From: Marseilles, France
Having nothing more to do around the Caucasus & the Caspian, I embarked on a trip to the Urals, from Kazan to Krasnoyarsk, and down to the Afghan, Persian & Chinese borders.
Equipped with some maps (harder to find than the Caucasus & China ones) I reviewed the area, compared to WiF FE, to real geography, and did some modifications. Those modifications are proposals, to make the map better.
A. Corrections from WiF FE maps :
- There is a piece of rail from Astrakhan between 51,76 and 46,75 that should not exist. I deleted it on the modified map.
- Karaganda (47,93) wrongly placed. I pushed it 11 hexes SE. Hence, I modified both railways who lead to it.
- Vyatka (35,79) does not exist (but why not leave it as is).
B. Modifications proposed :
Cities on this portion of the WiF FE map (shown below) are few, and often 4 hexes in between, that is, a unit moving on foot from one to the next, in fine weather, is always in supply. On the MWiF map, most of theses 4-hex-apart-cities are more than 8 hexes apart, thus putting a moving unit out of supply in the middle of the trip. For this reason, I looked on the WWII maps if there were significant cities that were not on the WiF FE map, to add them to the MWiF map. I found 3.
- Added Petropavlovsk & Tyumen (west of Omsk), for supply between Omsk & Chelyabinsk.
- Added a Tomsk (west of Krasnoyarsk), for supply between Krasnoyarsk & Novosibirsk.
I would have liked to add cities in the below list too, but I did not find any.
- Add a city west of Kazan, for supply between Kazan & Penza --> Found no cities to add.
- Add a city west of Novosibirsk, for supply between Novosibirsk & Omsk --> Found no cities to add.
- Slightly modified rail around Omsk & Semipalatinsk.
- Added lake hexsides on Volga between Kazan & Kuibyshev.
- Added lake hexsides on Kama between Ufa & Perm.
- Added lake hexsides on Kama north of Perm.
Those are added because the maps show very very large rivers here, and also because it allow to hamper the enemy movement a little.
On these maps I drew the lakes hexsides and hexes, and I also drew the provinces borders. The Yellow line is the place where the map ends in WiF FE.