 116-86-18 edging out Texans at 114-86-20 and Aces at 112-88-20 for the first round bye. The race for the other two playoff spots was similarly tense with Merrils Marauders at 105-108-7 and Prostidude MCSH at 98-106-16 breaking from the others in that pack, Generals at 95-105-20 and Minosgame Warriors at 94-109-17. It was a classic finish goig down to the last week and only .004 % points decing the nd bye and .005 % points deciding who got in the playoffs. The fierce competition continued in the first round as Aces beat out Merrill's Marauders with a 1 run advantage (32-31) and getting a tie in stolen bases (5-5) to eeeeck out a 5-4 win. In the other first round machup Texans ground out a 7-3 win over Prostidude MCSH. In the 2nd round, a tense matchup between Texans and favored Tornados It was nip and tuck as both teams battled until Texans won a much less lopsided matchup than the 6-2 score indicated - Stolen bases and wins being ties - one more in each for Tornados would have turned the tide! My Red Sawks battles with Aces started close, but 4 of 5 offensive categories made up for my poor pitching results to get a 6-4 lead and advance to my 2nd final against the dangerous Texans.

The Matrix Pro league saw Aces dominate with a 277-200-51 mark. I languished as ow as 5th at one point IIRC, but worked my way up to 2nd and what I thought was a bye with a 12 game advantage over Gizmo Flyers (260-230-38) with one week to go. Unfortunately my Red Sawks (254-2277-47) collapsed nearly as bad as their real life counterparts, and much faster As I was decimated the same week Gizmo Flyers skyrocketed and I lost my first round bye - I was very nearly over taken by the 248-222-58 Mogami Flying Circus! Prostidude MCSH at 236-239-53 and Chinansky' Chumps at 232-238-58 rounded out the playoffs. The first found in these playoffs saw some of the most intense competition I've seen! In the Prostidude MCSH v Mogami Flying Circus, It was Protidude on offense taking 9 of 11 categories - all except ground into double playes and errors. TOTAL offensive ominance. But Mogami FC maintained a lock on the 4 key pitching stats ( ERA, WHIP, K/BB and K/9) and appeared to get a freebie with 2 complete games. 4 saves and giving up only 3 Stolen bases kept MFC hopes alive. Prostidue Got complete game, and got 5 ins to MFC 4, but suffered 2 uncharacteristic loses by Greg Maddox to fall behind there. Ties at 9-9 in HRs and neither player getting any holds resulted in an 11-11 tie - resulting in the higher seed advancing. In my matchup with the Chumps, I fell behind early - a lot! I made a couple tweaks that got me over the top in hits and managed to tie RBI 33-33. I fell only 1 shy in total bases 106-105. That could be the nail in my coffin - ONE of over 100 TB... My pitching staff had heavy edges in the four pitching stats, like MFC in the other first round game, 1 managed only 1 hold, but it was enough, and needed only 1 save to tie Chups meager 2, but ould not get it. My attempts to get wins and some poor reliever play (mike Timlin ) had me 4 losses to chumps 1, but 5 wins to his 3. It looked grim I was down 13-10 gointo the final day, and it would be a freak strike of lighning - THe last day Robbie Cano grounds into TWO DPs and Edgar Renteria and Gary Mathews, Jr ground into 1 each to turn my 5-4 loss in GIDP into an 8-5 victory getting my the 11-11 tie and into he 2nd round by the skin of my teeth!

Aces cruised over Mogami Flying Circus 15-8 while I had another BRUTAL match up with Gizmo Flyers. I got off to a good start, but Gizmo hung in there closing to striking distance by the week end making so many moves on a daily basis that they kept scroling off teh front page (14 in all in a week!). Gizmos Pitching was dominant stats wise, but I made some desperation moves and caught Sal Torres on a tear geting 4 saves and got key streaks by Frank Thomas, former Red Sox top prospect Hanley Ramirez and Rhode Islands own phenom Rocko Baldelli to just keep my head above water with a slumping David Ortiz, Miguel Tejada and Brian McCann. Gizmos moves started doing more hrm than good, with Wily Mo Pena getting two errors in one game on one occasion and suffering some bad luck with a key Red Sox Yankees game being rained out and losing Albert Pujols in a Rain out on Sunday... Down by two wins, he picked up Chacin and Duke - I responded with Meche. When I played Meche, Giz backed off and left his new aquisitions on the bench. A blown save by A Heilmann Sat night turned loss broke the 1-1 tie in the loss column, giving Gizmo a crucial win I could not undo - I had a two win ead, so he must have figured better to take the sure gain the loss column than risk trying to get two wins. A good move as Mece won for me and only one of his two cquisitions would have won. This sort of CRUCIAL managment decisionmaking played the whole series with me leaving Timlin on the bench to pass up a save, then playing him only to have him give up a 3 run HR then I pass up another save oportunity in the saturday DH only to finaly get another save from hi on Sunday. I also made the wrong decision between McCann and Jason Kendall at catcher. But a big Sunday got me over the top and I pulled out a 14-10 win to get into all three finals!!!

Good luck to USS America Orioles, Texans, and Aces! Win and you get the free game! But I'll be defending STRONG!!

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 9/19/2006 4:05:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/19/2006 5:12:12 AM   
Chuck2

Ouch. Good game!

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/19/2006 7:48:37 AM   
TexHorns

Thanks Paul! It's been a fun and interesting season. Liriano on the DL really hurts. Hopefully the kids will keep hitting for one more week.

Good Luck!

Tom
Texans

Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/19/2006 2:25:05 PM   
Sarge

Thanks Paul,

Lot of fun

(in reply to TexHorns)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/19/2006 3:19:20 PM   
USS America

This has been a blast for me all year. I'm in two football leagues, and I'm still much more interested in my baseball league.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/19/2006 5:48:37 PM   
Paul Vebber

Just a friendly reminder - the finals go TWO WEEKS - don't do like I did one year and think that I had it won after the first week - only to find out I had lost in the end by ignoring my team teh 2nd week!

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/19/2006 10:39:29 PM   
TexHorns

Thanks for the reminder. Good to know I have two weeks to try and overcome the pitiful pitching in last nights Dodger/Padre game.

Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/28/2006 2:19:54 PM   
Paul Vebber

AS teh Matrix baseball finals appraoch their final week end we have some real barnburners!

In the Matrix classic my Red Sawks are tied with Texans 5-5 I am in good shape in wins 7-2 and ERA 3.22 to 5.34, but Texans owns BA 342 to 314 and Ks 84 to 67, with the rest stil up for grabs. Texans has a 58-57 lead in runs, I have a significant but vulnerable 18-15 lead in Homers and 55-53 lead in RBI. Texans has a 6-4 ead in stolen bses and an 8-7 margin in saves. I have a decent but not comfortable lead in WHIP 1.23 to 1.49. This one is shaping up to go down to the late games Sunday! I am higher seed and will win a 5-5 tie. I have Freddy Garcia and Eric Bedard pitching tomorrow and Brandon Webb on sunday. Texans has Brad Penny tonight, Matt cain on Sat and Jason schmidt and woody Williams on Sunday. His Bullpen is Hoffman, Duchscher, Putz, Zumaya and Linebrink, mine is Saito, Borowski, Torres, Stanton and Timlin.

In the Pro league I have been inching my lead ahead - now a 16-7 margin over Aces, who has good leads in 5 categories, Runs 69-58, Stolen Bases 11-5, Losses 4-8, Holds 9 -2 and K/9 7.95 to 7.23. I have decent margins in 7 categories Hits 122-110, RBI 71-54, Total bases 224-202, BA 321-301, Innings 113.1 to 103, wins 8-4 saves 6-2. But that still leaves a lot room for Aces, however with me vulnerable in HR up 23-20, Hitter Ks 62-64 and errors 5-6 on the offensive side, and on teh pitching side I'm vulnerable in Pitcher allowed stolen bases 7-8 ERA and WHIP 1.33 to 1.40. Tougher but possible to catch are my 405 to 384 OBP and 589 to 552 SLG, and 4.21 to 4.54 ERA leads and my complete game from Carpenter last week. We are tied in pitcher allowed HRs. Movement on 4 of the close categories and taking HRS would me a shift from 16-7 to 12-12. Aces is teh higher seed and wold win a 12-12 tie! I have Garcia and Bedard in this like too, and Carpenter and Myers on sunday. Aces has Capuano Friday and Sheets and Felix Hernandez on Saturday and Willis on Sunday. His Bulpen features jenks, Otsuka, Wainwright, Zumaya and Linebrink. Mine has Francisco Cordero, Torres, Sct Proctor, Mike Stanton, Timlin and Joe Kennedy.

In the Weekly lead I have an 8-5 lead over the USS America oriles 8-5 with Offensive domination 66-53 in Runs, 21-13 in Homers, 72-55 in RBI, 11-1 in stolen bases, 226 -170 total bases, 349 to 287 in AVG adn 1.014 - 784 in OPS. USS America Orioles has teh big pitching edge 10-5 in saves and 5-1 in holds, 3.45 to 1.61 in K/BB and 8.88 - 6.49 in K/9. I have whittled away hi ERA lead and now I have a god but ardly safe lead in ERA 5-19 to 5.61 and we are tied with a meager 2 wins each. The Orioles are the higher seed so he will win a 7-7 tie. Its going to come down to pitching as it will require a real miracle to make up offensive category. i have ervin Santanan and Boof Bonser (luv that name ;) on Firday, and Matt Cain on sat and jason Schmidt Sunday - i lost Randy Johnson who will sit out his last start. Orioles have Lackey and Penny tonight, Bronson Arroyo on Sat and carpenter on sunday. His bullpen is Wagner , hofman, Saito and Linebrink. Mine is Borowski, Francisco Rodriguez, Torres and Ray.

Good luc this week end!

I MUST DEFEND THIS HOUSE!!!

Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/29/2006 7:47:00 AM   
TexHorns

So Paul who do you pull for when Cain and Schmidt pitch? Penny was aweful tonight and continues the steady decline in Texan pitching in this series. Looks like my bats and bullpen will have to win it.

Higher seed wins? Let's at least have a coin flip! Heads I win, tails you lose.

Good Luck.

Tom

Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/29/2006 4:24:52 PM   
Paul Vebber

HIgher seed makes the regular season important! Its like Wrestling - you have to TAKE the belt you can' win it on a DQ or Count - out. But we'll see, maybe we will have to go to predicting playoff winners its "too close" ;)

In cases where i have two pitchers going agaisnt each other i root for a low scoring pitchers duel wth lots of Ks that one wins and the other gets a no decision...

Well I made a potentially crucial blunder, forgeting to modify my lineup in the Basic league and left 3 Runs, 2 RIs and a homer riding the pine. I could have passed Texans in runs where I trail 59-58 and extended ny 18-16 and 59-54 leads in HR and RBI. I closed the gap to 1 in stolen bases at 7-8. Leaving Anderson and Wells on the bench may have heped me drop in average as despite teh production, they went 1/4 and 1/5 respectively. Te BA differential has colsed a bit to 336 - 313 - still a big lead this late for texans. His K lead is likely unassailable at 87-67, but my ERA is similarly strong at 3.22 to 5.56. My WHIP lead has increased to 1.23 - 1.56, but that can shift more quickly than ERA when a pitcher gets into numerous ams, but doesn't give up runs...Bedard has been REALLY bad in that, but Garcia has struggled with it too and they pitch for me tonight! Fortunately Bedard is going aginst my poor pitiful Red Sox...so I'm hopeful for 10 Ks ;)

In the Pro league Aces gained a stat with my staff giving up a HR but at 14-13 is sill up for grabs. Aces still owns Runs 76-66, SBs 11-6 and GIDP 5-10. My hits lead eroded a little to 131-121, but my RBI lead is 75-56 and Total Bases 238-220. My HR lead is down to 24-22, and BA lead down to 314 - 305 and OBP has slimmed to 400 - 386 and my SLG lead has dropped to 571 - 554. My lead in hitter Ks swelled to 68-73. errors are up for grabs - I hold a 7-8 advantage. My 8-4 wins lead is likely safe, as is Aces 4-8 lead in losses. My COmplete game is a bonus - but its not out of the question he could get one. My 6-2 Save lead will be tough, but not impossible to catch. My Era lead is 4.25 to 4.54 and 1.33 to 1.40 WHIP stayed the same. Aces K/BB lead is 3.14 - 3.07 is far more vulnerable than his7.95 to 7.4 K/9 margin. Pitcher allowed HRs is 13-14 aces and SB are 7-8 to me so those are up for grabs and Aces 9-2 holds lead will stand as I gave up on my Hold pitchers for closers to keep my 6-2 saves lead. So as of now aces has 6 categories pretty much locked up, i have 8 maybe 9 leaving 9 or 10 still up for grabs! ITs going tobe an exciting final weekend! This one s FAR closer than the 16-8 score appears!

In the the weekly league - Utley, Cano and Laou have powered me to BIG offensive wins. with thre days left its going to equire a collapse of Red Soxian proprotion for me to surrender any ofensive categories. Losing Nomar has realy hurt the Orioles and Atkins has been single handly keping the Orioles situation fom being hopeles. Down 66-58 in Runs, and 72-61 in RBI a few big games could conceivably close those gaps, but my 21-13 HR lead, 13-1 in SB, 231-181 in Total Bases, 340-288 in BA, and 978-778 OPS are pretty much locks. Orioles 10-6 saves lead and 5-1 Holds lead is stong, as is the 3.83 to 1.59 K/BB and 9.52 - 6.3 K/9. THis leaves the 3-2 Oriole leads in Wins, 1.38 - 1.42 lead in WHIP and my 5.12 to 5.38 lead in ERA the critical stats going into theweekend. Orioles has Arroyo and Carpenter left. I have E. Santana and Bonser tonight M Cain on Saturday and Schmidt on Sunday, and we are locked in for he week - so there is no holding pichers out, or slotting more in. So I have 5 stats wrapped offensively and good leads in two. Orioles has 4 pitching stats with marginal leads in 2 - Since a tie goes to the higher seeded Orioles - The best case for the Os is to hold what they got and hope my ERA goes south with my 4 remaining starts! Stealling Runs or RBIs - even getting a tie would be a deestating blow for me. I have to hope i can steal wins back in my 4-2 starter advantage, and hold onto my meager ERA lead, and or steal WHIP back - that way a loss of 1 offensive stat category would not be doom. A tougher road to victory for Orioles - the 8-6 lead here is actually more secure than my 16-8 lead in the Pro lague - but I'm not celebraing yet!!

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 9/29/2006 4:28:16 PM >

(in reply to TexHorns)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 9/30/2006 8:51:39 PM   
Paul Vebber

2 days left in the season and the Basic League matchup is still tied! Texans has increased his runs lead to 66-61, but my HR lead is 19-16. RBIs has shifted to Texans, but only by 63-62. SBs are 6-7 (I think I had it wrong the other day, or there was a stat correction....). Texans BA lead has held up 343-321. My 8-2 Wins lead is a lock, and I have taken saves 9-8 (Timlin FINALLY comes through for me...) Texans 90-77 K's lead is pretty much a lock - with 3 potential starters to my 2 ( I moved to pick up Houstons reliever Chris Sampson who has been great and gets start to rest a regular in case Texans tried any weird endgame strategy, but I will probably leave him benched for Timlin, and I picked up McClung in order to have every opportunity to hold my new saves lead, or at least tie.) My ERA lead is 3.36 to 5.53 - closed a littel but but not near enough. Similarly WHIP at 1.25 - 1.56. This one is SLIGHTLY in my favor with Texans having BA and Ks locked up and a firm lead in Runs, while I have Wins, ERA nd WHIP with a good lead in HR. But RBI, SB, and saves are up for grabs! Note that Aces is kicking Tornadoes butt for third 7-0. He has 63 runs, 18 HR, 59 RBI, 9 SB and a 329 BA. 5 wins, 8 saves, 82 Ks and a 3.50 ERA and 1.25 WHIP. So while his tema is likely to take third, ACES is finishing STRONG there!.

In the Pro league my lead has grown to 17-7, but is not totaly out of reach! Aces Runs lead is up to 82-71 and SB up to 13-6, GIDP narrowed to 7-11, but still well in hand. In Pitching Aces owns Losses at 10-5, Holds at 10-3 and K/9 at 8.03 - 6.92 for 6 categories firmly held. Aces K/BB has eroded to just 2.91 - 2.86 a tenuous margin but still his! My hits lead has grown to 146-131, RBI lead is up to 79-65, Total Bases lead is up to 261-234, AVG is up to 319 - 304, OBP to 404 - 386 and SLG 571-543. In pitching my 130-111 Innings pitched lead is strong as are Wins at 9-4, Saves at 7-3, ERA up to 4.22 - 4.95 and WHIP up to 1.32 - 1.46 give me 11 firm stats, with leads of 25-23 in HR, 70-78 in Batter Ks and 8-9 in errors. I also lead in pitching HRs and SBs alowed, 14-15 and 7-9, and my complete game for 6 I lead in. This forces Aces to hold k/bb and take all 6 I have leads in to get to a 12-12 tie. Mogami Flying Circus and Gizmp Flyers are in an 11-10 fight for third! Gizmo owns most Offensive stats, while Mogami owns most pitching ones. Homers and errors are both tied at 27-27 and 6-6 and Mogami owns a narrow 2-1 holds lead. Talk about up for grabs!

USS America Orioles has a similar tough road. I'm up 9-4 with all 6 offensive categories firmly in hand, 70-60 in runs, 23-13 in HR, 82-62 in RBI, 13-1 in SB, 255-190 in Toal bases, 336-278 in BA and 965 - 756 in OPS. Orioles owns Saves at 12-6, Holds at 5-1 and K/bb 4.00 - 1.6 and K/9 at 9.71 - 6.12. I have a decent ERA lead of 4.7 - 5.26 but wins are tied at 3 and WHIP is essentially tied at 1.37 - 1.38. Orioles needs to take both Wins and WHIP and somehow overturn my ERA advantage. And only Broson Arroyo and Chris Carpenter to do it (well, and his stellar Bullpen...which has gotten 12 total innings of work to my 6 in the last week). I have Matt Cain and Jason Schmidt, and my Bullpens ride on hot streaks appears to be over! In the third place game, the 1 and 2 seeds who dominated the league in the regular season are going at it. Prosidude MCSH, dominnt much of year is still suffering from his end of teh season collapse - losing 11-2 in the 2nd round, he trails the team that knocked him out of 1st place 11-3.

My bid to be undisputed Fantasy Baseball champ is in reach ;) Just need to hold on 2 more days!

Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 10/1/2006 4:29:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

OK as we move into the final day of the season, its getting wild and wooley. Lots of stars "resting up" and not paying closer attention to who is actually in the lineups cost me yet again! In the Basic League the margin is now 5- in my favor - SBs is now tied - but I left two on my bench. Texans lead in runs 72-67 and he has opened the RBI lead to 71-64 My HR lead evaporated to 20-19. SBs are tied as I mentioned and Texans BA lead is 333 - 315. So Texans solidly holds 3 and I barely have 1 with 1 tie! On the Pitching side its reversed with my 8-2 lead, ERA a full 2 at 3.43 to 5.42 and WHIP is 1.26 to 1.56 for 3 "lock" stats. Texans own Ks 96-81 while my saves lead remains 1 at 11-10. So Texans owns 4 stats, I only own 3. It will come down to HRs, SBs and Saves. Texans needs to win 2 of 3 to pull off the last day upset. Unfortuately its VERY possible!!! I addedd Wheeler to my bullpen shore it up. Aces looks to have 3rd wrapped up up 7-2. I am not confident at ALL given the slide my guys have been on...

In the Pro league I go into the last day up 16-8. Aces was hurt by lineup swaps - 4 of his starters didn't play. But I wish some of mine had not as I had a plague of GIDPs and Es that have put those stats firmly in Aces hands. He know owns Runs 88-74, SBs 13-7, GIDP 7-14 and Es 9-11. In piching he owns losses at 5-11 , Holds at 11-4, K/bb at 3.11 - 2.86 and K/9 at 8.00 - 6.95. 8 solid stats. My hits margin is up to 156-139, RBIs 88-74, batter Ks 78-87, Total bases 279-251, BA 312-302, OBP 391-379, and SLG 558-544. The final three has eroded precipitously, but I don't think enough to be threatened in 1 day... On the pitching side my 9-5 wins edge is solid, as are saves at 8-4, Pitcher allowed SBs at 7-1. I only have 133.1 - 126 innings pitched advantage -- but I added a third starter today - Tejada for the rangers who leads the majors in ERA the last month, in case Carpenter and or Myers is rested. Houston is still in play, so I think the Cards have to go with their Ace, despite his recent struggles since the CG. Aces made no pitching moves - he has D-train gong today and needs all three of my starters to scratch and a complete game AND some luck with bullpen to swing IP. The gives 11 stats for me. That leaves 5 to decide things today - HRs - where I lead 27-25, Complete Games - where he neds 1 from D-train to tie. ERA where my once big lead is down to 4.25 to 4.43, WHIP where I lead 1.34 to 1.39 and pitcher allowed HR where I lead 14-16. Aces needs to shift 4 of the 5 to tie. I meltdown on my part could bring BA into play, but a 10 point BA swing on the last day of this any ABs is not likely. He needs my pitcher to blow up and D-trin to shut down! That is what it wil come down - my 3 starers doing terrible and his tossing a no-hitter. If my pitchers start - they'll play - I wont sit on a lead in the finals! Mogami looks to be pulling away at teh tape from Gizmo 13-10 - but HRs GIDP and Es are still in play!

In the weekly league It looks grim for USS Ameica Orioles - I'm up 9-5 with all 7 offensive stats firmly in hand and an ERA advantage of 4.55 - 5.00 giing me the 8 stats I need to beat his higher seeding. Orioes leads saves 14-8, Holds 6-1 and K/bb 3.74-1.71 and K/9 9.18-6.29. But I hold leads in wins 4-3 and his WHIP lead is only 1.35 - 1.37 so he may only end with 4. We had a good run knocking the 1 and 2 seeds out, but I'm afraid ths one is out of reach. You need a no hitter from Carpenter and Bullpen hope Schmidt and my Bullpen melt down! Not impossible... Guzzinators has an even irmer lock on third over the Prostidude MSH.

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 10/1/2006 4:55:40 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 10/2/2006 3:47:47 AM   
TexHorns

Well unless the math changes, looks like we tied! I had 2 saves today to your 1. I hit 0 HR's today and you hit 1. Looks like no blood on SB's today. Martinez didn't play and most of the rest of my team "took the day off" in the batters box.

Freaking Solaman Torres gets 2 saves the last two days to thwart the Texans chances to repeat as league champions.

Still think we should have a tie breaker, but I don't make the rules.

Congratulations, it was a lot of fun once again. I appreciate you setting up the league and look forward to next year.

Tom the Texans GM

Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 10/2/2006 3:59:02 AM   
Paul Vebber

From what I can tell checking the boxes (I only did statracker for football this year...) You won Runs, RBI, AVG, and Ks for 4. I won HRs, SBs (Atkins had 1 and Jeter had 1 giving me 9-7) Wins, ERA and WHIP for 5. We tied saves (thank goodnes for Sal Torres!!! He has 12 saves in his last 15 appearances!) Not a tie, but 5-4-1 for me. You made a great run at it!

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 10/2/2006 4:07:23 AM >

(in reply to TexHorns)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 10/2/2006 4:07:25 AM   
Paul Vebber

In the Weekly league, Carpenter resting did USS America Orioles in, it doesn't look like any change there staying 9-5 for me!

Post #: 15
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 10/2/2006 5:20:08 AM   
Paul Vebber

In the Pro league it looks like Aces ends up with Runs, SBs, GIDP, Es, Losses, Holds, K/BB and K/9 = for 8. I end up with Hits, HRs, RBI, Batter Ks, otal Bases, AVG, OBP, SLG, IP, Wins, CG, Saves (thank you sal Torres...), Pitcher allowed SB, ERA and WHIP for 15. We tied in Pitcher Home runs allowed. Looks like I will have a 15-8-1 victory and will complete my sweep of the fantasy baseball finals!

I had a good bit of luck with end of the season moves and the competition this year was VERY stiff - particarly in the playoffs!

We will be doing it again next year! Hope to see you all back, with even more participants!

Post #: 16
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 10/2/2006 3:48:27 PM   
TexHorns

Hey Paul, I humbly retract my prior post. I didn't catch the SB's. Congratulations! I really thought I would win once we got to the playoffs. Who would have thought Garrett Atkins and Torres would do me in? See ya next year.

Post #: 17
RE: Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! - 10/8/2006 8:22:29 AM   
Guz

A Sweep. Wow. Congrats! For me, losing in the playoffs to a team with a record as despicable as yours Paul after capturing First place in the last week is a bitter pill to swallow, However seeing all the dead bodies Strewn about the battlefield, victims of the dreadnought called "Red Sawks" from the other leagues leaves me feeling better. First go around for Me in Fantasy baseball and must admit I loved it, Coming home everyday from work to check on My team was really enjoyable. And I feel even better knowing Matrix will remain financially solvent since they didn't lose those free games this year!

Cya next year!!

The Guz

(in reply to TexHorns)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix Fantasy Baseball FINALS!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI