Unit Editor and Others

Your place to ask about and discuss scenario design and modding.

Moderator: Arjuna

feanix

Unit Editor and Others

Post by feanix »

Hi, I'm really new to this sort of intense strat game, I was just wondering how moddable the engine really is. Can I for instance create new units for countries not included with the game? Perhaps define new type of terrain, like wheat fields (just an example, could be anything).

This not only opens up the possiblilties for users to make scenarios in completely different parts of the world but also opens the way for slightly less conventional mods, like a Starship Troopers mod or Warhammer 40K mod.
Golf33

RE: Unit Editor and Others

Post by Golf33 »

You can define new terrain but not new units.
Steve Golf33 Long
feanix

Post by feanix »

man, what a pity. im surprised actually. i mean, how do the developers add units? why cant we do it the same way?
Golf33

Post by Golf33 »

There is a separate tool used to add new estabs. Adding 'units' per se is done in the ScenMaker, but you are limited to using the thousand-odd unit estabs already in the game.
Steve Golf33 Long
Baskaatje

Post by Baskaatje »

You can name the units anyway you want and select the number of weapons in a unit, so calling an infantry unit armed with longbows "1st Company Elves" and arm them with 100 Mg34's is possible (as long as you take a unit estab with a MG Coy). The sounds are also moddable to change the machinegun fire into the whoosj of a longbow ;-)
And...... presto: Elves and Dwars fight it out in middle earth! ;-)

Bas
He who complains about the cost of knowledge, should look at the price of stupidity!
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: baskreuger

You can name the units anyway you want and select the number of weapons in a unit, so calling an infantry unit armed with longbows "1st Company Elves" and arm them with 100 Mg34's is possible (as long as you take a unit estab with a MG Coy). The sounds are also moddable to change the machinegun fire into the whoosj of a longbow ;-)
And...... presto: Elves and Dwars fight it out in middle earth! ;-)

Bas

I hate to be the dwarf that has to face those 100 Mg34's ...[;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Baskaatje

Post by Baskaatje »

Well, the moment you arm your dwarves with some PzKw III's, lets see how to get the Elves on the run! They'll bend their long ears backwards and will run like hell ;-)

Bas
He who complains about the cost of knowledge, should look at the price of stupidity!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”