Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 6:04:38 PM   
Ursa MAior

I've been trying to recon Clark field from the day 3. To no success. Today 30/12/41 7! recon sorties from different sqns were flown over it no success again. It could be that due to the great number of units -22- it does not show the actual numbers, but if it is so this opens another door to gamey playing again not to mention unrealism.

Attachment (1)

Art by the amazing Dixie
Post #: 1
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 6:10:45 PM   
Feinder

I dont' understand.

You're flying recons, and not getting any info?  That would certainly be peculiar.

Stupid question, esp since you appear to be Japan, but you are using "recon" type aircraft, yes?

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 2
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 6:20:09 PM   
Ursa MAior

Yes, from the very beginning. The only thing I can think of that the hex is so 'overcrowded' that it has exceeded some hardcoded limit. Although on day 1 Pescadores or Taan (or is it takao?) is more cramped.

On the other hand Sing and rest of the wolrd is ok.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ursa MAior -- 6/29/2006 6:24:44 PM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 3
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 6:35:31 PM   
Sardaukar

Hmmm..how many units fit into combat animations screen before overflow ? Might be same thing...

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 4
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 6:37:40 PM   
Ursa MAior

Yes, probably it is. But even if I recon with force ie attack to get infos from them, the window will be overflowed, so it would be also useless.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 6:40:27 PM   
Sardaukar

And it is bad, if it is so. But after attack you at least see values in Combat Report...

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 6
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 8:40:44 PM   
Ursa MAior

Well I don need to get into cmbat I can guess their AV from here if 22 units are there.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 7
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 9:23:43 PM   
greg_slith

It's not just Clark field. Any base with more than 15-20 units will just give # of units not # of troops, guns etc. This could be an airfield constuction engineer convention (AV=20) or the entire Kwangtung Army (AV=80,000). No way to tell except to bomb the unit. In the combat report it will say you attacked 31st Div or the 108th rice ball forming reg. I've had to resort to the gamey tactic of dropping a sub load of Marine Raiders at Rabaul, Truk and a couple of other sites to "see" what realy is there.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 8
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 9:24:57 PM   
Feinder

I would certainly doubt that your opponent is trying to hose you deliberately, so I'd try to afford him the benefit of the doubt and the appropriate courtesy.  It is after all, a sound strategy to back everything you can into Manilla (x4 defense, it takes a LONG time pry him out).

If you're gun-shy about attacking him, why not just leave him there?  He's not going anywhere, and if you keep bombing the snot out of him, with no supplies it's not like he's going to be able to break out.

Frankly, I'd make one probing attack with a Division.  It'll get torn up, yes.  But it's not like you were attacking with a SNLF Btn to gain all that intel.  Run like the wind back to Clark.  If you think you can push the attack on Manilla, then do so in good conscience (that Div will need about 2 weeks to rest tho, but the part has lasted this long already...)  If you're gun-shy, then just bottle him up and let him rot for a while (keep that AF cratered).

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 9
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 9:45:27 PM   
Ursa MAior

Feinder
Bascially its Clark not Manila. The problem is that due to a river I have to attack from a different hex (two hex movement) cuz of that stupid bug which causes even arty regs to shock attack!
I'd like to do a recon with force but IMHO a tank rgt is more suitabel. BUt it is on the way!

ecwgcx
It works fine with 15 units see the other pic of Sing.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 10
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 6/29/2006 9:58:38 PM   
dtravel

I think the only time you actually get #'s of troops in the mouse rollover is when your recon planes have actually targeted a LCU.  If they just target the hex or base all you get is the # of units.  (The other effect of this is that the # of troops will only be that of the top two or three units because recon flights use the same "who do I target" routines as ground attack missions which go after the unit with the most intact elements.)

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 11
RE: Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged - 7/1/2006 2:35:15 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

Feinder
Bascially its Clark not Manila. The problem is that due to a river I have to attack from a different hex (two hex movement) cuz of that stupid bug which causes even arty regs to shock attack!
I'd like to do a recon with force but IMHO a tank rgt is more suitabel. BUt it is on the way!

ecwgcx
It works fine with 15 units see the other pic of Sing.

Stupid question but did you make sure naval search was not on 100%?

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Anti recon feat or cheat, Clark Field camouflaged Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI