Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Custom scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Custom scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom scenarios - 7/11/2006 9:55:50 AM   
Crimguy

Operation Brevity (precursor to Battleaxe and Crusader) is at about the same time as COTA. Is it possible to recreate it in COTA?

We don't have Indian troops in the Estab, do we? Since they were using British gear, does it matter?

I've never seen Brevity done in a wargame, and wonder how it might play out. Anyone interested in a "bit" of a project?

Post #: 1
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/11/2006 10:02:00 AM   
Arjuna

You will have to use British Estabs for the Indian units. I would suggest including the term "Indian" in their title eg 19th Indian Inf Division.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 2
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/11/2006 2:07:48 PM   
hlhudson74

Fancy That!

I was just rummaging through my Gamers DAK, SPI CNA, GDW + FGA Operation Crusader, 3W BFNA series, etc. trying to see what could be done with COTA's ScenCreator on covering operations in North Africa 1940-1941.

Crimguy - are you planning on developing this idea further or were you throwing out the idea to get community interest?

While I can't say how speedily I'll move on this, I have a strong interest in COTA and using it to do the early North Africa battles. The maps should be quite interesting to develop.

Henry

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/11/2006 2:42:41 PM   
Javakamp

RL has kep me from digging to far into this, so I appoligize if this is a generally known fact, but can scenario designers create new establishments?

(in reply to hlhudson74)
Post #: 4
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/11/2006 2:44:47 PM   
hlhudson74

Javakamp - The estabs are locked down. no changes or additions.

Henry

(in reply to Javakamp)
Post #: 5
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/11/2006 4:41:17 PM   
Crimguy

Man, did I write that?? Must have been the percocet(tm).

I was just toying around with the idea like you. However, if there were volunteers for various tasks, e.g. map making, scenario design, and oob design/research, I would be happy to chip in as well. I was thinking of breaking out some maps of the Tobruk area and going from there.

I do have a very limited time schedule these days because of my newborn - my wife tries to get some sleep between 8-12 every night while I watch him. I've been using that time productively by watching South Park and playing COTA. So time might be a factor.

quote:

ORIGINAL: hlhudson74

Fancy That!

I was just rummaging through my Gamers DAK, SPI CNA, GDW + FGA Operation Crusader, 3W BFNA series, etc. trying to see what could be done with COTA's ScenCreator on covering operations in North Africa 1940-1941.

Crimguy - are you planning on developing this idea further or were you throwing out the idea to get community interest?

While I can't say how speedily I'll move on this, I have a strong interest in COTA and using it to do the early North Africa battles. The maps should be quite interesting to develop.

Henry

(in reply to hlhudson74)
Post #: 6
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/11/2006 11:33:07 PM   
JeF

Good idea guys.

I'd like to help as well, though I 'll have very limited time the next two weeks, I can't do research and I've yet to prove anything in scenario design.

Available time cannot be an issue if you're working for free, without budget and deadline. Take your time.

Cheers,

JeF.

Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 7
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/12/2006 2:39:54 AM   
Crimguy

If anyone can point me to a good source for a map of the area that'd be a good start.

(in reply to JeF)
Post #: 8
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/12/2006 4:43:26 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

Crim, I have some good maps of the area (scanned DAK maps).

Also...

I don't know if I am officially allowed to say this (Arjuna?) but I will say it anyway and let higher authorities decide to keep the post or modify it

Some volunteer work has already been done on post-COTA title in the series, including some work on North Africa title (including maps that cover all Brevity/Battleaxe area).

What I personally think, is that instead of duplicating (some) work that had already been done, you guys with high spirits should be recruited into NA volunteer team, and do maps/scenarios for forthcoming NA title. Bil and Arjuna are the guys to decide officially on this though....

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 9
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/12/2006 6:48:49 PM   
wodin

To all those who have the time and dedication to make scenarios her's a big thankyou.

I just havent got the time todo it myself. Oh to be single;)

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 10
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/12/2006 11:46:47 PM   
hlhudson74

Oleg,

Ahhhh...

Well then, mayhap there are other less well known battles within the realm of the COTA estab that would be better served. No need to expend scarce resources and time in duplication of efforts. And considering the quality of PG work I'll do some research elsewhere in the Med during the 1940-1941 time period.

Henry

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 11
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/13/2006 2:43:15 AM   
Arjuna

What about the Aussies in Syria, Iraq, battles for Lemnos, hypothetical battles for other Aegean and Mediterranean islands, what-if counter invasion by Allied forces into northern Greece, hypothetical battle for Athens?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to hlhudson74)
Post #: 12
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/13/2006 4:39:01 PM   
Rooster

Another good one would be the belated withdrawal of the Greek Army situated in Albania. As they tried to pull back across the Alaikmon River, their path was blocked by the German 73rd ID and the 1st SS Motorized ID.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 13
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/13/2006 5:01:33 PM   
Crimguy

Are there any Greek counterattack scenarios against the Italians into Albania?

(in reply to Rooster)
Post #: 14
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/14/2006 6:12:40 AM   
Rooster

There aren't any in the game... it's a good idea for a custom scenario.

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 15
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/16/2006 6:58:24 PM   
MikeBrough

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

Man, did I write that?? Must have been the percocet(tm).

You doing OK. Crimguy? Percocet isn't exactly paracetamol.

Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 16
RE: Custom scenarios - 7/17/2006 3:47:08 AM   
Crimguy

Had a couple crowns put in and it was causing not-so-minor pain for a few days.  Feeling much better now, thx.

(in reply to MikeBrough)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Custom scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI