Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

System freezes near end of scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> System freezes near end of scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
System freezes near end of scenarios - 8/20/2006 5:58:52 AM   
Mr. Personality

I apologize for not getting the screen captures to show the situation, but in a couple of cases today the program froze. In both cases the freeze was at the very end of the scenario. In this last case, in the Tempe Gorge Crisis scenario, it was definitely after I had begun exiting units off the map. The earlier instance was a different scenario, but I think the freeze also occurred after I had begun exiting units. Does this sound like any of the currently known bugs? If not, where would I find the file to send in for a possible examination?

By the way, I loved the Tempe Gorge Crisis scenario! Falling back against a superior force w/o losing units is definitely a nice challenge!

John
Post #: 1
RE: System freezes near end of scenarios - 7/2/2007 2:51:13 PM   
Stalintc

Sorry to drag in on old posts again... :)

I had this one also during the "First Clean Break" scenario the moment the the main HQ unit tries to leave the battlefield, in order to finish the mission I have to exit everything else, but not the HQ unit at all ever!

Apologies if this is already being looked at!

Cheers

(in reply to Mr. Personality)
Post #: 2
RE: System freezes near end of scenarios - 7/3/2007 12:35:30 AM   
Arjuna

Stalintc,

That's as it should be. When you give an exit command the force moves to the exit location and exits the map. In doing so its units exit in a sort of reverse hierarchy. Eg. If a Regt moves to the exit, its lead Bn's units will exit first, then the lead Bn HQ, then the next Bn's units and then the next Bn's HQ, followed by the last Bn's units and the last Bn HQ and finally the Regt HQ. Regt assets will exit as they arrive. The Regt HQ will not excit until all its subordinates have exited.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Stalintc)
Post #: 3
RE: System freezes near end of scenarios - 7/3/2007 12:43:25 AM   
Stalintc

Ok im with you mate, so everything froze up because the div HQ exited when it shouldnt have? hmm I knew I shouldnt have forced him to leave the battlefield, it does mean however that I have to play hide and seek with the div HQ until everyone has left.

This would not have helped in "First Clean Break" because some of my poor infantry were stranded very far behind enemy lines, so it would have frozen on that occasion also.

Thanks for the heads up anyhow! :)

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: System freezes near end of scenarios - 7/3/2007 12:47:15 AM   
Arjuna

My apologies....I misread your post ( damm head cold ). The nabove exit procedure should work automatically, without the game freezing. The game is not supposed to freeze or lockup. Send me a saved game. IIRC we may have fixed this bug in Patch 3, which we are still honing down.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Stalintc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Conquest of the Aegean Support >> System freezes near end of scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI