PureSim Baseball All-Star Break Special

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

Alex Fiedler

PureSim Baseball All-Star Break Special

Post by Alex Fiedler »

Matrix Games and PureSim Baseball are happy to announce the PureSim Baseball 2007 All-Star break special, for a limited time, cutting its price in half to $14.95 for digital download orders. This ‘All-Star Break Special,’ in recognition of the upcoming three-day event in July, will give customers the opportunity to save on the most unique and enjoyable baseball simulation ever created.

“The All-Star break is a big deal,” said David Heath of Matrix Games. “We want to observe this important event in America’s Pastime by offering this special and giving everyone a chance to see why PureSim Baseball is truly hitting the ball out of the park with this game.”

The All-Star Break Deal will be in effect from midnight on Friday, June 30, 2006 through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 14, 2006. Baseball is a legendary part of American history; now here is your chance to create your own teams, legends, and diamond dynasties, or play any historic period from 1900 to 2005!
Walewander

RE: PureSim Baseball All-Star Break Special

Post by Walewander »

Wow, I wish I would have waited a while now.

jzicc

Post by jzicc »

Booo! way to alienate those that just paid the full price --- Too much of a break too soon
rickm

Post by rickm »

Cool! I can see why those who have purchased recently might be a little miffed, but hey, it's enough to get a fence-sitter like me to purchase.

One question: Why wait until June 30 to start the special? Now, it won't matter to me - I'll be buying within 24 hours or so after the special starts anyway. But, why not strike while the iron is hot and get my money now before I have a chance to change my mind? Also, I can't imagine you'll get any new sales between today and June 30 since we'll be waiting for the special to kick in. If you're going to offer the special at all, I'd recommed just going ahead and making it effective immedaitely.

Anyway, I look forward to giving the game a try.

Thanks.
SirWolf1960

Post by SirWolf1960 »

I want to say that I am proud to have supported Shaun by paying full price. I hope this sale will get others to try Pure Sim, and maybe by next year, they will feel the way many of us long-time PS fans do.

Steve
rowech

Post by rowech »

It has convinced me to buy too. Keep in mind though that the price is only for a short time and not for good. It's just a sale not a permanent reduction.
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: SirWolf1960

I want to say that I am proud to have supported Shaun by paying full price. I hope this sale will get others to try Pure Sim, and maybe by next year, they will feel the way many of us long-time PS fans do.

Steve

I fully agree with you, Steve. I didn't think twice about buying both the pre-Matrix PS 2005 and the Matrix edition PS 2007 at full price. If a temporary price reduction helps convince "fence-sitters" to make the purchase, I have no problem with it.

I also encourage new buyers to immediately download the 1.18 beta patch -- it's a solid release.
XCom

Post by XCom »

I think it is smart marketing considering where the competition stands right now and it being the height of baseball season.  I don't mind having paid full price and if this helps to build the community then we will all be better for it!
johneh

Post by johneh »

Well I've been thinking about getting this game in a couple months (after I finished a couple other games that I am already playing) but know I'm going to have to go ahead and jump on it.
Nomo Ootp

Post by Nomo Ootp »

I just downloaded the demo..... overall I am happy with it.  I played the earlier version of PS but was not happy with the sim speed.  Now it is not as fast as OOTP but I have found that overall the game has been improved greatly over the last few years.....  Consider me a new fan of the game and I will order it as soon as the special starts.... I still plan on playing OOTP 6.51 as well as this game, but I don't plan on getting into the OOTP2006 craze.  I want to play a league - not a damn universe... PS does what I want and appears to do it well.  

Sorry about the long message, it is just that I am surprised to see the advancements in the PS series and I look forward to contributing to this board...

nomo ootp aka sandman
matt0177

Post by matt0177 »

As someone who bought the game less then 2 weeks ago, it is a bit upsetting, I would of had no problem waiting had I known this was comming.
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: matt0177

As someone who bought the game less then 2 weeks ago, it is a bit upsetting, I would of had no problem waiting had I known this was comming.

Matt, I understand, but none of us knew. I feel positive about it, as it should give Pure Sim a jump-start and get more fans onboard the forums. Fresh opinions and new blood is always good --it gives the vets something to feed from.

PS just kidding, man. I believe in this game, its developer, and the great community we have. All we wanna do is spread the word --something special is happening here.
dnelms

Post by dnelms »

This is no different than going to the store, buying something you want (or need) and then the Sunday paper comes out with a "sharp reduction in price". IF you had just waited. Thing is, sales are put on to help sales and in this case get the base of fans (and users) stronger. I've been at this with PureSim since the Alpha days. The cost of it full price is still the equivalent of saving a few bucks on your lunches for one week. The enjoyment is so worth it. Rather than worry about what you missed, try convincing some fence sitters that now is the time to give PureSim a try.
A PureSim supporter from the early alpha days!
risk_doc

Post by risk_doc »

Even at full price, this game is a steal.[:)]  I have had this game for two weeks now and I still can't put it down.  I agree with the other posters that if a half-price sale brings some of the fence-sitters in, then it will benefit the entire Prosim community (particularly if we can get some programmer / utility whizzes to sign on since this game is very add-on friendly).
verizon32

Post by verizon32 »

But you can get an adjustment if an item goes on sale within 30 days in a store.
ORIGINAL: dnelms

This is no different than going to the store, buying something you want (or need) and then the Sunday paper comes out with a "sharp reduction in price". IF you had just waited. Thing is, sales are put on to help sales and in this case get the base of fans (and users) stronger. I've been at this with PureSim since the Alpha days. The cost of it full price is still the equivalent of saving a few bucks on your lunches for one week. The enjoyment is so worth it. Rather than worry about what you missed, try convincing some fence sitters that now is the time to give PureSim a try.
dnelms

Post by dnelms »

ORIGINAL: verizon32

But you can get an adjustment if an item goes on sale within 30 days in a store.

Not ALL stores have that, at least not in North Carolina. In fact very few. Either way, it's still a bargain at the full price.
A PureSim supporter from the early alpha days!
Claymore Cut

Post by Claymore Cut »

ORIGINAL: dnelms

Not ALL stores have that, at least not in North Carolina. In fact very few. Either way, it's still a bargain at the full price.

In New York they do, but then again, we can be a bit more "difficult" [X(]
rowech

Post by rowech »

Definitely not all stores
bigpapag

Post by bigpapag »

Many  states like NY,MA,MS and PA are a few of them that have the law that if an item goes on sale within 30 days in a store of purchase you can  get an adjustment and the law goes for all retail places in these states.
But what is worse is your wife finding out that the price was cut in half 2 weeks after she bought it. [&:]

BIG PAPA GIL
akw4572

Post by akw4572 »

Is there a promo code?  I just tried to order the digital download and it still said $29.99??

Return to “PureSim Baseball”