Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time for order to be processed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Time for order to be processed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time for order to be processed - 8/18/2006 6:51:02 PM   
SireChaos

Hi,

does anyone here have any experience with how long it takes an order to be processed, when using European Bank Transfer as the payment method?
Post #: 1
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/18/2006 7:13:14 PM   
Zakhal

Last time I tried it didnt work. Matrix support blaimed my bank and my bank blaimed matrix me been-in-the-between. After that "experience" I got my first credit card.

If I remember correctly the referance number that matrix gave was not valid/bank didnt accept it and matrix support said it is valid because it comes from a third party that gives only valid referances...blah anyways it was a waste of time.

The bank is one of the biggest around here (millions of customers) and has had internet banking systems for 7 years now (with regular updates of course). Ive done direct bank account transfer to US before with that bank and this one was the first that didnt work.

< Message edited by Zakhal -- 8/18/2006 7:20:19 PM >

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 2
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/18/2006 8:42:46 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zakhal

Last time I tried it didnt work. Matrix support blaimed my bank and my bank blaimed matrix me been-in-the-between. After that "experience" I got my first credit card.

If I remember correctly the referance number that matrix gave was not valid/bank didnt accept it and matrix support said it is valid because it comes from a third party that gives only valid referances...blah anyways it was a waste of time.

The bank is one of the biggest around here (millions of customers) and has had internet banking systems for 7 years now (with regular updates of course). Ive done direct bank account transfer to US before with that bank and this one was the first that didnt work.

So you transferred money from your account, with a Finnish bank I suppose, to an account with a bank in the US?

Well the online store gave me an account with a German bank to transfer the money to, and I´m in Germany, too, so I hope this works better.

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 3
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/18/2006 8:50:23 PM   
Zakhal

quote:

So you transferred money from your account, with a Finnish bank I suppose, to an account with a bank in the US?

Yeah thats how I paid my ww2ol subscriptions for many years. The delay was 2-4 days but it always worked. Granted there was a danish 3rd party company in-the-between.

quote:

Well the online store gave me an account with a German bank to transfer the money to, and I´m in Germany, too, so I hope this works better.

I still suggest getting a credit card. It doesnt cost any extra to make purchase with credit card. And you can pay directly from your bank account too if you want. Interest comes only if you draw money with credit or dont pay the credit bills (montly) that may come.

After using visa for 7 months now I dont know how I managed without it before.

(PS they really shouldnt call it EUROPEAN bank account transfer if it doesnt work in EUROPE )

< Message edited by Zakhal -- 8/18/2006 9:33:49 PM >

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 4
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/18/2006 9:25:43 PM   
Zap

You could say then, all-in-all your experience worked out in your favor since you now own a credit card. It has made your life easier.

Yes, in today's world It's hard living without one. Though, many a day I wish for the simpler life. But then come back to reality and accept that I like the convience of life(credit card) and how makes things happen so quickly.

Since your a newcomer to the "easy life" (credit card holder) I welcome you on behalf of all slouchers.

< Message edited by Zap -- 8/18/2006 9:27:45 PM >

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 5
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/19/2006 6:19:46 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: SireChaos

If you transfer from a german bank to a german account the trnafer will take 2-5 days depending on your bank. I found that Deutsche Bank or Post Bank usually is fastest with Sparkasse beeing amazingly slow . I don't know how long it will take Digital river to process the order then, but it should not take more then 1 or 2 days.

Why not set up a PayPal account? We accept PayPal too. you can then pay directly from your normal bank accoutn through PayPal, which makes the order beeing processed almost immediatly.

PayPal is very handy when you buy stuff online. And they have a very fast and responsive customer support too.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 6
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/19/2006 6:49:07 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

If you transfer from a german bank to a german account the trnafer will take 2-5 days depending on your bank. I found that Deutsche Bank or Post Bank usually is fastest with Sparkasse beeing amazingly slow . I don't know how long it will take Digital river to process the order then, but it should not take more then 1 or 2 days.

Why not set up a PayPal account? We accept PayPal too. you can then pay directly from your normal bank accoutn through PayPal, which makes the order beeing processed almost immediatly.

PayPal is very handy when you buy stuff online. And they have a very fast and responsive customer support too.

I confess I´m a bit biased against PayPal, mostly because I´ve been getting a ****load of spam/phishing mails allegedly originating with PayPal. I´m not an expert in this kind of this, but this does not instill much confidence in their security.

On the other hand, I have received at least three spam messages coming from my own e-mail account, so I guess I shouldn´t be talking...

Thanks for the reply, anyway.
I know German banks have a habit of taking several days for the credit part of a transfer to be processed (the debit part took less than 24 hours, though ). I wonder if this is similar in other countries...

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 7
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/19/2006 7:39:16 PM   
SireChaos

Just got the download link. That makes it 4 and a half days.

I admit I had not expected something happened during the weekend.

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 8
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/20/2006 2:51:46 PM   
Marc von Martial

As for PayPal spam, well that is not anything they can do something about. Except for warning their customers about new spam and phishing mails circulating, and they do a good job at that.

Generally, I would never ever give my password or other data away if some "automated customer support" asks me to do so or to verfiy my account . And generally companies and banks never ask their customers such tings via email anyway.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 9
RE: Time for order to be processed - 8/20/2006 2:52:30 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Just got the download link. That makes it 4 and a half days.

I admit I had not expected something happened during the weekend.

Good, I guess once the transfer has been processed Digital Rivers process is automated.

Marc von Martial

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Time for order to be processed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI