Important CHS announcement

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Andrew Brown

Important CHS announcement

Post by Andrew Brown »

I have just received a message from another forum member regarding maximum bomb loads for aircraft, that confirms that it is only used for airfield size calculation for aircraft, and nothing else. That means that many of the max bombload figures in CHS - originally modified to affect the effectiveness of heavy bombers in the game, I believe - are too low and should be increased back to the values used in the standard game.

I will soon - in the next day or two - issue another update to CHS that includes these changes (as well as the usual collection of minor fixes that are still being reported).

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

MkXIV

RE: Important CHS announcement

Post by MkXIV »

So then what do you use to set the bombload of an aircraft?
F4U Corsair; When you Absolutely, Positively need to kill every freaking Zero in a 40 mile hex....
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Load capacity, I would presume...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

It seems I have outsmarted myself with this one. Looking at the Max load values, I have already changed them back - at least some of them. I now rememeber doing this a while ago when there was a previous discussion about what Max Load was used for. I think I did it "just in case". So hopefully there is no need for further adjustments, but I will do another check just to be sure.

Andrew

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Andrew,

Scared the hell out of yourself, eh?!

I hear all of Australia has been out of kilter since that penalty kick!

[:'(]
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

Since I am now a pseudo "Japanese Fanboy" this doesn't bother me anymore.[:D]

Too late for us, we're already on 2.05.
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: Halsey

Since I am now a pseudo "Japanese Fanboy" this doesn't bother me anymore.[:D]

Too late for us, we're already on 2.05.

Well, I don't remember hearing any complaints about this from CHS 1.x, which did use the reduced load values. Probably because the main effect would be when the B-29s come into service, and not many people get that far in the game. It looks to already be corrected anyway, as I said above. But if I do find any remaining differences I will fix them.

Andrew

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Actually, earlier today I was ypdating my list (availability, radius, replacement, bomb load) of Allied aircraft from both CHS and Iron Storm from stock scenarios and I noticed a significant decrease in bomb loads for most Allied bombers. My heavies weren't that heavy and my B-25C carried 6x 500lb GP while a B-17E carries 8x 500lb GP. Yes, at a greater distance, but not much different in bomb load. 
[center]Image[/center]
jwxspoon

Post by jwxspoon »

We've completed our first 2 days of turns under 2.05 in the new team game.  So far so good.  AA is wicked under scenario 157 for low flying aircraft.

jw
Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Now I'm really confused. [X(] Can't we just take the twat who is responsible for the crud-editor and beat some sense into him until his paid for house is suddenly an empty lot?

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Now I'm really confused. [X(] Can't we just take the twat who is responsible for the crud-editor and beat some sense into him until his paid for house is suddenly an empty lot?

Seriously...this is three years and counting. I should have become a programmer so I could sell my useless efforts for a profit.[:@] Must be nice....[8|]

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.[;)]

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I officially retire any games I have if my opponents are so willing.

?????????????????????????

If that is what you want, I have scrapped my first turn. [:(]
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

Seriously...this is three years and counting. I should have become a programmer so I could sell my useless efforts for a profit.[:@] Must be nice....[8|]

This has nothing to do with the editor, Ron. This is about the "Max Load" values for aircraft. Lemurs originally decreased these values for 4E bombers, in an attempt to reduce their effectiveness. This was way back at the start of CHS development. Recently, after hearing that the Max Load value may not be used, except for determining base size for effective operation of the aircraft, I went and changed them back to the stock values (and then forgot I did it!). So the values are the same in CHS and stock now (although I have yet to verify that all the aircraft valules are OK).

Andrew

racndoc

Post by racndoc »

I went back and compared just a few bombers between Stock Scenario 15 and CHS 2.04.
Here are just a few comparisons for max load at normal range:

B-17E stock: 12x500lb.....B-17E CHS 2.04: 6x500lb
LB-30 stock: 16x500lb.....LB-30: CHS 2.04: 5x500lb
B-25C stock: 6x500lb......B-25C: CHS 2.04:4x500lb
B-29 stock: 40x500lb.....B-29: CHS 2.04: 24x500lb
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: AdmSpruance

I went back and compared just a few bombers between Stock Scenario 15 and CHS 2.04.

Those are weapon loadouts, not "max load". Max load is a single number for the aircraft type. For example, the value for the B-29 is 20,000. In the old CHS it was 14,000. This is the number that is apparently used to calculate required base sizes, and is not used for anything else.

Andrew

Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I officially retire any games I have if my opponents are so willing.

?????????????????????????

If that is what you want, I have scrapped my first turn. [:(]

Boy of boy, can't even whine anymore.[;)] I really need to remember to use the emoticons when I drop one of these babies.[X(]

Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Brown

This has nothing to do with the editor, Ron. This is about the "Max Load" values for aircraft. Lemurs originally decreased these values for 4E bombers, in an attempt to reduce their effectiveness. This was way back at the start of CHS development. Recently, after hearing that the Max Load value may not be used, except for determining base size for effective operation of the aircraft, I went and changed them back to the stock values (and then forgot I did it!). So the values are the same in CHS and stock now (although I have yet to verify that all the aircraft valules are OK).

Andrew

Whoohoo[8D]

RevRick

Post by RevRick »

ORIGINAL: AdmSpruance

Those are weapon loadouts, not "max load". Max load is a single number for the aircraft type. For example, the value for the B-29 is 20,000. In the old CHS it was 14,000. This is the number that is apparently used to calculate required base sizes, and is not used for anything else.

Andrew

Is it all right for those of us who are flamed about those &!%*$#@%%^ (%$%*&++ Betties carrying 200 torpedos a day halfway across the Pacific to increase the load outs for some semblance of revenge?????????????? Maybe we can put at least a small dent in Rabaul for the insane IJA favor of that nonsense!

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
worr

Post by worr »

I have just received a message from another forum member regarding maximum bomb loads for aircraft, that confirms that it is only used for airfield size calculation for aircraft, and nothing else. That means that many of the max bombload figures in CHS - originally modified to affect the effectiveness of heavy bombers in the game, I believe - are too low and should be increased back to the values used in the standard game.

I will soon - in the next day or two - issue another update to CHS that includes these changes (as well as the usual collection of minor fixes that are still being reported).

Andrew

So is the above still true?

Are you going to change something?

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”