TLS won't "Generate"

These new expansions from X1 Software add dynamic campaigns and nearly three thousand missions between them to your IL2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters. The incredible depth and replayability of these new add-ons will give you a very long lasting experience.
mikedora

TLS won't "Generate"

Post by mikedora »

Hi all,

Just got TLS, but am suffering from the major frustration that it doesn't seem to want to generate a campaign. Every time I get to that point, I press the "generate" button, it depresses, clicks, returns, then - nothing. On the other hand, the single missions _do_ work.

I am running IL2FB/AEP/PF v4.03m. Any helpful suggestions anyone?

Mike
Hard Sarge

RE: TLS won't "Generate"

Post by Hard Sarge »

do you have the patch for TLD ?

you may have one where the plane you are trying to use is not part of the setup
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

here is a post I had for the patch

http://www.x1software.com/
get it and enjoy
if you have 4.02 installed, you may want to back up the DGen file as this file is older

Version: 1.1
Größe: 144.49 MB
Fixes: * BOE incompatibillity isseu * Me 262 not working in the Luft 46 campaign * Western front campaigns not working with french IL2 install (*see below for detailled info*) * Coop briefings in German only. * Ta-152 High altitude fighter campaign wrong player aircraft selection. * TLD Ta-152 campaign not working anymore since patch 1.03B. * Fixed desert campaign name * Desert Campaign now working * Balaton Summer Campaign scripts for Hungarian TLD fighter pilot now stable. * Balaton Winter Campaign scripts for Hungarian TLD fighter pilot seems now stable. * Africa Luft 46 German Fighter/Dive bomber campaign seems now stable. * Africa Luft 46 German Bomber campaign seems now stable. * Africa Luft 46 German Zerstorer campaign seems now stable. Adds: * 28 New single player missions * 208 New skins * Posibillity to install system performance tuned installation for Luft 46 * Crimea Fighter Campaign (German) * Crimea Bomber Campaign (German) * Crimea Dive-bomber Campaign (German) * Crimea Fighter Campaign (Romanian) * Crimea Bomber Campaign (Romanian) * Crimea Dive-Bomber Campaign (Romanian) * Crimea Fighter Campaign (Russian) * Luft 46 Desert fighter campaign (German) * Luft 46 Desert fighter campaign (USA) * Luft 46 Desert fighter campaign (British) * Luft 46 Desert bomber campaign (German) * Luft 46 Desert bomber campaign (British) * Luft 46 Desert bomber campaign (USA) * Luft 46 Desert fighter-bomber campaign (German) * Luft 46 Desert fighter-bomber campaign (USA) * Luft 46 Desert Zerstorer campaign (German) * A20G as flyable to the US Bomber Campaign. (Luft 46) * He-162 as flyable to the German fighter campaign. (Luft 46) * Beaufighter as flyable in the British Luft 46 bomber campaign (Luft 46) * Ho-229 As flyable in the Luft 46 campaign * Me-109Z As flyable in the Luft 46 campaign * P80 As flyable in the Luft 46 campaign. * New BG music for the German and Russian section. * German Desert Campaign 1941. * P-39N1 To the Lvov 1944 theatre. * P-40M To the Lvov 1944 theatre. * More detailed targets to the Lvov 1944 theatre. * Active front to the Lvov 1944 theatre. Improves: * Luft 46 Ardennes terrain objects. * 16/3/2005 Improved mission script Crimea. * GUI backgrounds * Berlin Templates, more targets added. (*+ more detail*) * German Lvov fighter campaign campaign generation script. (*should now be stable*)
mikedora

Post by mikedora »

Yes - forgot to mention that - I am using the TLD patch v1.1. I have had the problem with more than one ac - have tried several, but especially an RAF 1945 campaign, and a Luftwaffe 1945 FW190D campaign.

I don't quite get your banter about backing up the DGen file - could you expand please? Also, what is relationship of this add-on with IL2 DCG - should I be looking at my settings in that, or should I simply leave it "off"?

Thanks for the prompt response.

Mike
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

what campaigns are you trying to run, and with which planes, I will try and see if it runs on my system or not

for the DGen files, the files from the IL-2 patches are newer, so if you install the TLDs patch over top of a newer IL-2 Patch, you will over write the newer files

I am not sure about the DCG settings, sorry

mikedora

Post by mikedora »

OK Sarge,

Here are 3 that I've tried, but get nowhere:

Luftwaffe/Berlin 1945/Fw190D
Luftwaffe/Africa 1941/Bf109E
USAAF/Berlin 1945/P51D

And yet, as I said, the TLS individual missions work fine. Frustrating.

Mike

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Dang, I posted a reply and it did not show ???

oh well

I went in, all 3 work for me

I got 3 Spit V's in the 109 E4 (7 ?)

(would rather of had a F4 myself)

I was able to open and join the 190 D and the P-51 D campaigns

so, it may be something on your end

lets go though the basic's

you got the IL-2/PF 4.04 patch ?
you got the TLDs 1.1 patch ?

hmmm, I not sure, it should work with 4.02

if you have the space you may want to do a recopy, reinstall, so you have something you can play around with, with worrieing about loseing what you had before

let me do some looking

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

okay from what I find

4.04m is the latest normal patch (something about a 4.05 but think that is part of the PE-2 addon)

1.1 is the last patch for TLDs
mikedora

Post by mikedora »

Thanks Sarge,

I seem to have hacked it. Installed IL2 v4.04m, that didn't help, then went into IL2DCG and found that its Mode was set to "Replace In-Game Generator (DGen)". De-selected this option, and Bingo! - TLS campaign generation now works...

Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

Mike
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Great news

really had me confused, as I did some "helping" with this game when it came and the patches were being worked on, and never had any trouble in those areas

I am glad it is now working and you will get to play it, the game itself is great, and the patch gives you even more

watch your 6

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

109 E in action in the desert

while at high alt (well, higher then they were)

spotted a Gaggle of Spits flying a dogleg pattern, circles around behind and dived on the lat Vic

dove down beneath the tail end charlie, and pulled up onto his tail, when I got with in 200 ft, opened fire

seen strikes as soon as I opened, but no major damage, as his nose went down, I started to follow, fireing as I close in, still no major damage seen, I had to either commit to this target or break off and go for his partners while I still had the chance, so I broke off the attack

pulling my nose up, I was still right under the next two Spits, just as I closed in, the 2nd Spit seemed to spot me and started to roll onto his back, I fired wild, and was rewarded with his outer wing being blown off

a quick glance over my shoulder and I see my first target is still headed towards the ground and spot a chute just starting to open, so my tail is clear

keeping my nose down, to close on the leaders belly, I am soon with in range, pull the nose up just as the leader begins to evade, I follow and begin firing while on my back, and then we enter the clouds, I soon see if I keep my course, I will over shoot, I can not keep up with the move the Spit is making, so level out and pull for the sun

my trusty 109 is staining as it reaches the tops of it's climb, I am only hitting 100 mph as I finally reach the top and begin my reviese, I am lucky, the rest of the Spits have not turned to engage and I see my target, trying to reach the rest of his mates, tailing a fine line of smore or oil

dive back down into the attack, gaining speed and postion, again as I start to get with in range the Spit begins a slow roll and noses over, I try to follow (mistake) he takes me deeper into his lands and the rest of the Spits know something is up

I follow the Spit all the way to the ground, it was his final death flight, as he flew right into the ground with out changeing his course, but I am now headed the wrong way, on the deck with 3 to 6 Spits on my tail

time to call for help

HELP

I lead them a merry chase, ever so slowly making a change back towards my lines, when my help comes in

and jump the tail end Spit, which breaks away, drawing all my help with him !

just as the Lead Spit gets with in 400 ft of me, they break off to help there mate

HARD over and climb and I am start to head back into the fight

(and then the batteries to my stick give out, and I had to stop the fight, somebody pulled my spares from the recharger, so had to stop, while I recharge, Grrrr)

3 Spits Down, no damage to me, but it was a close run thing

Attachments
kill2.jpg
kill2.jpg (23.17 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Which don't know if you can see it

made two Major mistakes

when I begin my dive, they were headed into some cloud banks, I thought they were under them

and I am headed into the sun, played heck on my sighting
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Thanks for asking questions, I had to break off of some of what I been working on to give it a go

went back in and flew some of the 190 D-9 Campaign

got 4 P-47s first mission and my stick went out again

after getting back from the store with some food and new batteries

got 5 Mustangs the 2nd mission

and 3 B-17s the 3rd

guess I got Hit pretty HARD from the return fire, all I know is I was hearing bail, bail, bail from all over the place and I kicked out, before seeing how bad the damage was

LOL, I normally try to get high (ALT)

but we were told we were hunting Jabos, and seen some Yanks headed towards the border

so started to nose down to pick up speed and close the range

to the side I finally spot some dots, ahhhh, a low level 17 raid, only I am now lower, pick out a Straggler and pick him off, bank to the side and try to gain, but the bombers are starting to pull away, so, lower my nose and barrel in, blew the tail fin off and set a engine on fire and another to smoking when I broke off my 2nd attack, getting fired at the whole time

take some light hits (?) as I dive under the 2nd bomber

knowing I not going to have time to circle and cimb, I pull my nose up into the belly of the raid, which guess I had more speed built up then I thought as I am about to overshoot my targets belly, so level off and line up the shot as I bore in

of course, since this a not too well thought out attack run, I am now flying in Formation with a BG of upset B-17s

I do major damage to the tail and many strikes on the wings and engines, smoke is pouring out, when the tail gunner joins in the fun (?)

dang, thought I had knocked him out, I must of been placed perfect, as I had the top and belly turrerts firing at me, along with the tail and one of the side gunners !!!!

for some reason, I wanted that tail gunner, so stuck it out trying to knock him out

lucky for me, these guys were poor shots, the major strikes were all from there mates

I knew they were crippled and then got the bail out orders as I dove under the striken plane

the float down to the ground was slow and enjoyable, as I was able to watch the end of the battle, the Yanks lost 8 bombers, while we only lost 2 planes, both pilots returning to duty later in the day

Feb 3rd 1945

too little, too late

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

ohhhh, this is enjoyable

had a nice mission, when I was attacking bombers, they were around 14000, so I was able to get above them, make a diving pass and then zoom climb back up and reset, and then pick my target

knocked down 4 B-17s, had another one crippled and I had left it alone, as it was headed towards the deck, that thing flew all the way home, 10 feet off the deck, flying into trees and all, ahhhh

next mission was a nasty surprise

get a scramble mission, bombers are attacking !

(I normally play with mid air starts, so I can fly more combat, then waiting around to take off)

the mission starts and as I am getting my plane set, my bearings and all, I see tracers, quick look over my shoulder and I got 2 Mustangs on my tail and close

do a quick Spit S, look behind me and am shocked to see not only did the 2 Stangs follow me, they are still right on my tail, doing another Spit S, and watch as I come out and see they are still with me and closeing, bank HARD to the right, then reverse to the left and pull as tight as I can

the lead Stang can't follow that move and over shoots, his wingman, breaks and heads up, I am able to get around and start to chase, as the two Stangs close up they start to climb, I fire a long range MG shot, trying to get them to dance, but am rewarded with strikes !, nothing major, but it perks one up to know they have damaged the enemy, in return for the damage I have taken

the leader rolls on his back and dives away, while his wing man keeps grabbing for the sky, the leader will be out of the fight for a few, so I stay with the wingman, if I follow the leader, his wingy will be right on my tail

soon, I am close enough to get a shot in, but have bled off all my E, pushing 180 if I am lucky, when my shot finally land and take out my first enemy, a quick roll onto my back and down I go, I need speed and I need to know where his mate is at, we do a head on, but both are angled off too much to even get more then a 'I see you" burst off

but then I see some of my mates are in trouble, so go to there aid, diving for all I am worth I am pushing 400 as I close in, but they sense me coming and both Stangs Split S on me, I follow, as they begin there pull out and start to grab

I am closing fast, and my sites are just under the wingmans belly, waiting for my guns to match my sites, when I start to black out, the Stang keeps pulling up, and I am out of the fight, too much E

by the time I am back in control, the 2 enemy planes have found other targets and leave me alone

big mistake

but too many Enemy, to few friends, so I got to help my friends

the tide turns and soon, most of the Stangs have turned for home, I pick off a Stang trying to attack one of my friends, and then pick up a lone Stang headed back to the fight

again a Head to Head and again, we both misjudge our angle, now this is a good one, up and down, onto our backs and over again, finally, while we are almost cockpit to cockpit, I am able to land a few rounds into him, and he starts headed down, he goes into a very HARD roll, I try to follow, it is a good move, if he is in control, but it is HARD to tell, I back off to see, he is gone, if I follow, I may run into him or over shoot, or miss judge his roll

I follow, landing a few more hits , at 7000 I break off, if he is faking, I got enough alt to play with, if he is not, it won't mater

as I pull away and watch, I see the rolls turning into a wild spin, he is finished

not sure, if it was a death spin to begin with, it didn't look like one, but it ended up that way

a HARD fought battle this time around

we lost 1 plane, and 1 pilot KIA, with another WIA (our top Ace, well, until today, I am now our top Ace)

my plane took damage, but nothing major was hit, a close run thing

4 Stangs go down to my guns today

as we return to our base, a very large gagle of B-17s with lots of P-47s is reported in the area, they are lucky today, we need to land, tomorrow, it will be there turn

Return to “Banzai!, Case Blue, The Last Days IL2 Expansion Packs”