Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ok, so the Commonwealth have taken Lamia..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ok, so the Commonwealth have taken Lamia.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ok, so the Commonwealth have taken Lamia.. - 8/13/2006 4:48:53 PM   
sapper_astro

Now what?

I have started on two scenarios but cannot decide which one to Start with:

1) The Allies push on into Bulgaria to link up with Loyalist troops in the mountains; Obviously the Commonwealth forces have landed another couple of Divisions in Greece(otherwise it wouldn't make much difference using the few divs they had) and also ramped up the airforce somewhat. Yugoslavia has also risen in revolt with Rumania and Hungary experiencing internal problems....German troops have had to go to all of these countries to ensure stability and maintain the Ploesti oil supplies, so a yet to be picked German force will face off against the Commonwealth forces on the Bulgarian frontier.

Problems: No Estabs for Balkan troops. Not good.
Does anyone know of a good WW2 Bulgarian southern border map? Damn hard to find.

2) The Commonwealth have pushed forwards into Northern Greece and Bulgaria, Meanwhile, the Greek army have planned their own offensive to retake lost parts of the Epirus and on into Albania again, also hopefully to plug the Monastir gap into Yugoslavia before German forces arrive to bale out the Italians. Elements of the Australian 7th Division, A brigade of British Armour (Or a division?) and two Battalions of the new Free French army have arrived on hand to join them.

Problems: Are there any maps that represent this area? again, hard to find. What British Brigade should this force be? any experts on the British Armoured units at the time?

Which Scenario would be the best to keep working on at the present moment?
Post #: 1
RE: Ok, so the Commonwealth have taken Lamia.. - 8/13/2006 9:21:48 PM   
Golf33

The second scenario sounds interesting. Brit units would probably be drawn from the North African theatre so look at those first, followed by units that were in Britain at the time. 

Steve Golf33 Long

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 2
RE: Ok, so the Commonwealth have taken Lamia.. - 8/14/2006 3:28:14 AM   
Arjuna

I would recommend scenario 2 and I would throw in the entire Brit 2nd Arm Div.

Steve,

Can you recall what maps we based the Albanian front scenarios on?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Golf33)
Post #: 3
RE: Ok, so the Commonwealth have taken Lamia.. - 8/14/2006 8:43:28 AM   
sapper_astro

The Albanian front maps focus more on the southern end....

I might be able to use them....It will certainly be easier, but will have to have the northern german push 'on route from' the monastir gap.

Wait, thats it. I have it now. The push on to the monastir gap (provided the commonwealth win of course, if not it will follow more along the lines of an attempt to stop the Germans cutting off the northern 'Lamia' forces from the south) can be the next scenario in the series If a commonwealth victory.

Excellent.

Will plod along into scenario two more now with alterations. Thanks for the ideas on the 2nd Armoured too.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ok, so the Commonwealth have taken Lamia.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI