From: Hex 82,170
So will there be a 2.06 soon? It does not look like it from everything I read, but I want to make sure.
There will be a 2.06. And there will be at least one more revision after that, as I still hope to add the long delayed Soviet OOB changes. The 2.06 revision is, so far, only a collection of minor fixes. To help you decide, here is the list I have so far:
Changes in CHS Revision 2.06
- Canada base now has its own (static) base force.
- Port Alice Base Force renamed to Coal Harbour Base Force.
- The Fort Scratchley CD unit at Newcastle, Australia, now has 30 aviation support, to represent the seaplane base (Rathmines) located near Newcastle.
- All Indian Air base forces renamed using the format "No. 1xx RIAF Base Force".
- All RAF base forces are now using a consistent naming format "No. 1xx RAF Base Force".
- All RAF Groups renamed using the format "No. 2xx RAF Group".
- No.457 Squadron RAAF changed to appear at Sydney on 420901.
- The Spitfire Vb has been provided with a starting pool of 11 aircraft. These now allow for some replacements to No.457 Squadron RAAF before January 1943, which is the availability date of the aircraft as of CHS 2.04.
- The "Max Load" value of the Liberator III has been corrected from 8000 to its original value of 8800 (All other aircraft have already been corrected in a previous update).
- Two duplicate leaders have been removed - D'Albiac, J.H. (15667) and Peirse, R. (18484).
- The later Essex class carriers have been split off into the separate "Ticonderoga" class. The class is identical to the Essex class, except for the addition of two 40mm Bofors quad mounts forward. The Essex class carriers are dividied between the two classes as follows:
Bon Homme Richard
Replacement carriers for sunk US Navy carriers will still be Essex class.
- Type STS Japanese submarines had duplicated Type 22 radar. Fixed.
- Tench Class US submarines had duplicated Type SJ radar. Fixed.
- Japanese DD Hatsuharu 9/43 upgrade had duplicated Type 22 radar. Fixed.
- Port Alice renamed to Coal Harbour.
- Baguio and Lucena in the Philippines have been changed from "Philippines" to "US Army" nationality.
Apart from this list there are a few minor tweaks I have yet to add. These are all minor changes. I will probably release 2.06 in the next few days.
There are also a couple of larger changes I may add as well, given that I have the time now while the Soviet OOB changes are still being worked on: I may possibly add a small number of additional Japaneses ships that were being built but were not completed, and I may do a revision of the USAAF recon and transport air units.
Also, is there a difference between stock and CHS 2.05 in terms of how large an airbase must be to support bombers?
No, there shouldn't be any difference.